Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Casement aside, what is GAA HQ doing to promote GAA in Ireland's second city?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: haranguerer on August 27, 2018, 03:24:41 PM
Thought Ryan Feeney was to sort the whole thing out??  :o
He's at QUB now. Seems to be a PR puff merchant.

quidnunc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 27, 2018, 07:37:52 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 27, 2018, 03:24:41 PM
Thought Ryan Feeney was to sort the whole thing out??  :o
He's at QUB now. Seems to be a PR puff merchant.

One of the most puffed up self-promoters of our age...

Did you see the wee prat and his wife presenting flowers to the Pope on TV, then telling Miriam O'Callaghan that Francie asked them to pray for him?
Just recently they got the front cover of the Irish News for their wedding, with the McAleeses, PSNI head and other worthies present. Word on the street is that apology cards were read out from Bertie Ahern, Leo Varadkar and Hilary Clinton. Seriously. Like who invites Varadkar and Clinton to their wedding?

Thanks to Hardstation for reminding us of Feeney's central role in the Casement fiasco. How has this pathetic social climber retained credibility? God help Queen's...

rrhf

Don't personalise it. Remember there was many people who wanted the stadium built and there were many people who didn't want the stadium built. The people who didn't want the stadium built have won... simple as.

rrhf

Wasn't me who brought him up. I'd rather forget about the part he played in this.
[/quote]
Quidnunc - a man of your education should be above this type of attack. As hardstation says he didn't bring him into it, you did sir, so sounds like you have a axe to grind on someone who done his job under the management of the  Ulster council gaa which included some great leaders of the Gaa and lifelong servants  whom I'm sure you knew firsthand and claim to have respect for. As for the despicable quips on the wedding,  people send best wishes at weddings whether invited or not. Terrible personal attack. 

NAG1

Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2018, 10:17:00 AM

Wasn't me who brought him up. I'd rather forget about the part he played in this.
Quidnunc - a man of your education should be above this type of attack. As hardstation says he didn't bring him into it, you did sir, so sounds like you have a axe to grind on someone who done his job under the management of the  Ulster council gaa which included some great leaders of the Gaa and lifelong servants  whom I'm sure you knew firsthand and claim to have respect for. As for the despicable quips on the wedding,  people send best wishes at weddings whether invited or not. Terrible personal attack.
[/quote]

Anyone know why he is no longer working for Ulster GAA?

rrhf

Id imagine a much better job opportunity.  Moved on to a new challenge about 3 years ago like many people do in life. In any organisation strategy comes from the top..!i don't care who delivers it but this needs to happen. and the top of Ulster gaa needs to sit down with the top of Antrim Gaa and come up with something to help Antrim county teams have a ground for the next 3 years. A few hundred k would tidy it up. Probably still be a better ground than Navan. I would have no doubt that Everyone wants that to be resolved. Resolve it now.

Jinxy

Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2018, 11:33:30 AM
Id imagine a much better job opportunity.  Moved on to a new challenge about 3 years ago like many people do in life. In any organisation strategy comes from the top..!i don't care who delivers it but this needs to happen. and the top of Ulster gaa needs to sit down with the top of Antrim Gaa and come up with something to help Antrim county teams have a ground for the next 3 years. A few hundred k would tidy it up. Probably still be a better ground than Navan. I would have no doubt that Everyone wants that to be resolved. Resolve it now.

I wouldn't expect a Tyrone man to appreciate the character of PT.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnnycool

Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2018, 08:11:12 AM
Don't personalise it. Remember there was many people who wanted the stadium built and there were many people who didn't want the stadium built. The people who didn't want the stadium built have won... simple as.

Who were they, the health and safety expert whose report was being ignored?

rrhf

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2018, 11:40:05 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2018, 11:33:30 AM

I wouldn't expect a Tyrone man to appreciate the character of PT.
We love going there and tayto park as well. There's a lot more to Meath than football in my eyes..

rrhf

Quote from: johnnycool on August 28, 2018, 11:40:56 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2018, 08:11:12 AM

Who were they, the health and safety expert whose report was being ignored?
Surely as we are talking about it this week and not 4 years ago, It is more important to get Antrim playing on it next Spring. Will stormont  be back pre brexit - highly unlikely. Can something be done in the meantime, some are saying yes. Let's do what we can do with all currently involved sides and stop chasing the past.