Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: hardstation on July 09, 2015, 05:43:16 PM
The community based organisation who should be given the benefit of the doubt and trusted by the local community. Aye, fcukin dead on.
Regardless of the locals position can you not see this for what many see it as. Very unlikely bedfellows you lot  would make. My enemies enemy is my friend...

armaghniac

Public authorities in this case are very good at identifying objections, but not so good at identifying solutions for what is a public amenity paid out of the public purse. There is a definite touch of the jobsworth, if not political obstruction .
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rrhf

The other two grounds have been built with minimum fuss and rightfully so.  The benefits are deemed to outweigh the negatives.   Poor old GAA is right.  They were the first to put their hands up for the maze to share and include facilities, but the age old murky yesterfolk of  NI are raising their game.  Best stadium designer in the world, GAA, PSNI are all wrong.  No No No is alive and well. 

rrhf

Clinker

Representatives from the police and ambulance service also highlighted concerns about emergency evacuation arrangements.

Here

rrhf

Yes they probably should have been paid off by a fixer at the start...

rrhf

parttimeexile

The whole project stinks. There is no appetite from anyone except the GAA to have the stadium so why are they pushing it so much. I do not believe there are many fans who want casemount to be rebuilt either. I hope the whole things gets canned!!

rrhf

Quote from: parttimeexile on July 10, 2015, 07:21:47 AM
The whole project stinks. There is no appetite from anyone except the GAA to have the stadium so why are they pushing it so much. I do not believe there are many fans who want casemount to be rebuilt either. I hope the whole things gets canned!!
And the survey says....

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on July 09, 2015, 11:40:26 PM
The residents are anti-GAA.
The STG are anti-GAA.
The enquiry team are anti-GAA.

All along, anybody or group who have raised concerns about the GAA's proposed plan for the redevelopment of Casement Park has simply been dismissed as anti-GAA. Forget the legitimacy of their concern, they're anti-GAA. A tad pathetic really.

But like, if your anti -SF you are a dissident.

Anyways, this is not anti -GAA. GAA has become the bully boys here and they have been caught out. End of it.

Minder

Quote from: Hereiam on July 07, 2015, 05:24:09 PM
Them'uns  don't want us to have a state of the art stadium in which to play our beautiful sport so they are making it as difficult as possible by throwing every hurdle in its way. One name "Nelson McCausland" Don't need to say anymore.

That's nonsense
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

LeoMc

Quote from: Clinker on July 09, 2015, 11:22:13 PM
Representatives from the police and ambulance service also highlighted concerns about emergency evacuation arrangements.

Here

It will be interesting to see how far Feeney takes his threat to go to his Solicitors.

Maguire01

Quote from: rrhf on July 09, 2015, 10:11:34 PM
The other two grounds have been built with minimum fuss and rightfully so.  The benefits are deemed to outweigh the negatives.   Poor old GAA is right.  They were the first to put their hands up for the maze to share and include facilities, but the age old murky yesterfolk of  NI are raising their game.  Best stadium designer in the world, GAA, PSNI are all wrong.  No No No is alive and well.
Wise up. If you can't see the obvious problems with the current proposals it can only be because you don't want to.

armaghniac

The Stormont government in the 1950s put up less obstruction to the original building of Casement than the present regime and the resident were probably pro GAA then when they could remember Antrim actually winnng Ulster finals.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Applesisapples

Quote from: hardstation on July 09, 2015, 01:48:21 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 08, 2015, 04:17:41 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 07, 2015, 07:31:00 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on July 07, 2015, 05:24:09 PM
Them'uns  don't want us to have a state of the art stadium in which to play our beautiful sport so they are making it as difficult as possible by throwing every hurdle in its way. One name "Nelson McCausland" Don't need to say anymore.
Take the tinfoil hat off and tell us how it is Nelson's fault that Carol is useless and hoped she could ride roughshod over due process and the concerns of the residents.
Nelsy might have had a point had he not endorsed the 40,000 seater as minister. Carol is as crap as Nelsy. The Kaffilicks have only their own to blame for the mess, Residents/Mark H/Carol.
No blame on the GAA, I see.....
Yeah add them in as well, Antrim Co Board also.