Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 02, 2022, 09:48:06 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 02, 2022, 08:23:21 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 02, 2022, 07:38:41 PM
Quote from: Will it ever end on June 02, 2022, 07:04:07 PM
You do realise that Derry to Belfast road will be immeasurably improved well ahead of any Casement build, and should take you 30 minutes less to travel despite being a longer distance trip.

Such a silly argument!

Such a silly claim. 30 mins lmfao. Anyhow it's not about derry to Belfast . It's about the fact that the residents didn't want the stadium , it's in an overly congested area of Belfast with very very poor access and is now into millions of overspend when it never had any tradition before in that location and is in no way handy ti "Gaels of Ulster" . It's for the new age fat cat suits in GAA, Mc Cavanagh, Mc Geehan etc and all their buddies.

This is modern day David and Goliath story

Jesus wept.

Any wonder the GAA in Derry City is in the state it's in when this is the attitude to development.  We can't build a new ground on the site of a ground that has stood for 70 odd years because "no tradition"  ;D

As has already been explained to you multiple times, access to Casement is much better for most of the gaels of ulster than access to Clones.  That includes yourself.

You'd be the same clown that would defend that aberration in terms of access (amongst other things) that Derry have built on the Lonemoor road.

This is getting a bit tiresome.  It's difficult to discuss things with someone who thinks that their opinion carries more weight than actual facts

ffs where did i ever mention clones as a better option you absolute clown. Stop muddying the water. I havent a clue what the remark about derry city gaa has to do with anything, childish. Steelstown won AIIF last time I checked we have 2 lads on senior Derry football panel and 3 hurling so not doing too bad thank you

You mentioned you were content to head to Ulster Finals with your "flask of tae".  ::) lol

A clear admission that you were happy to go to clones for ulster finals...

But are having a proper moan about potentially having to go to Belfast... even though you've been shown it's closer

I don't think my remark about the state of the GAA in the city needs any further clarification

There are plenty of great and energetic GAA men in the city

There are also plenty of whingers

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on June 02, 2022, 10:55:30 PM
You do realise that Derry to Belfast road will be immeasurably improved well ahead of any Casement build, and should take you 30 minutes less to travel despite being a longer distance trip.

Such a silly argument!

Such a silly claim. 30 mins lmfao. Anyhow it's not about derry to Belfast . It's about the fact that the residents didn't want the stadium , it's in an overly congested area of Belfast with very very poor access and is now into millions of overspend when it never had any tradition before in that location and is in no way handy ti "Gaels of Ulster" . It's for the new age fat cat suits in GAA, Mc Cavanagh, Mc Geehan etc and all their buddies.

Jesus wept.

Any wonder the GAA in Derry City is in the state it's in when this is the attitude to development.  We can't build a new ground on the site of a ground that has stood for 70 odd years because "no tradition"  ;D

As has already been explained to you multiple times, access to Casement is much better for most of the gaels of ulster than access to Clones.  That includes yourself.

You'd be the same clown that would defend that aberration in terms of access (amongst other things) that Derry have built on the Lonemoor road.

This is getting a bit tiresome.  It's difficult to discuss things with someone who thinks that their opinion carries more weight than actual facts

ffs where did i ever mention clones as a better option you absolute clown. Stop muddying the water. I havent a clue what the remark about derry city gaa has to do with anything, childish. Steelstown won AIIF last time I checked we have 2 lads on senior Derry football panel and 3 hurling so not doing too bad thank you

You mentioned you were content to head to Ulster Finals with your "flask of tae".  ::) lol

But are having a proper moan about potentially having to go to Belfast... even though you've been shown it's closer

I don't think my remark about the state of the GAA in the city needs any further clarification

What in actual feck.

Where you from yourself btw. Flask of Tae  =clones.  Clean mad

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on June 02, 2022, 10:37:12 PM

Such a silly argument!

Jesus wept.

+ 1.

-1 lol

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 02, 2022, 11:16:18 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 02, 2022, 10:55:30 PM

Such a silly argument!

Jesus wept.

What in actual feck.

Where you from yourself btw. Flask of Tae  =clones.  Clean mad

Ulster Final = Clones

Unless you were talking about Ulster hurling finals... which were in....  ;D

Anyway, I think it's time to leave this

Wasted enough time and I think I've made my point

Cavan19

Quote from: Upandover on June 02, 2022, 02:51:47 PM
Jesus christ more arguments in here than a school playground, over something that is so beneficial, a brand new gaa ground.

As stated all roads do indeed lead to belfast, the glider, the rail network etc.

On bars you have the devenish, hunting lodge, pd, biddys, wolf and whistle, the felons, glenowen, mcenaneys, the rock, beehive, all within a couple of miles at most and easily accesible by bus service running up and down the falls.

I for one cant wait to bring my kids to games in the new casement! One day if lucky enough they may even play there.

Anyone going to a game doesn't want to be going to a pub for a drink a couple of miles from the pitch.

Wildweasel74

Might never be built, looking at the revised costs for it, from a revised £77million to £110million to a eye watering 150million now, who's gona pass that off when the standard of living at a all time high, and money required in so many services.

God14

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 07, 2022, 08:53:34 AM
Might never be built, looking at the revised costs for it, from a revised £77million to £110million to a eye watering 150million now, who's gona pass that off when the standard of living at a all time high, and money required in so many services.

It wont be built unfortunately. The economic case no longer stacks up

On a different note completely was in the Athletic Grounds on Sunday. What a brilliant venue that is. Close tight knit stadium, perfect for atmosphere and noise. Its miles better than Healy Park, Celtic park and the rest of the grounds in the six counties
Antrim need an athletic grounds type stadia. 18K to 20K

Armagh18

Quote from: God14 on June 07, 2022, 09:02:16 AM

On a different note completely was in the Athletic Grounds on Sunday. What a brilliant venue that is. Close tight knit stadium, perfect for atmosphere and noise. Its miles better than Healy Park, Celtic park and the rest of the grounds in the six counties
yeah it is absolutely fantastic. The buzz in it does be something else. Only problem is watch out for balls being kicked at you if you're behind the nets as there is no catch net.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 07, 2022, 09:05:16 AM

yeah it is absolutely fantastic. The buzz in it does be something else. Only problem is watch out for balls being kicked at you if you're behind the nets as there is no catch net.

Good ground.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 07, 2022, 10:50:59 AM
I'm not sure how accurate the £150 million figure is but a rise from £110m to £150m over the last 3 years probably does sound plausible.
I always thought it was going to be a hard sell for Sinn Féin to get the extra £33 million but at £150 million.....Christ!

Receiving £62.5 million in government funding and going back and asking for an extra £72.5 million..... you'd expect to get laughed out of the place.

I'd say if anything it's underestimating the increases in the last 3 years. There could be issues getting that going at the minute, with additional funding needed, but the northern market is always more competitive then the southern one.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on June 07, 2022, 11:03:29 AM
I'm not sure how accurate the £150 million figure is but a rise from £110m to £150m over the last 3 years probably does sound plausible.
I always thought it was going to be a hard sell for Sinn Féin to get the extra £33 million but at £150 million.....Christ!

Receiving £62.5 million in government funding and going back and asking for an extra £72.5 million..... you'd expect to get laughed out of the place.

I'd say if anything it's underestimating the increases in the last 3 years. There could be issues getting that going at the minute, with additional funding needed, but the northern market is always more competitive then the southern one.

My house built 2 years ago is now being built(exact same house) at 21% the price, the developer is saying most of this is down to materials. Casement has been an unforgivable shambles

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 07, 2022, 11:14:57 AM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on June 07, 2022, 11:03:29 AM

My house built 2 years ago is now being built(exact same house) at 21% the price, the developer is saying most of this is down to materials. Casement has been an unforgivable shambles

Courtesy of the Ulster Council.

The bastards want to hang their heads in shame the way they have mismanaged this project.

If anything, there should have been a new stand built on the site of the existing stand and the terraces revamped with the Owenvarragh terrace covered.

A 34,000 capacity stadium in West Belfast is a stupid notion FFS.

clarshack

Agree, Healy Park especially is soulless.
It's a pity O'Neill Park in Dungannon was never revamped to be able to hold inter county games in the modern era as I can remember it being a fortress for Tyrone at one stage.

marty34

Was Dunsilly planned before the Casement mess or because of it?

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on June 07, 2022, 11:57:26 AM
Was Dunsilly planned before the Casement mess or because of it?

Not comparable projects IMO.

One is Antrims own training facility and would have been needed either way, the other is the Ulster Councils statement build in Belfast