Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: trailer on December 05, 2022, 10:06:03 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 03, 2022, 12:47:30 AM
Should went for something smaller, say 21-25k like Armagh set up. Would done Antrim the best plus a Ulster 1st rd and semi. With the finals remaining in clones.

Clones is a f**king shithole. In the toilets the piss is running around your feet. It needs completely refurbished. There isn't even coverage from the elements on 3/4 of the stands.

We need a 40k seater, state of the art stadium to play GAA games in. I do not care if it costs £300m. We need it and the government has to pay for it. The money will only be spunked on something else. Why do we care about the cost? Look at the amount of money wasted on the A5, Covid PPE contracts etc.
The project has been steeped in incompetence. Time someone took it by the scruff of the neck and got on and got it built.

Make it 100k
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

trailer

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 05, 2022, 11:03:04 AM
Should went for something smaller, say 21-25k like Armagh set up. Would done Antrim the best plus a Ulster 1st rd and semi. With the finals remaining in clones.

Clones is a f**king shithole. In the toilets the piss is running around your feet. It needs completely refurbished. There isn't even coverage from the elements on 3/4 of the stands.

We need a 40k seater, state of the art stadium to play GAA games in. I do not care if it costs £300m. We need it and the government has to pay for it. The money will only be spunked on something else. Why do we care about the cost? Look at the amount of money wasted on the A5, Covid PPE contracts etc.
The project has been steeped in incompetence. Time someone took it by the scruff of the neck and got on and got it built.

Make it 100k

Now you're getting carried away.

trailer

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on December 05, 2022, 11:51:33 AM
Are you expecting them to go back to the drawing board and design a stadium with 40,000 seats? Their current plan only has 26,000 seats I think.

It's 34,500

clonadmad

Build the Luas to Dingle and the Bojo Bridge to Scotland while they are at it

Clearly a post not grounded in reality, financial or otherwise

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 05, 2022, 12:06:24 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on December 05, 2022, 12:03:30 PM
8,500 standing.
Not get away with that for the soccer if that goes ahead
Easy to convert modern terrace to seating if needs be, would just get casement over  30000 seats

trailer

Quote from: clonadmad on December 05, 2022, 12:27:02 PM

Sure do nothing. Build nothing. Maintain nothing. Hand over a hape of shite to future generations. In fact disband the entire association.
As long as the piss is swilling around our feet and we're sitting on concrete steps you'll be happy. Wise up.

AustinPowers

20k is enough for Casement

I honestly think a few years ago they  should Have Built an Ulster gaa centre in somewhere like Armagh/Ballygawley/Dungannon ( like the one Connacht has) where lots of counties could  avail of its facilities.

clonadmad

Quote from: trailer on December 05, 2022, 01:41:32 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on December 05, 2022, 12:27:02 PM

Sure do nothing. Build nothing. Maintain nothing. Hand over a hape of shite to future generations. In fact disband the entire association.
As long as the piss is swilling around our feet and we're sitting on concrete steps you'll be happy. Wise up.

no more needed to be said

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 05, 2022, 01:45:17 PM

I honestly think a few years ago they  should Have Built an Ulster gaa centre in somewhere like Armagh/Ballygawley/Dungannon ( like the one Connacht has) where lots of counties could  avail of its facilities.

Totally agree. I was in Belfast sat, what a nightmare, and then up the falls , no way . The GAA and its strength lie outsude Belfast-take it to the people and make it accessible to the whole of ULSTER.

trailer

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 05, 2022, 02:05:03 PM

Totally agree. I was in Belfast sat, what a nightmare, and then up the falls , no way . The GAA and its strength lie outsude Belfast-take it to the people and make it accessible to the whole of ULSTER.

What we should do is build a 10k stadium but have like a hunger game scenario for the tickets. People have to go around killing their rivals. Last man standing.
Once we get this idea on the congress agenda I can flesh out the details a little more.

Rossfan

I honestly think a few years ago they  should Have Built an Ulster gaa centre in somewhere like Armagh/Ballygawley/Dungannon ( like the one Connacht has)

NOOOOOO!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Olly

I honestly don't think boys like Elton John will come to Casement if it's only 25000. Say his tickets are 100 pounds, that's 2500000, which is 2.5m in modern maths. By the time he pays for the lorries bringing his stuff, the dancers from all over the world, the instruments and musicians, and then his extravagant dining habits and outfits, he'll only have maybe 100000 left. Casement needs about 40000 to make it viable for the like of John, Parton or Meatloaf.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

quit yo jibbajabba

Forgot bout the Provie bouncers Ollie. He be playin at a loss at this stage

Silver hill

Quote from: Olly on December 05, 2022, 10:11:00 PM
I honestly don't think boys like Elton John will come to Casement if it's only 25000. Say his tickets are 100 pounds, that's 2500000, which is 2.5m in modern maths. By the time he pays for the lorries bringing his stuff, the dancers from all over the world, the instruments and musicians, and then his extravagant dining habits and outfits, he'll only have maybe 100000 left. Casement needs about 40000 to make it viable for the like of John, Parton or Meatloaf.

Meat loaf definitely won't be.