Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

I would focus on exit point from it its only 1, in event of fire within the grounds the crowd would never be evacuated safely

Wildweasel74

Oh that been the same last night among the young ones, dont know how half them get out the door!!

JPGJOHNNYG

New plans I think go public tomorrow. Any chance of a 60000  triple tier bowl  ;)

OgraAnDun

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 23, 2016, 06:22:09 PM
New plans I think go public tomorrow. Any chance of a 60000  triple tier bowl  ;)

Hopefully not, better off with 30,000 and a roof.

The Trap

CASEMENT PARK = WASTE OF MONEY

DO WE REALLY NEED A NEW STADIUM?

IF WE DO WHY NOT BUILD IT IN CENTRAL ULSTER?

Jeepers Creepers

Nice to see the roof the whole way around now. Was this not rejected by the locals facing in the original plans?

armaghniac

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 24, 2016, 03:41:09 PM
Nice to see the roof the whole way around now. Was this not rejected by the locals facing in the original plans?

There is a talk of some terracing, so the roof probably isn't as high.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maroon Manc

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: five points on October 24, 2016, 04:11:06 PM

34,500 at Down v Antrim, neither playing with a goalie.

Jarlath Burn's next idea to spice up the games will be to do away with goalies.

Looks a nice stadium, if it is terracing behind both goals it will provide an excellent atmosphere. The cost seems a little high by GAA standards but about right by modern stadium costs. Hopefully it goes through.

Applesisapples

Quote from: The Trap on October 24, 2016, 01:39:42 PM
CASEMENT PARK = WASTE OF MONEY

DO WE REALLY NEED A NEW STADIUM?

IF WE DO WHY NOT BUILD IT IN CENTRAL ULSTER?
It is money from Stormont, if not used for this then it would probably go towards flutes and drums.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 24, 2016, 04:54:03 PM
How much are the GAA putting towards it?

£62m is ring fenced from Stormont so whatever the overspend on that is. Shouldn't be much more than €20m which would be great in comparison to the mess down in Cork.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on October 24, 2016, 06:12:58 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 24, 2016, 04:54:03 PM
How much are the GAA putting towards it?

£62m is ring fenced from Stormont so whatever the overspend on that is. Shouldn't be much more than €20m which would be great in comparison to the mess down in Cork.

Will the money from the GAA be expected to be paid back?

I've seen a few different pictures, some with a roof to 2 sides, some to 3 sides and some with it fully covered; Which is the correct one?
They appear to be getting a better stadium then they are down in Cork for a similar spend.