Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Bottom line is that they're only happy when they have something to complain about

muppet

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on February 15, 2014, 06:56:04 PM
Bottom line is that they're only happy when they have something to complain about

Are you complaining about people complaining?
MWWSI 2017

THE MIGHTY QUINN

All I'm saying is that whenever some sort of structural development which is attempting to contribute to the overall regeneration of west Belfast  is proposed the NIMBY brigade come out in force. They're opposed to houses, schools, football stadiums etc.etc.etc.  I'm not making any comment, or expressing any views on their right to complain about other injustices.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on February 16, 2014, 12:34:22 AM
All I'm saying is that whenever some sort of structural development which is attempting to contribute to the overall regeneration of west Belfast  is proposed the NIMBY brigade come out in force. They're opposed to houses, schools, football stadiums etc.etc.etc.  I'm not making any comment, or expressing any views on their right to complain about other injustices.
There legitimate concerns from locals on all these topics. The proposals for Casement redevelopment, additional social housing or development of a common area into a 3G pitch etc for a school all come with cons for the locals as well as pros. They are entitled to have their say.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 12:46:23 AM
You are making reference to other peoples right to protest at other injustices.

This thread is about Casement Park redevelopment, not a school, not social housing.
You only brought them in to suit your agenda. I'll ask again, why don't you include the people of Glenavy who opposed an incinerator in their area?

Worst of all, you don't have the balls to give your own opinion on any of the three separate issues you have mentioned.
Im in favour of the school's 3G pitch and the social housing. I guarantee you if anything else was proposed for the Ford site, the locals would be kicking up about the need for housing. I'm also in favour of the stadium. Development happens in built up areas, it's an occupational hazard of urban living. In the countryside trees grow and block our sunlight  and farmers spread slurry in the fields around our homes, that's an occupational hazard of rural living

theskull1

Reads like the 'opinion' of a 3 year old.

So because you would be in favour of a 3g pitch on principle, you don't believe you or more importantly the people living in the area should consider what impact that will have on the lives of people living there and acknowledge that they a right to protest if their lives will be adversely affected? You'd prefer them to be like sheep and stay silent even though the safety and quality of life could be impacted?

Are you a devout Roman Catholic?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Wildweasel74

Haven been involved in taking down the old school up at the top of the glen road, could someone tell me why they want to develope a 3g pitch down beside the school, vol grammar school often have to travel to their playing fields. there were pitches up at the old site and these could have been developed, but did the parish not decide to sell the land for housing? CBS is approx less than a mile from La Salle, does it no make sense to do a co-op for the developemnt of a 3/4G pitch on their site which is in the pipeline.

ONeill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 16, 2014, 01:37:02 PM
Haven been involved in taking down the old school up at the top of the glen road,

Ye didn't see a Vosene pencil case knocking about?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

the NIMBY brigade come out in force. They're opposed to houses, schools, football stadiums etc.etc.etc. 
Ah sure doesn't everybody know there's a perfect location for all those kind of things ......

It's called SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jeepers Creepers

Proposed conversion of one of the grass GAA pitches to 3G with floodlights in the falls park also being objected to by local residents in fear of extra car parking and artificial light at night.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2014, 07:15:12 PM
the NIMBY brigade come out in force. They're opposed to houses, schools, football stadiums etc.etc.etc. 
Ah sure doesn't everybody know there's a perfect location for all those kind of things ......

It's called SOMEWHERE ELSE.
The DCAL grant is for Casement. It's that or nothing.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: theskull1 on February 16, 2014, 09:36:23 AM
Reads like the 'opinion' of a 3 year old.

So because you would be in favour of a 3g pitch on principle, you don't believe you or more importantly the people living in the area should consider what impact that will have on the lives of people living there and acknowledge that they a right to protest if their lives will be adversely affected? You'd prefer them to be like sheep and stay silent even though the safety and quality of life could be impacted?

Are you a devout Roman Catholic?
I don't know what point you're trying to make, all I'm saying that if you listened to every protester protesting about development, you'd never get anything done. As regards Casement I do think that even though, as far as I know, access to clear daylight is not enough grounds to prohibit a planning application, those residents who will lose their afternoon and evening sunshine should have an option to have their homes bought by the GAA. Anyone else making complaints about crowds, traffic congestion etc should be told to catch themselves on. By the way how many homes will lose evening sunshine?