Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on May 08, 2023, 05:12:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2023, 12:07:50 PM
If there was a better stadium available other than Clones it is realistic to think that a lot more neutrals would go. I would probably go to Ulster Finals with the family if the facilities were better.

Most of the time getting tickets to a final will always be an issue for neutrals - unless you have big connections. Even if Casement was up and running it still wouldn't fulfill the demand for this weekend.   Casement would just be a more pleasurable experience for those of us that might be lucky enough to get tickets for Sunday.

I have never wanted to go to a game and not get a ticket ever. Even the Covid All Ireland I got tickets handy for all the family.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on May 09, 2023, 10:04:43 AM
If there was a better stadium available other than Clones it is realistic to think that a lot more neutrals would go. I would probably go to Ulster Finals with the family if the facilities were better.

Most of the time getting tickets to a final will always be an issue for neutrals - unless you have big connections. Even if Casement was up and running it still wouldn't fulfill the demand for this weekend.   Casement would just be a more pleasurable experience for those of us that might be lucky enough to get tickets for Sunday.

I have never wanted to go to a game and not get a ticket ever. Even the Covid All Ireland I got tickets handy for all the family.
You must have the big connections ;)

RedHand88

It's not what you know its who you know!
Though aren't you in business? Would explain you being able to get tickets handy enough.

armaghniac

The Season ticket pays off here, avoiding any angst about tickets. Either Derry or Armagh is going to end up in a group with Tyrone after this game and there could be great pressure on tickets for that game also.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnnycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 17, 2023, 10:36:22 AM
Numbers wise 3 of the biggest clubs in Ulster are in greater Belfast. Carryduff, Glengormley and Bredagh. All 3 very much grown by outsiders moving and settling in Belfast. I'd agree with the last post on those people going to a new Casement to support their home county.

Two of those clubs are Down clubs, and will not be getting much access once built unless Down hurlers and footballers are playing there.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 09, 2023, 10:10:58 AM

It's not what you know its who you know!
Though aren't you in business? Would explain you being able to get tickets handy enough.

I got two through the club and then a friend got me another one.
Reading the Derry Armagh final thread we can see plain as day why we need a modern stadium to host our games in the North. Children on the hill in Clones isn't good for anyone. The place is a f**king dump.

AustinPowers

Tickets for The  covid  All Ireland  that had no spectators?  How  did you  manage that? 

trailer

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 09, 2023, 01:05:53 PM

Tickets for The  covid  All Ireland  that had no spectators?  How  did you  manage that?

The reduced capacity one with Tyrone.

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on May 09, 2023, 01:56:01 PM

The one that was meant to be 40k or something like that. It looked like there was at least 70k on the day!

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on May 09, 2023, 02:00:53 PM

The one that was meant to be 40k or something like that. It looked like there was at least 70k on the day!

There were more than 40k that's for sure.

AustinPowers

That's those  crafty  Tyrone hoors for ya  ;D

LeoMc

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 09, 2023, 03:15:54 PM

That's those  crafty  Tyrone hoors for ya  ;D
We saved all our tickets from the covid cancelled semi-final.;)

Dougal Maguire

Jesus after experiencing Clones for the last 2 matches, it just brings home the need to build the new Casement Park as soon as possible
Careful now

Fuzzman

What was the parking and traffic like in Clones?

From other years we always waited an hour in the pub before trying to leave.

Was wondering could they "TRY" to have some sort of system where depending on where you park they assign you a time to come back to your car so that not everyone was trying to get out at the same time.
Obviously not everyone would follow it but lets say cars parked the furthest away get to leave first and maybe every 15 mins another departure slot for the next lot.

Armagh18

It wasn't too bad from what I saw, some crowd on the street though and good luck trying to gwt into a pub.