Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Rossfan on August 25, 2023, 06:08:43 PM
Whatever about Casement the Hyde improvement works continue (Saw Machinery working there yesterday)

https://roscommonherald.ie/2023/08/25/green-light-given-to-next-phase-of-hyde-park-redevelopment/

Always wondered where he got to; great Derryman and a fine poster here for years.

Rossfan

LC

Quote from: Rossfan on September 02, 2023, 08:53:02 AM
Ulster rugger ballers to play in Breffni Park 7th October.

Kingspan probably being the main thing here, sponsors of both.

A fair drive for a lot of the BT9 brigade, a change of scenery heading to Cavan.

Plus politically convenient to as no doubt somebody would have stirred the pot so to speak if it had been in a pitch in the 6 counties.

Rossfan

naka

Quote from: LC on September 02, 2023, 09:55:10 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 02, 2023, 08:53:02 AM
Ulster rugger ballers to play in Breffni Park 7th October.

Kingspan probably being the main thing here, sponsors of both.

A fair drive for a lot of the BT9 brigade, a change of scenery heading to Cavan.

Plus politically convenient to as no doubt somebody would have stirred the pot so to speak if it had been in a pitch in the 6 counties.
same day as the scotland game so i cant see too many at it

trailer

Quote from: Rossfan on September 06, 2023, 10:49:24 AM
Plenty of work in the pipeline for Stadium builders....
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41220256.html

Haven't been to the premium level in a few years but felt the corporate facilities and the idea behind what a good corporate day is, badly needs updated at HQ. Been lucky to get to a few corporate gigs over the past 24 months in England and Europe. The big carvery dinner is so outdated. You can get an all in food and drink deal in lots of places which is good value. Think they could do things better.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trailer

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2023, 11:34:11 PM
Interesting to see if Casement will have a carvery deal.

Probably will and it will probably be shite.
I'd say there will be a good appetite for corporate tickets for an Ulster final and the likes. I'd take clients for sure.

WeeDonns

QuoteRedeveloped in time to be opened for 1996 for the price of £35 million (€62.75 million), the stand has a capacity of approximately 27,000.
I'm pretty sure the new Cusack was there in 1992 for the Tyrone v Derry national league final, although upper tiers not finished
It was defiantly in use for the 1995 final

QuoteAs well as the construction of a second hotel close to GAA HQ on Clonliffe College grounds built by the association, it is anticipated the Cusack Stand will require a facelift in the coming years.
Do the GAA own Conliffe college now?

clarshack

The 1993 All-Ireland Final would have been the last game in which the old Cusack Stand was used.
It was in part use for the 94 Final and fully used for the 95 Final.

OakleafCounty

I remember being in the old Cusack in 1993. The noise in it was unreal with the upper deck being practically on top of the lower.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: clarshack on September 07, 2023, 08:50:49 AM
The 1993 All-Ireland Final would have been the last game in which the old Cusack Stand was used.
It was in part use for the 94 Final and fully used for the 95 Final.
You are correct I was in that Cusack that day and there was a certificate in each seat saying you were going to be the last person to sit on it (it's still in the house somewhere)

Aristo 60

tintin25

Quote from: trailer on September 06, 2023, 03:57:47 PM

Haven't been to the premium level in a few years but felt the corporate facilities and the idea behind what a good corporate day is, badly needs updated at HQ. Been lucky to get to a few corporate gigs over the past 24 months in England and Europe. The big carvery dinner is so outdated. You can get an all in food and drink deal in lots of places which is good value. Think they could do things better.

The premium experience definitely needs upgraded, not worth the money imo.  It's nowhere the level you'd see in other Sports Arenas in Europe and beyond.