Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinker

Certainly a no smoke without fire case.

QuoteThe GAA's barrister claimed there was evidence that match crowds in the past have topped 50,000.

No mention of back paying tax on this since it was obviously dangerous and therefore illegal to allow so many into the grounds on that/these days if it ever happened.

What is going on?

To say in a court that we broke crowd safety rules in the past and therefore endangered lives and obviously not paid the relevant entertainment tax during a claim to enhance a stadium from 32,000 to 38.000 when no one can remember any such crowd being in Casement in the last 22 years is acceptable?

What are the upper echelons of the GAA at?

orangeman

I wish they would get on with this. The bill for losses incurred by the contractor will run into millions and there's the small matter of the Rugby World Cup as well to consider in addition to a few big soccer games and the odd wee concert:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/ireland-set-to-unveil-rugby-world-cup-2023-bid-1.2025911

theticklemister

Quote from: orangeman on December 04, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
I wish they would get on with this. The bill for losses incurred by the contractor will run into millions and there's the small matter of the Rugby World Cup as well to consider in addition to a few big soccer games and the odd wee concert:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/ireland-set-to-unveil-rugby-world-cup-2023-bid-1.2025911

fcuk'em

orangeman

Hugo MacNeill, the chairman of Ireland's bid to host the 2023 World Cup, said last week that a redeveloped Casement is "absolutely crucial" to their plans to secure the event.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on December 09, 2014, 01:39:40 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 09, 2014, 12:12:22 PM
Hugo MacNeill, the chairman of Ireland's bid to host the 2023 World Cup, said last week that a redeveloped Casement is "absolutely crucial" to their plans to secure the event.
Game changer.

We need this to happen.
Sure haven't the people of West Belfast been crying out for a rugby world cup for years.

rrhf

Antrim gaa is fucked if this stadium goes to Dungannon. From a Dungannon perspective  they have a mighty hurling club and an enthusiastic  football team that has went from junior to senior in 2 years. Proud gaa town..

Walter Cronc

armaghniac

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 10, 2014, 08:46:15 AM
20-25k with a roof??

Used all year round

This, combined with some upgrade of Clones where big summer games with 20k+ still be held, would be an admirable solution. A roofed stadium would get a good income from concerts etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on December 10, 2014, 01:00:36 PM
Where does Dungannon come into this?

Dungannon is the centre of Ulster, if you use a population weighted basis.
I once did a logistics analysis which showed that the optimum place for the depot to be located to serve Ulster (All ireland company with other depots) was at the end of the M1.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: armaghniac on December 10, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

I once did a logistics analysis which showed that the optimum place for the depot to be located to serve Ulster (All ireland company with other depots) was at the end of the M1.

that would make sense...until you get to O'Neill park, or rather try and get out of it!
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

johnneycool

Quote from: armaghniac on December 10, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

Casement is at the end of the M1.

;)

illdecide

Davitt Park in Lurgan would be ideal...it's 1 mile from the M1 and 1 mile from a major train station. The land is there for the development. It's only 25 mins from Belfast and is as central as you'll get. It's not in the middle of a housing estate like Dungannon and would be the most sensible location if it was ever up for debate...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

DennistheMenace

Should Casement Park be renamed? Nelson McCausland seems to think so.

Jeepers Creepers

No doubt the naming rights will be sold to a sponsor anyway so it will probably be called the 'Hoppy Dobbins Arena' or 'Noel Grimley Stadium'