Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Marker

Will they be able to pay the new rent that will be levied on the social club. They'll need a decent turn over to make it feasible

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2014, 10:07:30 PM
I wouldn't imagine that would be a difficulty. Fitting the new social club into a stadium that is already designed might be though. Possible loss of corporate areas? Who knows?

One thing's for sure, we need a new fly through, ziggy. ;D

That is if it goes ahead at all.

I'll bring it up at the next meeting ;)
Testing Accessibility

stibhan

The social club's victory really could be the win that kickstarts Antrim's season.

theskull1

Re: Fitting in space for a social club ........take it theyre gonna take her up a level on the mooreland park side?  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

haranguerer

This is good news. Sound lads run the social club.

Just to point out, they'll probably look them to close during games or tighten up on admittance of non-members or something though. I assume the GAA will be renting bar space in the new stadium - it wont help that, having ingrained cheaper competitors taking a slice of the custom. Might be worth becoming a member - how much is it now HS?

orangeman

Great to see that common sense has prevailed here and that Antrim GAA and the social club have settled their clear differences. This has saved a lot of potential embarrassment not to mention a huge bill for costs from a lot of sources.

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2014, 09:37:01 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on April 02, 2014, 08:26:21 AM
This is good news. Sound lads run the social club.

Just to point out, they'll probably look them to close during games or tighten up on admittance of non-members or something though. I assume the GAA will be renting bar space in the new stadium - it wont help that, having ingrained cheaper competitors taking a slice of the custom. Might be worth becoming a member - how much is it now HS?
£10 for new membership, £8 for renewals as far as I remember.
Yeah, I imagine it will be members only on match days.

Surely you'd sign me in on match day, eh HS!!

DennistheMenace

Maybe a stupid question but do members have to pay into games?

ziggysego

I tried to get into the old Social Club once. It wasn't accessible by wheelchair. I'll be putting this on the top of my to-do list for the new club.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2014, 12:02:04 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 02, 2014, 11:57:50 AM
I tried to get into the old Social Club once. It wasn't accessible by wheelchair. I'll be putting this on the top of my to-do list for the new club.
Really? I've seen a number of people in there in wheelchairs.

Really? Ah well, maybe I was using the wrong entrance  ;D
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2014, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 02, 2014, 12:16:19 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2014, 12:02:04 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 02, 2014, 11:57:50 AM
Really? I've seen a number of people in there in wheelchairs.

Really? Ah well, maybe I was using the wrong entrance  ;D
Yeah, one of the regulars is a wheelchair user.

There are two entrances and yes, one has steps but the other shouldn't be any hinderance.

Yeah, it was the one with steps I was at, back in 2005. Ah well, the clubmen were more than great though. We're going to help me into the place, but I decided to just head home and get a pint in Eddie's.
Testing Accessibility

LeoMc

Quote from: hardstation on April 13, 2014, 09:36:00 PM
Why can't you leave well enough alone??

This is not the GAA that I'm a member of and have donated my time and money to.

A deal is a deal.

Come on, Peter Quinn, you made the deal.......

This is like a teenage girls update on Facebook (so I'm told)

You just want somebody to ask, so here goes, are you ok Hun, do you want to talk about it?

drici

Fascinating stuff now with the new letter just arrived on Friday late on to make it too late to take legal action before courts close for two weeks for the Easter Holidays.
Casement GAA Social Club have to be out on the street before or by the 14th of April.
Who authorised this letter?
Who in Ulster supports the sending of this letter?
Can anyone in Ulster bring to task those who instructed the letter to be sent?
Those who instructed this perceived as threatening letter to be sent should get in contact with the Ballinascreen boys as to the reality of demolition.
People are sound - People are good - Do not attempt at any time to threaten them in any way.

drici

orangeman

The madness continues.see bbc in website.

Casement Park: Social club members in 'round the clock' protest

A poster at Casement Park Social Club indicates a sit-in is taking place

The social club is within the grounds of the Gaelic Athletic Association's Casement Park stadium, which is in the process of a major redevelopment.

Social club members said the GAA Antrim County Board had given them until Monday to leave the premises.

However, some members began a 24-hour "sit-in" protest on Sunday evening.

In a statement, the social club said that since 28 March when an agreement was signed, the club had heard nothing from either the Ulster GAA Council or the Casement Park project board about provision of its alternative premises.

It said their legal representative contacted the club's solicitor by fax on Friday "one hour and 15 minutes before the court adjourned for the Easter break".

It said they were "demanding that Casement Social Club vacate their premises in Casement Park" on or before Monday 14 April.

The club said: "Under no circumstances will the Casement Social Club (CSC) premises be vacated on Monday morning April 14 and the CSC premises will not be vacated until such time as suitable replacement facilities are in place and until such time as the heads of agreement have been progressed to a detailed final agreement.

"As and from midnight on Sunday 13 April 2014, the members of Casement Social Club will protect their club by occupying their premises in Casement Park on a 24-hour basis to prevent any demolition of its premises from taking place."

"All available CSC members have been requested to sign up for rotational shifts."