Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 25, 2014, 09:03:09 AM
Not in the business of winding up but on and off the pitch Antrim are bit of a laughing stock at the minute, sad to see with so many true gaels from the County.

from the outside looking in, thats the way it looks Dennis. Too many chiefs and not enough indians as a man might have muttered in the past

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on March 25, 2014, 11:08:57 AM
I see Paddy Heaney telling us that this stadium is not about concerts at all as they are not needed for the stadium to be sustainable. I am assuming that he is privy to the business plan that the residents have been asking for for months but have been refused as it is commercially sensitive? He does go on to tell us, however, that it would be great to get the rugby world cup there.

He mentions the potential of Tyrone v Kerry in an AI Quarter Final........in a 38,000 seater stadium.........in Belfast.
Can anyone really see that happening?

Kerry don't travel to Dublin for semi finals. They'll hardly go to Belfast for a quarter final.

Hardy

bannside

From what I have been told there are a couple of premium (handy) jobs up for grabs with regard to stadium management positions. A bit of jockeying for position going on.

Ulster Council too quiet on all this for my liking. Got to be sitting in the background controlling the shots.

Spoke to the head of the residents group on Saturday night (I bumped into him at a function) and he had many legitimate and well documented concerns. Well up for the fight too......

haranguerer

Quote from: hardstation on March 25, 2014, 10:08:59 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 25, 2014, 09:59:25 AM
Can I ask, what was supposed to happen HS?

We can all agree that the whole thing appears to have been handled awfully in whatever event, but from reading this thread it appears to be the case that all the social club were seeking was to be asked to leave nicely, and if this had happened there'd be no issues at all. Is that really true?
Yes. The social club told ACB that they would leave with no issues 2 weeks before they levelled the place. The reply they got was along the lines of "We decide when you leave, not you."
Then they changed the locks.

The reason I ask is because I noticed on another thread you'd said something along the lines of 'the co board wouldnt give them two rooms, so they're hardly going to give them...[money or whatever it was]'.

It seemed to me then perhaps that the social club were looking space in the new place, and there may have been an element of ransom about the affair.

I'll stress the co board have made a b*lls of the whole thing regardless of what was going on, and for what its worth I think efforts should have been made to find space to allow the social club to continue in the new place, but it just seems likely there is a bit more to it than simply that the social club didnt like the way they were told to leave and so dug their heels in. Which doesnt make much sense.

The Worker

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2014, 10:14:52 AM
It should name for an interesting AGM or two in December.

Is it true that at the last Agm a question was asked about the social club but was blankly refused a response?

Clinker

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on March 19, 2014, 11:16:37 PM

Why don't they just bulldoze it

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on March 20, 2014, 12:29:10 AM

it would appear that the real issue was whether or not they would still be able to get pints at £2.50

saved

under the bar

Saw a lot of work being done at the M1 side of the ground.  Has the re-development started?

Gizzy15

;D ;D ;D 8)
I think "stroked" is the old 90's word that Sums up my post,

That is all

Jeepers Creepers

What was the agreement reached? Just missed it on the news earlier.

Jeepers Creepers

Ta, temp on site bar will be interesting from a health and safety perspective.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2014, 10:07:30 PM
I wouldn't imagine that would be a difficulty. Fitting the new social club into a stadium that is already designed might be though. Possible loss of corporate areas? Who knows?

One thing's for sure, we need a new fly through, ziggy. ;D

That is if it goes ahead at all.

I'm picturing the brand new stadium with two mobile huts in the carpark  ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2014, 10:13:05 PM
It never existed ffs. Our county board boys made it up.

Sorry, "Not owed anymore".

That is shocking.