Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

armaghniac

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 03, 2016, 11:47:03 PM

Her incompetence continues to break new ground

Indeed, even greater incompetence is the only new ground here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

Dear lord, as much as Antrim CB (2015 version) and the Ulster Council have proven at some stage in this process to have been abjectly useless, I think Carál has taken it to a whole new level and has probably signed the death knell on this project.

Maybe not a bad thing, Antrim CB need to get the deeds back out of Armagh and get Casement up and running in some form which may benefit them short and long term.

Walter Cronc

What's the latest here? Will a new design be launched in 2016?

bannside

What happened at Stormont yesterday was just another typical day at the office in NI politics. Lets be honest there are many up there who detest GAA and the proud Irish cultural heritage it represents.

Yesterday they tried to make Caral take an oath. She refused on the grounds that either everyone in the investigation does so, or no one does. Do you not back her stance on this as a matter of principle?

There will be some individuals looking to make cheap political capital by being seen to attempt to discredit this project or try to derail it altogether.

Two things happening not to be confused.  (1) An investigation is going on into aspects of health and safety relating to previous application. (2) The green light for£60m funding is still in place and is ringfenced.

Its now up to Ulster Gaa council who are the lead partners to come up with a stadium plan that suits (a) the budget, (b)the planners (c) local residents, (d)social club relocation etc and (e) of increasing significance, a deal that means a lot more to Antrim GAA than was on the table a few months ago before Antrim got its house in order with a committee that can now properly represent and negotiate their interests in this matter.

Thankfully the last application failed. All parties are now in a better position to get this right the second time round.

aontroim abu

the big lad from Fermanagh and our Marty need to step into this, take their respective party members out of this situation and let their nr 2's take over the Casement thing. Then we can maybe get £60m released into the economy

Applesisapples

I wouldn't be Caral's biggest fan but we Nelsy is trying his best to derail this by his less than impartial Chairing of that committee.

Tony Baloney

She is definitely an imbecile but also definitely some mischief making from the DUPers

skeog

time to abandon casement and get a greenfield site west of the bann

bannside

Come on Skeog. Keep up.

The grant is ring fenced for a GAA facility in West Belfast. That's the only option. There is no plan B. No alternative. No other venue. Sorry if that spoils a good story!

armaghniac

Quote from: bannside on March 04, 2016, 09:00:56 PM
Come on Skeog. Keep up.

The grant is ring fenced for a GAA facility in West Belfast. That's the only option. There is no plan B. No alternative. No other venue. Sorry if that spoils a good story!

Why was the money ring fenced for a particular site when that site might run into problems?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Quote from: bannside on March 04, 2016, 09:00:56 PM
Come on Skeog. Keep up.

But can we not move West Belfast to, say, Maghery?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

Lol O Neill you`re some craic!  There is only one show in town and the £60m is available for West Belfast or its gone man. Solid gone!

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on March 05, 2016, 01:53:55 AM
No, we can't. One reason for this is that the site in west Belfast is being handed over free of charge (much to my dismay).
Also, Sinn Fein want to be seen to be hand-delivering this "economic boost" to their faithful west Belfast.

I have no doubt that there is quite a bit if political skulduggery going on from certain Unionist quarters. The thing is, you don't leave yourself open to that. Caral Ní Chuilín's latest stunt doesn't strike me as an option that would be taken by somebody who wants to move this project forward as quickly as possible. It appears to me that it is political deflection from coming under the heat. It seems highly likely, at this stage, that she has told lies. If so, be big enough to admit it, if not for her own sake but for the sake of getting this project going.

Or she could have played Nelson at his own game and lied through her teeth, ala Red Sky and the Housing Executive.

Caral doesn't come across as a slick political manoeuvrer.