Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on July 10, 2015, 08:31:48 PM
The Stormont government in the 1950s put up less obstruction to the original building of Casement than the present regime and the resident were probably pro GAA then when they could remember Antrim actually winnng Ulster finals.
Only it's not the 'Stormont Government' obstructing the current development. On the contrary.

culchie11

Hardstation isn't a resident but he has a vested interest as a member of the social club. The same social club who get cheap drink due to all antrim clubs paying their annual fees to subsidise the price of a pint in it.

If anyone didn't see the letter penned to social club memerbs, all of them, go to antrim gaa website and have a look at how much money is being spent to keep them happy so to speak, absolute disgrace if u ask me. In for a penny and all that!

there are a lot of people in antrim and ulster who want this project to happen gaa and otherwise.

The minority that are opposed to it in one way or another are the residents and the social club membership or should I say the top 4 men in the social club who make the decisions. As I know there are 250 members of the social club but only 4 or 5 know everything that is going on.

The sooner new plans are submitted and the consultation process gets under way the better.

culchie11

Some of ur posts don't come across as if u want to c project moved forward.
Going by letter to sc members the ball is in their court to decide where they want sc to be situated in new project, so get together and make the decision. If it's only 4 ppl then shouldn't be hard to sort out.

I must check last years convention figures from balance sheet to see where it says income from sc!

I'm fed up with all the point scoring and squabbling, mud slinging etc
Find a common ground or come to an agreement & Just build the feckin thing and get our games back being played where they belong!

rrhf

I think you are being very lazy with the truth there hardstation.  If you and the social club support casement why is a five man committee headed by yer man o brien from castleknock, and also the Croke park handball club, who are from Dublin and  have no business in this surely except for adding to the problem still in the middle of this.  Looking in  from the outside it is it off the mark to say you and your pub are refusing to engage with the gaa and make the move into temporary premises?  Less of your bullshit and spin. 

bannside

Ok.  It's time to ask a very straight question.

How do Antrim Gaa benefit from a social club in or near or around Casement Park.  How much of the profits go towards  Antrim Gaa. Simple question. Simple answers please.

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2015, 05:14:11 PM
I thought I answered that before. Since the day Casement Social Club opened its doors to the day the GAA closed them, 100% of the profits went to Antrim GAA. On top of this, there were many sweeteners along the way. Such as getting £250,000 from Diageo for tying the social club to their products a few years back.
As far as I'm aware, when the new club is up and running, Antrim GAA will continue to receive 100% of the profits although I'd imagine that will negotiated some time in the future.

I suppose if I was an accountant I would ask about the extent of the profit margin, as a social club could be organised to largely break even with a very modest surplus for distribution.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bannside

Good to know that HS. There are plenty of people under the impression that the social club status is that of a working mens social club and that it is a separate entity from Antrim Gaa. As Culchie says it should show up on the treasurers annual report. Will look out for it. Any idea HS what kind of revenue it produced for us in recent years.

rrhf

Yeah i agree if it was near the truth it certainly would be something worth working towards and congratulations on the contributions to date.  Just one wee question but i had heard and you can correct me hardstation if I'm miss hearing things. Can ye tell me what role yer man o brien of Castle knock the head of the croke park resistance stuff in dublin has and is he really controlling the decision making of this antrim based social club committee. There is a lot of talk that he has no notion of moving them into the temporary social club and that's where the problem may lie and maybe others aren't telling you everything. Would you agree that there might be a struggle to achieve profit in the future for the good of  antrim gaa regardless of your great stories of past fundraising endeavours with this character o brien involved. Why is he involved?

bannside

Thanks for that HS. Things a good bit clearer now and relief that Antrim Gaa still main beneficiary.

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on July 17, 2015, 09:48:12 PM
Dreadful. Question is, why are we not playing games there right up until they're about to start building?

"Here, lads, I hear we're getting £70 million to redevelop this place. Sure we'll just close it up tonight then, aye?"

"Aye but make sure you strip the place for every bit of scrap you can get."
Idiots.

This is indeed a valid question, every other GAA development had games right up to the end. Even if some small dismantling works took place the ground could have been retained for Antrim games etc.

orangeman

Quote from: armaghniac on July 17, 2015, 10:26:10 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 17, 2015, 09:48:12 PM
Dreadful. Question is, why are we not playing games there right up until they're about to start building?

"Here, lads, I hear we're getting £70 million to redevelop this place. Sure we'll just close it up tonight then, aye?"

"Aye but make sure you strip the place for every bit of scrap you can get."
Idiots.

This is indeed a valid question, every other GAA development had games right up to the end. Even if some small dismantling works took place the ground could have been retained for Antrim games etc.

Was this not because the tender had been awarded and the contractor had started to work on demolitions etc and then the notice to stop came ?.

6th sam

Quote from: hardstation on July 17, 2015, 10:34:41 PM
As far as I can see, the only work carried out was Antrim GAA scrapping every bit of wood and metal they could. I don't think Heron Buckingham have lifted a finger yet.

While I totally appreciate residents concerns and the position of social club members, I have two questions for you, hard station.
1. For a man consumed with the safety risks in a brand new casement, and having aggressively articulated your perception that the ulster council and Antrim GAA are grossly incompetent , how on earth can u justify suggesting that the GAA continue to host games in an already rundown casement, which would also be a building site???
2. Surely given your concerns re aesthetics and the environment in a brand new casement, how can u criticise the GAA for recycling the old stadium???

With due respect HArdstation surely it's time for you to reflect on your overtly partisan approach, as you are rapidly losing credibility and thereby jeopardising the credibility of the very legitimate concerns re safety, and impact on residents

Over the Bar

In the opinion of Many players,  Casement was the best playing surface in Ulster so it's a real shame to see it in its present state.    I can't understand why Antrim GAA didn't sell off the turf to fans  as they could have made a fortune on that alone.

armaghniac

Quote from: 6th sam on July 18, 2015, 08:44:01 AM
While I totally appreciate residents concerns and the position of social club members, I have two questions for you, hard station.
1. For a man consumed with the safety risks in a brand new casement, and having aggressively articulated your perception that the ulster council and Antrim GAA are grossly incompetent , how on earth can u justify suggesting that the GAA continue to host games in an already rundown casement, which would also be a building site???

Croke Park was used throughout its reconstuction.

Quote from: 6th sam2. Surely given your concerns re aesthetics and the environment in a brand new casement, how can u criticise the GAA for recycling the old stadium???

In fairness to Hardstation, I doubt if he  is criticising recycling, only the recycling of the old stadium before they were ready to build the new one.