Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2016, 06:56:32 PM
Casement park in a shocking state.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/the-most-recent-images-of-antrims-once-hallowed-casement-park-are-depressing/92086

Are you sure that's Casement? It looks awful similar to the artist's impression of what the Hyde will look like after the renovations there

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jeepers Creepers

You only need to cut the grass to bring it back to its former glory. All else looks the same.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 23, 2016, 09:09:30 PM
You only need to cut the grass to bring it back to its former glory. All else looks the same.
It's former glory was one of the best playing surfaces around. I suppose the weeds in terrace are something they should keep?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

Get the silage trailer in, 2 good cuts and a bit of weeding in the stands, u could play on it next week, believe me i played on worse with sheep grazing down at the 14m line one day!!

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2016, 11:37:31 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 23, 2016, 08:51:26 PM

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/the-most-recent-images-of-antrims-once-hallowed-casement-park-are-depressing/92086

Whatever about the project in general, it was very very unwise to abandon the ground entirely before they were ready to go. Shame.
Not if you're pocketing the dough from the scrap metal & wood you had torn out of the ground.

Presumably the "dough" went to those who owned it, you might get something for metal, scrap wood is feck all use except to fleggers having a bonfire.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

Whatever about the project in general, it was very very unwise to abandon the ground entirely before they were ready to go. Shame.
Not if you're pocketing the dough from the scrap metal & wood you had torn out of the ground.

Why'd they not sell the floodlights?

illdecide

Quote from: johnneycool on August 24, 2016, 11:36:54 AM

Why'd they not sell the floodlights?

Can only assume they were adequate for the new proposed ground, afterall they're not that old. Sad sate that looking in but i've no doubt that new proposed ground will be built within the next 3 years (at least started).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Jinxy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2016, 09:38:43 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 23, 2016, 09:09:30 PM
It's former glory was one of the best playing surfaces around. I suppose the weeds in terrace are something they should keep?

I kind of like the way it looks now.
It has character.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

On this issue about evacuating the stadium, whats the time of all people to be evacuated>?? I was at the boucher road last night at the peppers, and there is serious problems with the crowd coming out to one access point, way worst that Casement park but there seems to be no issue here issuing a license. A bomb scare at this place during a concert would be a total mess, take more than 30 mins plus to clear the crowd.. one rule for another it seems

snoopdog

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 26, 2016, 07:33:41 PM
On this issue about evacuating the stadium, whats the time of all people to be evacuated>?? I was at the boucher road last night at the peppers, and there is serious problems with the crowd coming out to one access point, way worst that Casement park but there seems to be no issue here issuing a license. A bomb scare at this place during a concert would be a total mess, take more than 30 mins plus to clear the crowd.. one rule for another it seems
Is boucher not open playing fields? So no real fire risk etc. Prob why it gets passed for a 1 off every year.