Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babarino

Re funding - not all is coming from Stormont.

A sizeable chunk, is to come from GAA HQ. This money is conditional on the development reaching a certain capacity - which the revised plans, reduced to 34,500, do easily. It's not a coincidence that this figure is greater than the current capacity of Clones.

JoG2

IF the Ulster Final is moved to Casement down the line,  would it not mean the GAA being hit with a fair old tax bill from gate receipts?

manfromdelmonte

Jinxy

I'm assuming it will contain a modern, health & safety compliant grass bank at one end.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

armaghniac

Quote from: Jinxy on October 24, 2016, 09:10:30 PM
I'm assuming it will contain a modern, health & safety compliant grass bank at one end.

There will be a demountable grass bank for when Meath come. The sprinkler system in the roof will water this grass,  and when the Meathies lose the run of themselves.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

If Pairc Tailteann is ever redeveloped I wonder what you'd have to spend on it. I reckon we wouldn't need more than a 25,000 capacity ground. Cork are spending €70m on a 50,000 seater. Nothing like that kind of money isn't really floating around these days. I suppose we're lucky to have Dunganny.

Given the way the floodlights were handled if it ever happens it needs to be taken out of the county boards hands completely.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Trap on October 24, 2016, 01:39:42 PM
CASEMENT PARK = WASTE OF MONEY

DO WE REALLY NEED A NEW STADIUM?

IF WE DO WHY NOT BUILD IT IN CENTRAL ULSTER?

If we do why not build it in central Ulster!!

Cause it's Casement and nowhere else ffs?? Where have you been??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 24, 2016, 11:16:49 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 24, 2016, 09:13:21 PM
Clones will always be the spiritual home of Ulster GAA.

+1

-2, the home of Ulster football you mean. I know the Ulster Council make it hard to tell the difference at times.

Walter Cronc

So far I'm really impressed with the design. The bowl is the sensible option ensuring all attendees are fully covered. Hopefully it meets the needs of the local residents and acts as a catalyst to improve the area of Andytown.!

Minder

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 25, 2016, 09:44:29 AM
So far I'm really impressed with the design. The bowl is the sensible option ensuring all attendees are fully covered. Hopefully it meets the needs of the local residents and acts as a catalyst to improve the area of Andytown.!

Whats wrong with Andytown? It's not exactly Divis
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"