Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

MoChara

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 26, 2016, 09:46:39 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 26, 2016, 09:26:08 AM

The concourse will improve circulation/evacuation. The plan seems to show a new exit onto Owenvarragh and the GAA looks like they have bought the waste ground that opens onto stockmans lane. Apart from the exit down near the roundabout at kennedyway/M1 all paths ultimately lead to Andersonstown Road. This is not ideal but I guess in an emergency situation (fire etc) there are enough side streets now that can be accessed for spectators to move to. I am surprised they havent strategically bought houses to provide more exits to evacuate the stadium more quickly as this seemed to be one of the main issues with the original design or even bought a couple of houses to allow access to the leisure centre for extra flow in an emergency situation

I never realised there was such room for parking facilities around the stadium. I assume those are adjacent to the M1 side?

Maybe I picked up wrong but are the parking facilities within the grounds not gogin to be only for Players officials etc?

general_lee

Is any Antrim Gael actually positive about the new casement?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

Parking?
Where do ye leave the car when ye go to Croke Park?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2016, 12:56:07 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 26, 2016, 12:41:26 PM
Parking?
Where do ye leave the car when ye go to Croke Park?
Maynooth ,15 miles away.

That's crazy, 10 mins walk away every time.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 26, 2016, 08:49:34 AM
What exactly are the consequences for Antrim. And what do ye mean by an Ulster Council pitch?
Maybe im naïve here but is it not a good thing that the province will be getting a first class stadium?

I agree. People will never be pleased ffs.

ONeill

Are more people playing GAA in the country now than there were 10 years ago?

theskull1

Quote from: JimStynes on October 26, 2016, 10:06:09 PM
I agree. People will never be pleased ffs.

Just ridicule dissenting voices rather than address any arguments they make.

#JimStynes4Casement
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Redhand Santa

Just seems to be one random excuse after another for some people to be against it. Casement park always held nearly 30000 and was used by Antrim and for club games. So I'm not sure what difference this stadium is going to make in terms of atmosphere to what was there. At least the supporters will be covered and in a bit of comfort.

Minder

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 26, 2016, 10:17:58 PM
Just seems to be one random excuse after another for some people to be against it. Casement park always held nearly 30000 and was used by Antrim and for club games. So I'm not sure what difference this stadium is going to make in terms of atmosphere to what was there. At least the supporters will be covered and in a bit of comfort.

Yeah that's when it was the property of Antrim
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 26, 2016, 10:17:58 PM

The old Casement was easy to maintain. Turn on a lightbulb in the new one and you're out a fortune unless 10'000 turn up.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: theskull1 on October 26, 2016, 11:58:46 AM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 26, 2016, 08:49:34 AM
What exactly are the consequences for Antrim. And what do ye mean by an Ulster Council pitch?
Maybe im naïve here but is it not a good thing that the province will be getting a first class stadium?

From Ulster footballs perspective, its great (I suppose ... although I'm not convinced that its a big deal) they will have a first class stadium to hold big matches. Thats what it is being designed for.
From Antrims perspective, the size of the stadium will be too big for their support base and I fully expect a poor atmosphere for club championship and national league matches, that will do nothing for the promotion of the game IMO.

If Antrim get promoted a few divisions to Div 1 then league attendances will increase.

Would agree with the club games. Taking my own County as an example, the quarter finals onwards have hardly any atmosphere due to them all in MacHale Park.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.