Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: rrhf on February 16, 2022, 03:54:44 PM
Dungannon...

Do me, absolutely amazing how we are hearing from SF and GAA fat cats that "GAA people" want Casement. No we dont

rosnarun

Its a crazy Idea that the GAA share esp with soccer.
with the massive increase in Ladies football the biggest issue facing the GAA as a whole and at club level is to get the facilities  to allow for the growth.
Soccer head are far too busy ripping off their own sport to bother with developing Grounds for themselves .

The only half decent soccer grounds are the result of Windfall from selling their pitches for stupid money in return for excellent out of the way facilities. ut as they play on tiny pitches they are useless anyway.
as Shamrock rovers ensured in getting their gift from from John o donoghue  .
and now as the cops clamp down on cigarette smuggling Shelbourne have to move out of the the Dublin councils tolka park (which they tried to illegally sell) and get a similar gift in dalymount
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 16, 2022, 04:00:18 PM
Dungannon...

Do me, absolutely amazing how we are hearing from SF and GAA fat cats that "GAA people" want Casement. No we dont

And not a decent hotel for miles unless you include Arlene's gaff..   ;)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on February 16, 2022, 05:09:56 PM
Dungannon...

A hotel for Ulster championship? Hardly at forefront of most Ulster fans minds.
Are we suggesting it gets used for more than that?. Hurling league possibly pull a crowd , surely all the big crowds be at other county grounds. Antrim have poor support in football. Big crowds will be in Armagh, Derry, Tyrone , Donegal , Monagjhan , Cavan and Down . Tbh we have worst crowds after Antrim

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 16, 2022, 05:51:52 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 16, 2022, 05:09:56 PM
Dungannon...

A hotel for Ulster championship? Hardly at forefront of most Ulster fans minds.
Are we suggesting it gets used for more than that?. Hurling league possibly pull a crowd , surely all the big crowds be at other county grounds. Antrim have poor support in football. Big crowds will be in Armagh, Derry, Tyrone , Donegal , Monagjhan , Cavan and Down . Tbh we have worst crowds after Antrim

You'd have to hope for some sort of uplift in Antrim football. If they could get themselves into some sort of shape there would be a comfortable stadium if people did want to support them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Solo_run

Could they not change some of those grey panels for something a bit more...saffron

general_lee

imtommygunn

From an antrim perspective I want it. From a GAA perspective I am not sure it's needed but I would like it for Antrim's sake.

general_lee

illdecide

100%, thats the thing that does my head in...People saying Dungannon and other venue's. Davitt Park in Lurgan is ideal for it, beside the train station and M1 as well and central of all Ulster but unfortunately that's not where it's going...It's for Casement Park in Belfast and no where else so no point shouting out other venue's.

It's a shame that Antrim football and Hurling don't have a proper County ground and it needs sorted. I don't know what they'll do to keep residents happy if they can reduce the attendance further to keep costs down and keep locals happy but i get the feeling no matter what they do SOME locals will never be happy. The stadium has been there long before anyone living there so I guess majority of them will accept it. I get there are a few things deeper than that argument, TBH it's went on that long now i've forgotten half the stuff that has went on...10 years ago i had great interest in the scheme because I had interest in both the Construction and design process as well as from a Health & Safety perspective but there has been that much protests, re-designs and turmoil i've lost track of it all...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Euro 2028 now likely to come, so it is Casement or nothing if Norn Iron is to be involved. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Antrim might need to be using the Stadium while that Euro soccerball thingy is on.
Croke Park will be hitting into peak usage then too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2022, 12:04:15 PM
Antrim might need to be using the Stadium while that Euro soccerball thingy is on.
Croke Park will be hitting into peak usage then too.

Are we sure Croker will be involved? You can't have 2 stadia in the one city unless one is the final venue.

JPGJOHNNYG

Looks like casement either gets magically green lit by all or poor Norn Iron 'host' the euros with no stadium ;D

Baile Brigín 2