Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2015, 11:50:52 PM
All a bit crazy now. Seems that everyone was doing their bit to get The Stadium of Death built. Casement Black Diaries indeed.

Makes you wonder:
a) Had the residents not fought their corner, this stadium would be near built by now. Yikes!!
b) What other projects are being pushed through by such shysters whereby public safety is compromised?

Worrying.

That's the bit that gets me, all these other bolloxes are now coming out and covering their holes, Paul Scott, Antoinette McKeown, our representatives, the Ulster Council and the bould CarĂ¡l who doesn't seem to know her arse from her elbow, yet safety concerns were being brushed under the carpet to get the thing built.

I find it hard to believe that the Ulster Council Reps didn't know all along about these concerns and they really should be taken to task for it.

snatter

Moving on....if Belfast really wants the economic benefits that a 40k stadium brings, it has to stump up a site.

My favourite is Musgrave Park, any other possible sites?

If Belfast doesn't want it, take it to Dungannon / Armagh / Antrim town, or whoever offers the best package.

Any thoughts?

Jeepers Creepers

Snatter , do you live facing Musgrave and looking free tickets into all events?

snatter

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 13, 2015, 02:00:46 PM
Snatter , do you live facing Musgrave and looking free tickets into all events?

Nope, its just the best one I can think of.
Have you/anybody else any serious ideas?

If we're to spend this money, we need to come up with a viable plan B pretty pronto before some excuse is made to claw the money back.
Leaving us in the sadly predictable situation where the OWC and rugger crowds get what they want and we get short changed.

Walter Cronc

Snatter does it have to be in the Greater Belfast Area?

I'd imagine the cost of a site within Musgrave Park would be much greater than say Armagh/Portadown/Dungannon direction.

As the stadium is being built for concerts and not just GAA I'd assume Belfast is the preferred option.

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 13, 2015, 04:52:37 PM
Snatter does it have to be in the Greater Belfast Area?

I'd imagine the cost of a site within Musgrave Park would be much greater than say Armagh/Portadown/Dungannon direction.

As the stadium is being built for concerts and not just GAA I'd assume Belfast is the preferred option.

If its built in Dungannon at least Nathan Carter would be guaranteed to fill it once a year!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

illdecide

What part of "the money is for Casement Park only" do you not understand. It's Casement or nothing....No Lurgan, Portadown, Dungannon, Armagh or fecking Musgrave.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

culchie11

Good to see that GAA officials have now spoken on the subject & cleared up any doubt about planning permission & safety certificate being one & the same thing!!

some scaremongering done on here by some with hidden agendas i would think!

glad to see that it has all been straightened out in todays irish news!!

and as illdecide says, it is casement or nowhere - i heard a whimper that the stadium plans to be re-submitted will be a slightly smaller size than the preious one, possibly 32k seater. but sure someone will find fault with that also & run to the media with a complaint.

i for one support the casement project & hope to see it completed sooner rather than later - with a valid safety certificate of course!

snatter

Quote from: illdecide on May 13, 2015, 10:37:58 PM
What part of "the money is for Casement Park only" do you not understand. It's Casement or nothing....No Lurgan, Portadown, Dungannon, Armagh or fecking Musgrave.

Complete c**k. The money is ringfenced for the construction of one stadium only.
There are no stipulations as to location. It's for the GAA, and the GAA alone, to decide where it wants to put it.

What part of that do YOU not understand.

general_lee

Quote from: snatter on May 14, 2015, 09:58:59 AM

Complete c**k. The money is ringfenced for the construction of one stadium only.
There are no stipulations as to location. It's for the GAA, and the GAA alone, to decide where it wants to put it.

Do you honestly think that anywhere other than Casement was ever going to be considered for this? And no, it isn't necessarily for the GAA to decide  ::)

culchie11

Snatter, the GAA have said they are rebuilding casement, therefore the money will be spent on casement!

every other county has had their county ground upgraded recently except antrim & they see belfast being the largest city in the north as being the ideal place for a stadium.

it wouldnt make sense to build in tyrone where they have omagh, down they have newry, armagh has the athletic grounds, etc, etc. 

Bingo

This has been said a 100 times here and it always comes back to build the stadium somewhere else.

The GAA aren't building a standalone GAA stadium. They are building a long term, multi use stadium with conference and many other uses. Its a Croke park Lite that is open 7 days a week for many uses.

It will be a money generator that will rely on a population on its doorstep, a large corporate and business community that will put to use its non-sporting facilities on  a commercial basis. It will look to having a social business arm that will see a range of events - from concerts to private weddings.

This ain't going to happen anywhere but Belfast. 

illdecide

Quote from: snatter on May 14, 2015, 09:58:59 AM

I didn't understand any of it...you're right and i'm wrong. Just build the thing in Musgrave then ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

culchie11

Good to see some of our former county managers with a letter of support for casement in today's irish news!!

some times you only the hear the opposition, good to know there are people in west belfast who do support the project!!