Ulster SFC Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, April 23, 2007, 09:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that the league is over who is going to win it?

Armagh
Antrim
Cavan
Monaghan
Tyone
Donegal
Fermanagh
Derry
Down

Dinny Breen

One rule and one rule only you can't vote for your own county....
#newbridgeornowhere

SlimShady

since i cant vote for my own county  :P

it has to be Donegal and i hope its Donegal.

bennydorano

As a gambling man it would have to be Derry, simply for the reason that Armagh, Tyrone and Donegal are in one side of the draw and Derry seem to have a relatively easy passage to the final.  Dont expect Armagh to be the mix at all TBH, a Derry v Tyrone/Donegal final.

amallon

I'd like to see Donegal win it, they have been knocking on the door for a good number of years.  I just have a sneaking feeling that Donegal will get caught out somewhere. I think Tyrone will win it. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

realredhandfan

Tyrone are wobbly this year to be honest I dont think they will be far away but have they the charcter of 05 or 03 I think not. After yesterday I have a feeling that Donegal arent the finished product yet but would be my favourites.  Derry are imploding internally as they always do. Monaghan and Cavan look weak this year.   Outside Ulster Mayo are poor enough.  Could be a year we see a Jackeen win or indeed the rise of the langers.

Orior

Where are all the Donegal posters?  >:(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

cavan4ever

Bogball XV

Quote from: bennydorano on April 23, 2007, 10:10:17 AM
As a gambling man it would have to be Derry, simply for the reason that Armagh, Tyrone and Donegal are in one side of the draw and Derry seem to have a relatively easy passage to the final.  Dont expect Armagh to be the mix at all TBH, a Derry v Tyrone/Donegal final.
I wouldn't be putting down any money on Derry until the Paddy Bradley suspension is determined - without him, they could struggle to put away Monaghan/Down.

cavan4ever

[/quote]
I wouldn't be putting down any money on Derry until the Paddy Bradley suspension is determined - without him, they could struggle to put away Monaghan/Down/Cavan
[/quote]

::) ::)

doodaa

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 23, 2007, 11:01:51 AM
I wouldn't be putting down any money on Derry until the Paddy Bradley suspension is determined - without him, they could struggle to put away Monaghan/Down.

Maybe now paddy isnt/mightnt be about the derry team might evolve from the "kick it to paddy" style tactics theyve used previously and into a team where other forwards might shine a la the armagh game?????

Bogball XV

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 23, 2007, 11:48:13 AM

I wouldn't be putting down any money on Derry until the Paddy Bradley suspension is determined - without him, they could struggle to put away Monaghan/Down/Cavan

::) ::)
[/quote][/quote]
My humble apologies!!
Quote from: doodaa on April 23, 2007, 11:56:52 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on April 23, 2007, 11:01:51 AM

Maybe now paddy isnt/mightnt be about the derry team might evolve from the "kick it to paddy" style tactics theyve used previously and into a team where other forwards might shine a la the armagh game?????

Or the Kildare game??

nrico2006

I would put my money on Tyrone to be honest.  I believe that the weeks now b4 the championship will galvanise the team together.  I'd be slightly apprehensive about Donegal.  Good win yesterday, but they are one of the few teams to have played the league with their 1st choice side.  Tyrone, Armagh, Mayo, Kerry etc have not had their strongest sides out, and whether that will be a help or hinderence come championship is another thing.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

doodaa

@ bogball - Whichever one it was i cant mind?
All six forwards scored i think?

realredhandfan

But Tyrone struggle inexplicably with Donegal and mayos short handpassing games to the extent that I would call them bogey teams.  Ill back tyrone I always do, but Donegal and in particular Mc ivor if they sober quickly up will feature alongside Armagh and Derry would have been worth an outside punt until they imploded as a county.