Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on February 17, 2014, 10:28:39 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on February 16, 2014, 09:36:23 AM
Reads like the 'opinion' of a 3 year old.

So because you would be in favour of a 3g pitch on principle, you don't believe you or more importantly the people living in the area should consider what impact that will have on the lives of people living there and acknowledge that they a right to protest if their lives will be adversely affected? You'd prefer them to be like sheep and stay silent even though the safety and quality of life could be impacted?

Are you a devout Roman Catholic?
I don't know what point you're trying to make, all I'm saying that if you listened to every protester protesting about development, you'd never get anything done. As regards Casement I do think that even though, as far as I know, access to clear daylight is not enough grounds to prohibit a planning application, those residents who will lose their afternoon and evening sunshine should have an option to have their homes bought by the GAA. Anyone else making complaints about crowds, traffic congestion etc should be told to catch themselves on. By the way how many homes will lose evening sunshine?

IIRC you've no 'rights' to a view, but you do to daylight if your neighbour decided to build a fúck off big extension right beside you.

theskull1

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on February 17, 2014, 10:28:39 AM
I don't know what point you're trying to make, all I'm saying that if you listened to every protester protesting about development, you'd never get anything done. As regards Casement I do think that even though, as far as I know, access to clear daylight is not enough grounds to prohibit a planning application, those residents who will lose their afternoon and evening sunshine should have an option to have their homes bought by the GAA. Anyone else making complaints about crowds, traffic congestion etc should be told to catch themselves on. By the way how many homes will lose evening sunshine?

The point I'm making is that you would rather people act like a flock of sheep (in the same way devout RCs are allowing the RC church to get away with their goings on)

Nothing wrong with rising up against a more powerful oppressive force and demanding a fair hearing, but you'd rather everyone just shut up and put up. Very easy for you to take that position seeing as you wont have to live with the mass of concrete at the end of your very short garden.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

THE MIGHTY QUINN

There is an ash tree in the field behind my house and over the past  20 years it's now grown so high as it blocks my sunlight.  Can I cut it down?

armaghniac

QuoteNothing wrong with rising up against a more powerful oppressive force and demanding a fair hearing

"Oppressive Force"? This isn't Tibet, it is Casement Park.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on February 17, 2014, 05:38:46 PM
There is an ash tree in the field behind my house and over the past  20 years it's now grown so high as it blocks my sunlight.  Can I cut it down?

Scullion hurls would give you a few pound for it ;)

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: hardstation on February 17, 2014, 05:46:15 PM
Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on February 17, 2014, 05:38:46 PM
Go for it.
Justcread your comment about the allegation that residents were looking a payoff of 20,000 to allow the development to go ahead. I know the arguement is not about money, but regardless I believe they should be entitled to a level of compensation commensurate with the reduction in the value of their homes after the stadium is built. By the way how many residents will lose afternoon and evening sunshine

babarino

Last I heard on this planning permission was given the go ahead and the residents weren't successful in their objections.

Has work actually begun?

orangeman

Work has started in some capacity. Presumably the work is phased and presumably the main contractor has a contract and a programme of works which if varied will lead to claims for increased - additional costs.

So is the meter running and will the potential delays lead to increased costs ?

So you either pay the contractor or sort out the residents. Either way, the costs are going up.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on February 27, 2014, 12:09:14 AM
I assume the total sum is now out of the possession and control of our now unsteady 'government'?

I assume the "government" has the money and it is being drawn down as per interim certificates ?

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on February 27, 2014, 12:09:14 AM
I assume the total sum is now out of the possession and control of our now unsteady 'government'?
This money's from London, not Belfast as far as I'm aware.

Maguire01

drici

"It is a matter of deep regret that we find ourselves in a situation where we have members of the GAA who live locally who are opposed to this project, and I want to appeal to them to get round the table, discuss issues with us and I will assure them the GAA will do its best to alleviate their concerns."

Just cut off their electricity supply.

No statement from Aogán Ó Fearghail into the third day and 33 years later and these neo Brits carry on like their thatcherite masters.

Turn the lights back on for the community and the people.

No words i mBéarla could describe what Corporate GAA seem to be doing and thereby have seemingly 'envisaged' for the people of the area.

Quote from: BennyCake on January 25, 2014, 05:57:26 PM

If Casement goes ahead despite the protests from residents, the new stadium is always going to be surrounded by ill-feeling from alot of people in that area. Any big match that takes place, will continually get up residents noses. That can't be good for the GAA in Belfast, Ulster and as a whole.

A fine stadium surrounded by angry pissed off residents isn't good in any way, in my opinion.

And then introduce pure antagonism just to be sure.

There does seem to be an attitude that a Belfast community can be smashed into the ground and that a lot of money can be made on  their backs once that is done.

illdecide

Not really linked but I'll tell you the story anyway...

I was listening to the radio on Sat there and they were telling the story about the Celtic revolution at Parkhead and how the residents were against Celtic building the new taller stands that they have now, they protested and picketted throughout the construction. After the stands were built they complained that they couldn't get a propoer TV signal anymore due to the height of the stands and were looking compensation.
Celtic sent them all a letter stating that they would reimburse them for their troubles and all they had to do was come to Celtic Park with their valid TV license and they would get reimbursed...

NOT ONE TURNED UP...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

take_yer_points

Quote from: illdecide on March 03, 2014, 02:36:28 PM
Not really linked but I'll tell you the story anyway...

I was listening to the radio on Sat there and they were telling the story about the Celtic revolution at Parkhead and how the residents were against Celtic building the new taller stands that they have now, they protested and picketted throughout the construction. After the stands were built they complained that they couldn't get a propoer TV signal anymore due to the height of the stands and were looking compensation.
Celtic sent them all a letter stating that they would reimburse them for their troubles and all they had to do was come to Celtic Park with their valid TV license and they would get reimbursed...

NOT ONE TURNED UP...

Heard the same story but it was residents of Forkhill complaining about low flying helicopters ruining TV reception

drici

Incredible the goings on now.
The GAA have sent letters threatening to bring GAA members such as Antrim's only All Star in Football to court within 14 days.
And this is for what?
Free money because people suffered and many died and now we are going to climb up on the backs of the dead and the long term injured to suit ourselves and damage the lives of others including our own long term members - a wrong thing to do.
And this is what the GAA has become in order to be benefit claimants?
Disgusting what some people will do for free money.
Disgusting.