Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2015, 02:10:28 PM
Quote from: trileacman on July 19, 2015, 01:57:54 PM
Glad to see Casement boarded up. dour, unfriendly **** of a place.
Haha. Who made you go?
No-one. Went of my own free will. Won't be back anytime soon.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on July 19, 2015, 03:04:24 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2015, 02:10:28 PM
Quote from: trileacman on July 19, 2015, 01:57:54 PM
Glad to see Casement boarded up. dour, unfriendly **** of a place.
Haha. Who made you go?
No-one. Went of my own free will. Won't be back anytime soon.
None of us will.

armaghniac

Every cloud has a silver lining.
Clones looking well today.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

6th sam

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 19, 2015, 12:37:04 PM

In fairness HS played a blinder... He gave you enough rope to hang yourself on your original bluff when he knew all along you were spoofing.

Yes, fair play, HArdstation caught me out for having an opinion!!!

6th sam

Quote from: theskull1 on July 19, 2015, 01:49:52 PM
How many would describe themselves a provincial Gael anyway? That sounded so weird to me.

As a passionate hurling man, the thought of enduring county finals in an echoy, empty state of the art all seater stadium sends shivers through me.

We've been sold a pup all for the greater good of Ulster Gaels

I think we'll just have to agree to differ.
What is "weird" about having provincial affiliation? ...ask any Munster man their opinion on the munster final, ask any Connacht man about their Provincial loyalty( to hell or to connacht). I have cheered on Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh, Derry and , as a passionate hurling man, even Antrim in All-Ireland senior finals. In fact via the railway cup the GAA promotes provincial loyalty. I am a Gael , to me that means a club Gael , a Down Gael, an Ulster Gael ...the GAA thrives on that sense of place.
While we argue over trivialities , the tumbleweed pervades in the monstrosity that is now Casement. All I am saying, is that regardless of the difficulties up until now, the GAA has decide on the best way forward to secure and utilise the £70m.
Ps . sadly most hurling matches involving Ulster teams have been played in empty stadia for years, and that's a much bigger challenge for ulster Gaels

6th sam

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2015, 06:26:47 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on July 19, 2015, 05:57:04 PM

In fairness HS played a blinder... He gave you enough rope to hang yourself on your original bluff when he knew all along you were spoofing.

Oh, it is opinion now. I thought it was fact......

You said:
Any attempt to continue games in casement therefore would have been high risk. Failure to accept the validity of that FACT is bizarre.
I'll take the fact that you're forensically picking through my posts as a compliment. It certainly beats being called " mad,weird,spoofing,bluffing,bullshitting, liar" by yourself and other posters.lol!
At the risk of getting bogged down in semantics , can I clarify: " I (and I imagine many others) UNDERSTOOD that ONE of the reasons for upgrading casement was AROUND SAFETY concerns. Any attempt to continue games in CAsement THEREFORE would have been high risk. Failure to accept the validity of that fact (ie if that understanding was correct, safety concerns mean risk) is bizarre. At no stage did I indicate that I was speaking from a position of authority , insider knowledge or influence, therefore I can not understand the reaction. It appears there have been problems in the approach of the GAA, SportNI, DCAL as evidenced by the judicial review and subsequent fallout. Notwithstanding that , overt antagonism towards Gaels who want to see the most efficient and productive use of available funding is disappointing.

Sidney

Quote from: armaghniac on July 19, 2015, 03:22:01 PM
Ulster final day in Clones should have a preservation order attached to it.

Hurling people talk about Munster hurling final day in Thurles being special. Ulster football final day in Clones is just as special and to do away with it forever in favour of moving to a soulless flat-pack cavern in Belfast would, in my view, be an act of desecration.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sidney on July 19, 2015, 07:57:04 PM

Hurling people talk about Munster hurling final day in Thurles being special. Ulster football final day in Clones is just as special and to do away with it forever in favour of moving to a soulless flat-pack cavern in Belfast would, in my view, be an act of desecration.

That's great but your opinion on the matter means feck all really in the grand scheme of things the stadium will be built and eventually Ulster finals will be played at it.... its based on Croker so you're opinion of Croke is the same as Casements new design!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Champion The Wonder Horse

Did you attend any of the Ulster football finals in Casement?

6th sam

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2015, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on July 19, 2015, 07:44:10 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2015, 06:26:47 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on July 19, 2015, 05:57:04 PM

Oh, it is opinion now. I thought it was fact......

You said:
Any attempt to continue games in casement therefore would have been high risk. Failure to accept the validity of that FACT is bizarre.
I'll take the fact that you're forensically picking through my posts as a compliment. It certainly beats being called " mad,weird,spoofing,bluffing,bullshitting, liar" by yourself and other posters.lol!
At the risk of getting bogged down in semantics , can I clarify: " I (and I imagine many others) UNDERSTOOD that ONE of the reasons for upgrading casement was AROUND SAFETY concerns. Any attempt to continue games in CAsement THEREFORE would have been high risk. Failure to accept the validity of that fact (ie if that understanding was correct, safety concerns mean risk) is bizarre. At no stage did I indicate that I was speaking from a position of authority , insider knowledge or influence, therefore I can not understand the reaction. It appears there have been problems in the approach of the GAA, SportNI, DCAL as evidenced by the judicial review and subsequent fallout. Notwithstanding that , overt antagonism towards Gaels who want to see the most efficient and productive use of available funding is disappointing.
So, it's now what "you understood".......

This is great. Do yourself a favour FFS.
Check the original post, I always "understood."
This is obviously very emotive for you , and tbf you live close to casement , so I respect your opinion , especially given your vested interest , and your superior knowledge of the specifics. All I asked was a similar respect and a degree of reflection, Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen. I look forward to the GAA drawing down and utilising their portion of the stormont pot, to use in a way that advantages ulster Gaels most efficiently , whether that is casement or not.

Sidney

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 19, 2015, 08:30:01 PM

Did you attend any of the Ulster football finals in Casement?
I never knew you had to be 55 or over to express an opinion on this.

The area surrounding Casement has no atmosphere and nothing to recommend it for a big match.

Same as Salthill can't touch Tuam for atmosphere. At least it has the sea, though.

culchie11

Right enough writing dear john letters and get on with talking to each other and get it built!

Page 12 of the irish news for those who haven't seen it.

culchie11

So the csc have decided which location they prefer to have the new csc to be in the new casement park??

if there was that much goodwill make a joint statement as the working group promoting the new casement together.

If the working group can do what they need to do in the meantime at least it is done.

Better looking at it as for it!!

rrhf

Its important to look at everyones views whether for or against this stadium whilst we have this debate.
This man is from Dublin has a lot to say about the GAA, Croke Park and Casement.  Interesting perspective and theres other articles as well from the action group. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl5EIKgJLNU&feature=youtu.be

BluestackBoy

Agreed. I have been going to Clones for over 40 years & while it certainly isn't the last word in sophistication, the atmosphere on a big day can't be beaten.

If we move to a soulless all seater modern concrete stadium on the Falls Rd we will lose something that will be very hard to replace.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.