Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: tyroneman on July 28, 2015, 09:34:02 PM
I've been to Clones plenty and had plenty of great days out but in the cold light of day it's a sh!thole with substandard facilities for the modern era.

Yes it has history but so does Casement and many other venues.

Any stadium that is packed to the rafters or at least with 80-90% filled capacity will generate a good atmosphere.

Clones at below 60% is as lifeless as anywhere else.

+1

Clinker

Slugger O'Toole ‏@SluggerOToole  · 2 hours ago
For all you westies there is a bomb alert outside casement park. Andersonstown road is sealed off. Traffic chaos ensues...

Dan Stanton ‏@DanStantonrep  · 34 minutes ago 
There's a security alert in West Belfast. The Andersonstown Road between Casement Park and Stockman's Lane is closed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Clinker on August 04, 2015, 01:34:06 PM
For all you westies there is a bomb alert outside casement park. Andersonstown road is sealed off. Traffic chaos ensues...

Dan Stanton ‏@DanStantonrep  · 34 minutes ago 
There's a security alert in West Belfast. The Andersonstown Road between Casement Park and Stockman's Lane is closed.

They are finally going to blow it up!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maguire01

Isn't this one of those scenarios Caral Ni Chuilin couldn't envisage? How do you get 38,000 people out of Casement now?

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2015, 06:11:48 PM
Isn't this one of those scenarios Caral Ni Chuilin couldn't envisage? How do you get 38,000 people out of Casement now?

38000 people should be able to leave Casement safely from the other side. I suspect the problem here is that they want the entrance to be at Andytown road to placate the residents and this is compromising the emergency exit end of things.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2015, 06:17:15 PM

38000 people should be able to leave Casement safely from the other side. I suspect the problem here is that they want the entrance to be at Andytown road to placate the residents and this is compromising the emergency exit end of things.
What other side? Unless i'm missing something, there's a narrow pedestrian path leading down to the roundabout under the M1. How long would it take to get 38,000 people out that way in an emergency?

Milltown Row2

They'll just dander out of Casement should there be a bomb scare, more than likely phoned in by someone at the match whose team is getting a beating.... never known a bomb scare in that area during a match day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2015, 06:23:44 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2015, 06:17:15 PM

What other side? Unless i'm missing something, there's a narrow pedestrian path leading down to the roundabout under the M1. How long would it take to get 38,000 people out that way in an emergency?

This is a narrow pedestrian path at the end of a closed off street, it could be widened to the width of the street without difficulty. For instance you coould put large flower pots here which could simply be moved on the couple of days a year there was a big crowd in Casement. In addition some provision could be made for access towards Riverdale and Finaghy Road. You are right to raise these issues, but there are solutions.

Milltown Row2

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2015, 06:51:17 PM
Where do the people go at the roundabout, Armaghniac? I'm intrigued.
Exactly. Even if you can make the path to there, you can't have that number of people descending on a major junction like that.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2015, 07:02:11 PM
Exactly. Even if you can make the path to there, you can't have that number of people descending on a major junction like that.

Where do people go on Andersontown Road? Saying that you cannot have a crowd of people is simply saying that you do not want a stadium there at all. My point is simply that, with a small bit of planning, you can have a bomb threat at the front gate of Casement and everyone can get out the back gate.

omaghjoe

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2015, 07:06:56 PM

Where do people go on Andersontown Road? Saying that you cannot have a crowd of people is simply saying that you do not want a stadium there at all. My point is simply that, with a small bit of planning, you can have a bomb threat at the front gate of Casement and everyone can get out the back gate.

Who do you think you are coming up with logical solutions to potential problems?

Maguire01

I'm not saying you can't have a crowd of people, just that you can't put 38,000 people down one narrow street in 20 minutes, or straight onto a 4 lane roundabout.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2015, 07:30:04 PM

I'm not saying you can't have a crowd of people, just that you can't put 38,000 people down one narrow street in 20 minutes, or straight onto a 4 lane roundabout.

Remembering that this is just one route to be used if there is a problem elsewhere. What arrangements are made at other stadia, from Croke Park to old Trafford if there is a bomb on one side?

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2015, 08:00:36 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2015, 07:30:04 PM

Remembering that this is just one route to be used if there is a problem elsewhere. What arrangements are made at other stadia, from Croke Park to old Trafford if there is a bomb on one side?
Well Croke Park has exits on 3 sides. I've never been to Old Trafford, but on Google Maps it looks like there is no shortage of exit routes.