Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on May 18, 2023, 08:58:58 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 18, 2023, 08:52:47 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 18, 2023, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: markl121 on May 18, 2023, 08:47:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2023, 06:15:04 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 17, 2023, 09:11:03 PM
Bring back  the railway vline to Clones.  Now , that would make  an enjoyable Ulster final day. Nobody   would care about  the roads  or parking then

It could happen! ;D

Would that be a cross border railway route? Who'd pay for that? Would there be much objections from the local farmers?  ;)
The railway to clones would service Belfast and where else? Newry? most of ulster wouldn't benefit.

Clones had lines to Enniskillen, Cavan, Armagh/Portadown and Dundalk (for Monaghan and South Armagh folk).
The line from Dundalk remained open for goods after regular passenger services stopped. My Da was on a special to the 1958 or perhaps 1959 Ulster final which was the last passenger train to run.

How did he get home?

Very good. On the same train, of course, sure where could it go only back the same way since the hoors in Fermanagh had lifted the line.

ANd only 4/6 from Cullaville

Emmm, the Brits call it Cullaville, and the Irish call it Culloville.

So what does that make you? lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

restorepride

Quote from: Orior on August 02, 2023, 11:13:02 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 18, 2023, 08:58:58 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 18, 2023, 08:52:47 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 18, 2023, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: markl121 on May 18, 2023, 08:47:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2023, 06:15:04 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 17, 2023, 09:11:03 PM
Bring back  the railway vline to Clones.  Now , that would make  an enjoyable Ulster final day. Nobody   would care about  the roads  or parking then

It could happen! ;D

Would that be a cross border railway route? Who'd pay for that? Would there be much objections from the local farmers?  ;)
The railway to clones would service Belfast and where else? Newry? most of ulster wouldn't benefit.

Clones had lines to Enniskillen, Cavan, Armagh/Portadown and Dundalk (for Monaghan and South Armagh folk).
The line from Dundalk remained open for goods after regular passenger services stopped. My Da was on a special to the 1958 or perhaps 1959 Ulster final which was the last passenger train to run.

How did he get home?

Very good. On the same train, of course, sure where could it go only back the same way since the hoors in Fermanagh had lifted the line.

ANd only 4/6 from Cullaville

Emmm, the Brits call it Cullaville, and the Irish call it Culloville.

So what does that make you? lol
Solution:  Baile Mhic Cullach. 

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

How is a contract award valid near 10yrs later,? These awards are normally only valid a few yrs, then void if work has not begun. How come this never been etendered again? Fear of seeing the reason cost I doubt.

NAG1

It's a partnership with Heron Bros as the main contractor, so I would imagine it is up to Herons to replace them or work with them to complete the contract if they can sort their financials out.

I doubt they would be needed at the beginning of the works anyway as Herons would be more than able to prepare the site. From what I have heard the contractors for each element have already been lined up.

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on August 22, 2023, 08:59:48 AM
It's a partnership with Heron Bros as the main contractor, so I would imagine it is up to Herons to replace them or work with them to complete the contract if they can sort their financials out.

I doubt they would be needed at the beginning of the works anyway as Herons would be more than able to prepare the site. From what I have heard the contractors for each element have already been lined up.

Through a proper tendering process obviously  ;)

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on August 22, 2023, 09:01:54 AM

Of course JC  ;)

twohands!!!

Quote from: NAG1 on August 22, 2023, 09:24:18 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 22, 2023, 09:01:54 AM

Of course JC  ;)

I still can't get over the fact that Cork GAA didn't get more blow-back about the fact that the chairman was actually boasting that all the contractors for Pairc Ui Chaoimh bar one were Cork firms, especially given the problems that later came to light.

Wildweasel74

Nobody sort give a reason why a contract awarded years ago is still legally valid here? Given material cost went up 30% alone in the past 3/4yrs. Seen it happen in school where they had to be retendered

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 23, 2023, 12:00:52 AM
Nobody sort give a reason why a contract awarded years ago is still legally valid here? Given material cost went up 30% alone in the past 3/4yrs. Seen it happen in school where they had to be retendered

I can think of a number of potential reasons.
If they did re-tender after awarding it, for no reason other than cost, then the original contractor would be within their rights to take legal action. I'm sure they have costs for the tendering processes and then post award. Should they have taken the contract off them for no fault of their own, then I think they'd have a right to take action. This could cost a lot and take a lot of time.

Time is another issue. A tender for something of this scale is bound to take time to set up, time to allow applicants to submit a response, more time to select a winner and then a cooling off period.

If Heron's are the main contractor, they can perhaps replace the sub-contractor with no additional cost or risk to the project. I'm sure they'd have something built into the legalities of the award that Heron's would be responsible in the case of a subcontractor issue.

I reckon a re-tender would not be in anyone's interests provided the current contractor can demonstrate any increase in costs is due to the market and not profiteering.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

NAG1

LeoMc

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 23, 2023, 12:00:52 AM

There will likely have been clauses to allow for increasing material costs. At no point was the Contractor responsible for the delay.