Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

The idea to sell bales of silage from the pitch hasn't generated enough to match the shortfall?

Very entertaining few pages. My position hasn't changed. It's too big, it's not what's required but it has become a vanity project for the Shinners, the Ulster Council and various others usually seen on TV saying Get Er Built, so nobody will back down even if it means getting nothing.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 15, 2023, 12:06:37 AM
The idea to sell bales of silage from the pitch hasn't generated enough to match the shortfall?

Very entertaining few pages. My position hasn't changed. It's too big, it's not what's required but it has become a vanity project for the Shinners, the Ulster Council and various others usually seen on TV saying Get Er Built, so nobody will back down even if it means getting nothing.

If it isn't that big then it is feck all use to anyone except Antrim, and the money should be for all GAA people in NI, not those least interested.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 14, 2023, 11:00:32 PM
Even better.

For more than a decade I've been listening to the bullshit sound bites that this stadium has potential to wake the sleeping giant of Antrim GAA, unlock the massive potential of GAA in the city. It's complete nonsense but people clearly buy it.

Yet, here we are praying that one of the most prestigious soccer competitions in the world can save our souls. A previous hope was a Rugby World Cup bid. Not a single f**k is given about GAA growth with this stadium.

This was never about GAA growth. There was funding available that got grabbed. Figuring out what to do with it was an afterthought.

Sportacus

That's the long and the short of it. 

Kidder81

Quote from: armaghniac on April 15, 2023, 01:10:32 AM

If it isn't that big then it is feck all use to anyone except Antrim, and the money should be for all GAA people in NI, not those least interested.

Concerts. Feile events

Dougal Maguire

Fortunately none of you naysayers had a voice in the early 1990s or Croke Park never would have been redeveloped. Have ye no sense of vision? The redeveloped Casement will be the best and we deserve the best.
Careful now

Wildweasel74

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Saffrongael

Quote from: Rossfan on April 15, 2023, 11:43:57 PM
With 250 odd Clubs .... I'd say quite a lot.

Do they all get into it ? Cos I'm pretty sure the clubs in Antrim will be *way* down the pecking order when it comes to getting into Casement
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

armaghniac

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 15, 2023, 11:45:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 15, 2023, 11:43:57 PM
With 250 odd Clubs .... I'd say quite a lot.

Do they all get into it ? Cos I'm pretty sure the clubs in Antrim will be *way* down the pecking order when it comes to getting into Casement

Perhaps Antrim should now agree to fund a large part of the funding gap on the basis that their clubs would get on?

Rossfan

If I recall correctly the first match played in the new Páirc was a Minor or u21 Club Hurling game which attracted over 10,000 spectators
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 15, 2023, 11:07:44 PM
Fortunately none of you naysayers had a voice in the early 1990s or Croke Park never would have been redeveloped. Have ye no sense of vision? The redeveloped Casement will be the best and we deserve the best.

Croke Park is a white elephant that breaks above even a handful of times a year. Games sell out what, 3 times a year at most? It's far too big.

armaghniac

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 16, 2023, 12:12:41 AM
Erm...they have. They have given their ground to Ulster GAA. A significant enough donation.

Good point.

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 16, 2023, 12:12:41 AM
However, you make an interesting point. Since this is not Antrim's stadium but one for all, perhaps the other counties should pony up to the same tune as Antrim have.

Other counties will not be having club or home county games there.

imtommygunn

They will have to apply for games though like anyone else would.