Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

As an ulster gaa man it is so disappointing to see the politicisation of our provincial stadium... so typical of Belfast. .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on April 30, 2015, 04:49:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 30, 2015, 04:36:00 PM
I just shake my head now.

Forgot the smiley face for the first part and the leisure centre bit just for good measure 😈

Andytown being rebuilt so don't worry, and another centre up the road, scaremongering
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: rrhf on May 01, 2015, 07:34:23 PM
As an ulster gaa man it is so disappointing to see the politicisation of our provincial stadium... so typical of Belfast. .

So it's the people of Belfast's fault that the Ulster GAA want a stadium 8k above what is required??

It sicken my hole the countryside bias towards the people of Belfast as if in some way we are better GAA people.

Ppl need to waken up and realise this stadium is being built to house concerts and not purely GAA.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 02, 2015, 01:35:57 PM
Quote from: rrhf on May 01, 2015, 07:34:23 PM

So it's the people of Belfast's fault that the Ulster GAA want a stadium 8k above what is required??

It sicken my hole the countryside bias towards the people of Belfast as if in some way we are better GAA people.

Ppl need to waken up and realise this stadium is being built to house concerts and not purely GAA.

Id say that the argument is not culchie v townie but just dong the job right and the Ulster council has fucked up completely and are buck-passing the way out rather than dealing with the issue...so if safety is the only problem then it should be the only thing that all stakeholders are concerned about...

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theticklemister

rosnarun

Quote from: theticklemister on May 06, 2015, 12:47:48 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 05, 2015, 08:41:13 PM
"Anti-GAA element" delaying Casement redevelopment - Carál Ní Chuilín

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32594781

Who?
Whil I presume you are trying to make a cheap point
Carál Ní Chuilín the Sports Minister , the person on the government side  who will control the Grant money,
No exactly a non entity in the process,
All I know is The ulster rugby team areplaying awayt in theior new ravenhill while the GAA Stadium is still only a pipe Dream
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

theticklemister

Quote from: rosnarun on May 06, 2015, 09:44:09 AM

Who?
Carál Ní Chuilín the Sports Minister , the person on the government side  who will control the Grant money,
All I know is The ulster rugby team areplaying awayt in theior new ravenhill while the GAA Stadium is still only a pipe Dream

no, asking who is the 'the anti-GAA' bias camp?

rosnarun

I think Anti - GAA  is some one who automaticly opposes any thing they see as being good for the GAA. wheter that is Grants or a new stadium Favorable publicity or anything at all.
the likes of jerry keirnan  and Neil francis are  unashamedly so as would most of the IRFU if they had the guts to say it and many soccer heads too., i believe some member of the DUP would feel the same way

there may be good reasons not to go ahead with the redevelopment of Casement but these people would come up with any aguement to Put the GAA in Its place.
as regard the soccer  they do hate your u12 team as they players could be playing association football and they also the envy the facilities they play on and the volunteer structure behind it
now many GAA people are Anti soccer and Rugby and are describes as sectarian if they are
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Applesisapples

This is getting stupid. Fault on all sides here, residents, GAA and Politicians. I don't necessarily see an anti GAA bias.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: rosnarun on May 06, 2015, 09:44:09 AM

Who?

I wouldn't say its a cheap point at all.

Outside of Robinson & McGuinness I would struggle to name any Northern minister or public representative for that matter.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

Clueless politician way out of her depth more like.

NAG1

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 06, 2015, 01:49:06 PM

Not that I dont agree with the above point you have made, but surely your previous post to this one negates anything you have to say outside of comment on Robinson & McGuinness.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: NAG1 on May 06, 2015, 02:20:56 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 06, 2015, 01:49:06 PM

Not that I dont agree with the above point you have made, but surely your previous post to this one negates anything you have to say outside of comment on Robinson & McGuinness.

Au contraire nag.

Between posts I did some intensive research on the bould Caral & came to the conclusion that she is both clueless & way out of her depth ;D ;D ;D