Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

It really is unbelievable that planning permission was actually granted for this and if it wasn't for the residents' opposition...

armaghniac

The stadium is there already, they were only renovating it, FFS.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Nigel White

Quote from: hardstation on May 30, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 30, 2015, 09:16:05 AM
It really is unbelievable that planning permission was actually granted for this and if it wasn't for the residents' opposition...
True. Even worse, there are still people who wish the GAA had have got building the stadium they proposed and curse the residents for objecting to it. Headers.

armaghniac

It is just as well this will never be built as everyone is proposing to abolish the provincial championships.

snatter

A floor capacity of 30k has been set for any viable development of Casement

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/ni/?id=2015-06-01.4.53

Carál Ní Chuilín 1st June 2015:

"I anticipate the Ulster Council bringing forward a planning application in the autumn. They will use the summer to consult. They will consult widely and ensure that the comments that were made by Justice Horner in December of last year are fed into that consultation.

I agree that there needs to be a capacity of at least 30,000, not only to meet the conditions and criteria of the business case but to attract other events that were laid out in the business case and as part of the consultation.

It would be an absolute tragedy if people decided to set their face against something, but they need to have an opportunity to talk about the difficulties that they have around planning. I hope that the 12-week consultation process will be an opportunity for people to do that."

Clinker

An assembly committee has been told the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure (DCAL) was warned of safety risks in the Casement Park project over a series of months and years.

The DCAL committee is holding another hearing as part of its inquiry into the GAA stadium project.

On Thursday, a Sport NI official said the department was told of concerns.

'Panic and crushing'

Among those giving evidence on Wednesday were Sport NI's Andrew Sloan and Nick Harkness.

Mr Harkness said communication between Sport NI and DCAL since March 2013 warned of a "potential for risk".

He said the documents illustrated that the "risk of potential panic or crushing and the need for the provision of additional emergency exiting" were "all communicated over a series of months and years".

He said this included the deputy and permanent secretary of the department being told.

Mr Harkness said concerns about emergency exiting were brought to the attention of officials.

"I cannot think of words that would express more seriously a concern around emergency exiting other than the words panic and crushing," he said.

Mr Harkness said at a meeting on 13 February 2014 "there was confirmation and acceptance from DCAL officials that there was an issue around emergency exiting".

"It was reassuring that the advice we had given was in fact understood," he said.

He later said that recommendations by the Safety Technical Group "in terms of measures to provide sufficient emergency exiting" were not reflected in the stadium design at the pre-planning stage.

He said this was in contrast to Windsor Park football stadium in Belfast.

[Here]

Maguire01

Quote from: snatter on June 03, 2015, 04:58:22 PM

"I anticipate the Ulster Council bringing forward a planning application in the autumn. They will use the summer to consult. They will consult widely and ensure that the comments that were made by Justice Horner in December of last year are fed into that consultation.

I agree that there needs to be a capacity of at least 30,000, not only to meet the conditions and criteria of the business case but to attract other events that were laid out in the business case and as part of the consultation.

It would be an absolute tragedy if people decided to set their face against something, but they need to have an opportunity to talk about the difficulties that they have around planning. I hope that the 12-week consultation process will be an opportunity for people to do that."
So at best, it's likely to be the second biggest ground in Ulster.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 04, 2015, 07:57:36 PM

They should build a large prefab stand and then dismantle it when the money is paid out and bring it to Clones.

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2015, 09:00:16 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 04, 2015, 08:49:30 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 04, 2015, 07:57:36 PM

They should build a large prefab stand and then dismantle it when the money is paid out and bring it to Clones.
The Armaghniac list of "They should....." regarding the Casement Park site is endless.

If yous would just build the thing I'd stop.

armaghniac

Walter Cronc

See the executive lost £53 million for the police training college in Cookstown over lengthy delays.

I wonder could same happen Casement.

LeoMc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 05, 2015, 07:06:00 AM
See the executive lost £53 million for the police training college in Cookstown over lengthy delays.

I wonder could same happen Casement.

Stick the new pitch in Cookstown shur.

theskull1

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=4474

The Sports Minister Carál Ní Chuilín will be available on Thursday 25th June at 6.30pm in the Belfast City Hall, to give a briefing on the latest regarding the redevelopment of Casement Park. The Minister will also cover recent developments around the proposed safety of the stadium.
The redevelopment of Casement Park will not only be a great boost to local Gaels and Antrim GAA but will also act as a catalyst for local employment opportunities and businesses.
Casement Park is Antrim's County ground and it's important that all of our clubs are present to hear what our Public representatives have to say. Please ensure that your club is represented... could I ask that those attending wear their club colours (polo shirt / jacket)

I think Noam Chompsky calls it engineering consent.  :-\

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

armaghniac

Quote from: theskull1 on June 24, 2015, 11:09:21 PM
http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=4474

The Sports Minister Carál Ní Chuilín will be available on Thursday 25th June at 6.30pm in the Belfast City Hall, to give a briefing on the latest regarding the redevelopment of Casement Park. The Minister will also cover recent developments around the proposed safety of the stadium.
The redevelopment of Casement Park will not only be a great boost to local Gaels and Antrim GAA but will also act as a catalyst for local employment opportunities and businesses.
Casement Park is Antrim's County ground and it's important that all of our clubs are present to hear what our Public representatives have to say. Please ensure that your club is represented... could I ask that those attending wear their club colours (polo shirt / jacket)

I think Noam Chompsky calls it engineering consent.  :-\

Lets hope they have matching polo shirts.