Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 14, 2023, 02:55:16 PM
Fair enough. Do nothing like you have done for over 10 years now.

Apologies, you have of course written "Get it built" on social media 10s of thousands of times and had some marvellous photo shoots. Keep it going cos it's working tremendously well.

Believe me if I was in charge of this project it would be built by now.

RedHand88

clonadmad

Quote from: weareros on April 14, 2023, 02:55:58 PM
Dublin will have 5 billion surplus every year for next 5 years. Since it's a GAA stadium that will ultimately promote Irish culture, Irish gov should cover the additional costs. An additional 50 million is nothing in the scheme of things. It would soften the cough of some DUPers.

Any surplus that the Irish state runs should be used to pay down the Irish national debt and for projects such as the M20 which will benefit the Irish taxpayer

It's not up to the Irish Taxpayers to fund a British Based development which if anything,the British taxpayer should be funding

The GAA has pledged £15m already which would have been more than enough if rank incompetence hadn't delayed this project

Cavan19

Dublin will have 5 billion surplus every year for next 5 years. Since it's a GAA stadium that will ultimately promote Irish culture, Irish gov should cover the additional costs. An additional 50 million is nothing in the scheme of things. It would soften the cough of some DUPers.

I don't think they should it would be alot better spent on doing up the likes of Clones, Navan, Breffni etc.

Rossfan

GAA people in the 6 Cos. pay taxes to the London Government.
Therefore that Government should make up the shortfall if they want this soccer tourney.
If the soccer thing doesn't materialise build what the existing funds will cover.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

weareros

Quote from: Cavan19 on April 14, 2023, 03:54:07 PM

I don't think they should it would be alot better spent on doing up the likes of Clones, Navan, Breffni etc.

Agreed on these grounds too. But I do think its reasonable that Irish government funds GAA grounds in six counties, just as they are helping with funding Gaelic Park in New York. Not to support Euro 28, but to ensure Gaelic games has a modern stadium in Belfast. It's a long term investment in our native games. Brits won't care if Casement is not built nor will Unionists (in fact they will be delighted) - there's a waiting list of 3 stadia in England that will take that spot.

Wildweasel74

How about providing multi coaches from the GAA for Antrim been a bigger need going on their display last week.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: weareros on April 14, 2023, 04:52:41 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on April 14, 2023, 03:54:07 PM

Agreed on these grounds too. But I do think its reasonable that Irish government funds GAA grounds in six counties, just as they are helping with funding Gaelic Park in New York. Not to support Euro 28, but to ensure Gaelic games has a modern stadium in Belfast. It's a long term investment in our native games. Brits won't care if Casement is not built nor will Unionists (in fact they will be delighted) - there's a waiting list of 3 stadia in England that will take that spot.

They are funding a social centre that happens to be located in a venue the GAA use. Whole different ballgame to dropping £100m into Belfast when sports venues in the south are creaking at best

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 13, 2023, 05:55:23 PM
You can accept that it is going to be £100 million over budget if you wish but there will be many that won't. They won't see it as a good investment of £162 million.

I wouldn't see it as a good investment at £16.2 million.

One covered terrace, one covered seated stand, two ends uncovered terrace. Simple, affordable, and in actual fact, a better fit for what Antrim and Ulster actually need.

i usse an speelchekor

Wildweasel74

In reality if u were in a position of power and that business case came in front of you, for £62 million plus GAA £15million. Now £130Million,  how can you justify it when the EA budget slashed, Health service crumbling, Roads not repaired. Take off the political or GAA glasses, it's very hard to justify.

Orior

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 14, 2023, 10:05:48 PM
In reality if u were in a position of power and that business case came in front of you, for £62 million plus GAA £15million. Now £130Million,  how can you justify it when the EA  budget slashed, Health service crumbling, Roads un repaired. Tali g if the political or GAA glasses, it's very hard to justify.

If that argument had legs, then every museum, library and arts theatre would be permanently shut down.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 14, 2023, 10:26:10 PM
The difference is that the other two organisations delivered their ground redevelopment while the GAA has yet to do so. They still can. With £77 million.

They can, but that would be feck all use to EURO2028.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Should have built it in Lough Neagh and then built bridges leading to it. Some of the bridges could have been named after prominent loyalists as well as republicans.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.