Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Flatten the place and put houses on it and give the money to the other side of the fence.

Dougal Maguire

Yup, that's what they really want so that they can then wallow in self pity
Careful now

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 29, 2016, 03:22:40 PM
Dougal you have very strongly held opinions for someone who'll be in the place a couple of times a year. The residents will see it every day.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2016, 03:27:09 PM
Dougal you have very strongly held opinions for someone who'll be in the place a couple of times a year. The residents will see it every day.

And it is a better looking thing than the old Casement and with the reduced capacity/terracing probably not excessively high.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2016, 03:27:09 PM
I appreciate that but it seems their current gripe is not about the size of the place but rather about spectator safety which is not really their responsibility. Seems that regardless of what GAA does residents won't be happy. I accept they have rights, but so too does the GAA and in fairness they were probably in the area much longer than a lot if the residents
Careful now

imtommygunn

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on October 29, 2016, 07:56:32 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 29, 2016, 07:51:38 PM
Is Bobby Storey part of MORA?
Not sure. He lives in Owenvarragh though.

Just wondering as SF and their associated pressure groups are pushing it so hard
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bannside

I see this from various angles.
As a very proud Antrim man I see the numerous benefits. They are obvious. I know it's a vanity project for Ulster,and one that will match any stadia on Western Europe, a fantastic showpiece and all that...but as it's ring fenced for a Gaa stadium in West Belfast...and nowhere else...its kinda imperative that Antrim get a great deal outa this. After that it's plain enough sailing.

ONeill

Quote from: bannside on October 30, 2016, 12:59:12 AM
I see this from various angles.
As a very proud Antrim man I see the numerous benefits. They are obvious. I know it's a vanity project for Ulster,and one that will match any stadia on Western Europe, a fantastic showpiece and all that...but as it's ring fenced for a Gaa stadium in West Belfast...and nowhere else...its kinda imperative that Antrim get a great deal outa this. After that it's plain enough sailing.

And shit on the local residents?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

Or for those of a really slow disposition....let's say we sell Casement to Tescos for 3 million and build an Owenbeg/Garvaghy for half the price. 

Now you see the magnitude of the project.

And where previous Antrim executives might have said " Wao"  the new Saffron Vision" elect realise the value of their asset which can be measured in £m's. They want a good and fair deal for Antrim. Which is their mandate.

This will go back to the Antrim clubs delegates for a final green light...and whilst it's unbelievably attractive....and a major architectural masterpiece....Antrim need to feel a bit more of the ownership. That's my position on it.

Tony Baloney

Fair points Bannside. I think it's still too big by probably 5-7k but lads like McGeehan etc. can probably see themselves in a box at the new place slapping each other on the back, having a few drinks and watching a Robbie Williams concert. I'm not sure the wants and needs of Antrim gaels, never mind the local residents, even makes the top 5 of the things motivating them to get it built. Too much vanity and little sanity at present. To be fair though the latest design  looks class. If it could be shrank a little it would be the dogs.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Is the rugby World Cup coming to Ireland predicated on this stadium being ready or is that just a myth ?.

How many concerts a year are planned ?.

Is the ulster final definitely being moved to Casememt from now on instead of Clones ?.

Sorry for all the questions. They probably have been answered a few times already.

Orior

I know a few ex Owenvarragh residents who now live in Carryduff.

Told them that if they still lived in Owenvarragh and were part of the residents groups then I would take great pleasure inflicting slow and painful physical violence on them.

The residents groups are just negotiating for a better deal.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians