Frankie Dolan!!!

Started by An Gaeilgoir, November 26, 2006, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteFrankie didn't get the line

Did he not. Jaysus. ;D

An Laoch

Their seemed to be a ridiculous amount of people coming on the field and hanging around the sidelines during the game. Isn't there some rule about only designated 'bibbed' officials allowed around the playing area?

Mourne Rover

Manion's goal was something special, but surely he must have taken about 12 steps before the shot. Although St Bridget's deserved to win, I'd say Corofin will be pretty sick when they watch the tape. It's difficult to understand how the referee managed to miss both Dolan's punch and then the overcarrying from Manion. If the video evidence puts Dolan out of the All Ireland semi, St Bridget's are in big trouble.

rolloutking

lol wat a punch. Anyway the Corofin bloke shudn't have been on the field. He wasnt a player so how can Dolan get suspended. Look at it this way. If a fan came on the field and Dolan snouted him would he be sent off...probably not. The Corofin man didnt have a yellow bib on therefore he shouldn't have been inside the wire and most definitely not on the pitch. As far as Dolan is concerned he was a lunitic supporter who ran onto the field.

Here he did hit the ground like Didier Drogba tho. Wise up mate lol

Anyways that goal was a fluke. He was just hitting it towards goal, no way he meant it

Barney

Fair play to the red and green! Things are turning for Ros, promotion from Division 2 is a big possibility, and a great chance to get to a Connacht Final next Summer. Keep the heads and they may pose a serious obstacle for Mayo and Galway which would be good for Connacht football.

Connacht Final in the Hyde. Dolan should be sent off. Late goal wins it. Now who would write that script?

bridgegael

have to agree bout the amount of people standing along the sideline. they shouldn have been there.  two point is a dangerous lead and i think if there had have been a piont in it, mannion would have went for a point.  corofin will be kicking themselves today,  they missed three good scoring chances in last five to put the game out of reach.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Ryano

The Dolan punch; There was an altercation involving a player called Sice who ended up on the ground, said mentor (who is also called Sice) came onto pitch to "discuss" said altercation with Dolan who obviously did not feel like having a chat!! Whatever about being sent off it was some puch! Yer man might not be so quick to come onto the pitch next time.

But that should not take away from Karl Mannions goal. Holy sh1t! It was a dinger and to be honest the better team won. Corofin got 2 very very soft goals and apart from that they would have been creamed by Brigids.

They will be complete and total underdogs in the semi which i think will be totally fine with them!! The underdog status has suited Roscommon teams fairly well this year ;)

dubnut

In fairness the mentor had a good think about it before going down.

Plissken

I know its not right, but I couldnt help but laugh when Sugar Ray Dolan popped yer man on the chin,  I mean what was that guy
doing on the pitch anyway ?  he could have been anyone ?  was he even a mentor ?.  It took him ages to drop aswell, reminded me
of that Paolo Di Canio incident when the ref totally milked it.

Great goal by Mannion I thought they had blown it.  Brigids did deserve it I thought.

thebuzz

I think that Mannion probably thought he was going to get a free because he did appear to be getting pulled about a bit. To me in looked like he was just going for a point but it went in over the goalie's head. Great to see them winning.

Tatler Jack

According to Mannion he was going for a goal.

"I knew it was probably our last chance and I really wanted it because I felt that the two Corofin goals in the first half were my fault," said the delighted Mannion after the final whistle. "We knew if we kept going right until the wire, we would get the chance. After their penalty, they were two points up with two minutes to go and we knew we were under pressure.
"But if you got a chance you were going to take it. I just had to beat one man and then it opened up for me. And thank God, it went in."

Rossie11

QuoteConnacht Final in the Hyde. Dolan should be sent off. Late goal wins it. Now who would write that script?
Ah Barney surely Gerry Lohan still isnt giving you nightmares at this stage..  :)

Fair play to Bridgets they deserved their win. Put some fine moves together. Would have been robbery if Corofin had won it.
The lack a lethal forward the likes of Meehan or Joyce.
Mannion by his own admission was having a stinker of a game up to that. Was the cause of the 2 early goals. Made up for it big time though.

GalwayBayBoy

I thought the lack of a star forward would eventually trip up Corofin. They are solid all over then pitch but when their main scoring forward can't even get on the Galway panel you have to think it might catch them out somewhere.

Bridget's probably just about deserved the win but Corofin did play virtually the entire game with 14 men so to even get themselves 2 points ahead going into injury time was a big effort from them.

I'm not a fan of mentors coming onto the pitch but Dolan had to go for that punch he threw. Mentor or not you just can't box the head of people on the field of play and expect to remain of the pitch. He got away with that one even though I had to laugh at the delayed reaction of the old buck he punched. He went down in instalments. The pair of them should have got the line.

magpie seanie

Didn't see the game of the incident with cranky Frankie but if he struck he should have gone. If one of the Aussies did it a few weeks ago we'd be calling him a t**ker. Consistency required here - there's no room for throwing punches on a football field.

rosnarun

never thought i'd be defending a roscommon man but dolan didnt start the hand bags stuff the mentor did. je wasnt even the on involved in the inital tackle.

they are still all sheepstealing cnuts though
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere