Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quite the irony; many of same people who want rights for local Nationalist residents in other parts of Belfast think these residents should have no rights.

armaghniac

Quote from: longballin on December 16, 2014, 11:32:30 AM
Quite the irony; many of same people who want rights for local Nationalist residents in other parts of Belfast think these residents should have no rights.

Are you Nelson McCausland? A fellow traveller anyway, the Orange Order and the GAA are not comparable.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: armaghniac on December 16, 2014, 11:36:40 AM
Quote from: longballin on December 16, 2014, 11:32:30 AM

Are you Nelson McCausland? A fellow traveller anyway, the Orange Order and the GAA are not comparable.

Nelson McCauslands a great guy he only wanted to rename the stadium the Edward Carson Park or something not torpedo the whole project

ziggysego

People are talking about building a new stadium in a green site or upgrading Clones. This is not an option. The money was for Casement Park or nothing.
Testing Accessibility

JPGJOHNNYG

Interesting quotes from the judge

"There was no cogent evidence that it (Casement Park) was ever going to play host to crowds of 20,000 in the future never mind one of 32,600,"

Did no-one mention any Ulster final! That aside he then goes on about the raised police concerns about safety issues and impact on the road network with a crowd of 38,000! Wait a minute I thought Casement would be lucky to get 20000 now all of a sudden he is worried about the impact of 38000 er WTF.

longballin

...but the views and rights of local residents are important whatever the issue...

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: ziggysego on December 16, 2014, 11:39:20 AM
People are talking about building a new stadium in a green site or upgrading Clones. This is not an option. The money was for Casement Park or nothing.

That was the case however the IFA have managed to get funding for various projects not just Windsor Park. Their plans are yet unknown but Im presuming a new Glentoran stadium and money for the Brandywell will be part of their spending so I reckon the GAA could argue the toss to fund a new build somewhere else.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: longballin on December 16, 2014, 11:45:27 AM
...but the views and rights of local residents are important whatever the issue...

and the views and rights of the local people who want development?

cockahoop

Clones is not a option if they want to claim the 61million grant from the british exchequer,last time i checked Clones was in the Republic.

longballin

Aye all views should be considered though locals have to live in the shadow of it. 

DennistheMenace

Ah right I get it now, build the new stadium and Antrim in a few years time will be challenging for All-Irelands and bring in crowds of 30k+..

armaghniac

Quote from: cockahoop on December 16, 2014, 11:54:47 AM
Clones is not a option if they want to claim the 61million grant from the british exchequer,last time i checked Clones was in the Republic.

If you build a big enough stand in Clones sure it would be in Fermanagh!

How about a deal where this money goes to Clones and the 26 counties agrees to contribute to the A5.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DennistheMenace

Both Paddy Heaney and Kevin Madden make valid points re terracing and a capacity reduction as a compromise.

culchie11

hardstation is paddy heaney talking crap then? about resident getting money?

i seen mark sidebottom on bbc news last night with a document in his hand saying the residents were offered a deal in may 2013 worth just over a million pounds, is this also false?! listen for yourself, link is below!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/northern-ireland/30479191

cluaineois

Quote from: culchie11 on December 16, 2014, 03:08:49 PM
hardstation is paddy heaney talking crap then? about resident getting money?

i seen mark sidebottom on bbc news last night with a document in his hand saying the residents were offered a deal in may 2013 worth just over a million pounds, is this also false?! listen for yourself, link is below!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/northern-ireland/30479191
you have just proven Hardstations point that the issue wasn't about being bought off. I for one wouldn't want  to be forced to leave my home by the ulster council or anybody else.  Paddy Heany has been talking crap on this issue from day one
once your a clone your never alone