Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2013, 09:39:17 AM
Will Casement be the biggest stadium in Ireland outside of Croke and Aviva ?

Semple, Limerick, Killarney are all bigger but they are more grounds than stadiums if you could differentiate between a stadia and ground.

southdown

T Fearon

For ground and stadium comparison ,think chapel and cathedral.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: snoopdog on December 20, 2013, 10:32:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2013, 09:39:17 AM
Will Casement be the biggest stadium in Ireland outside of Croke and Aviva ?

Semple, Limerick, Killarney are all bigger but they are more grounds than stadiums if you could differentiate between a stadia and ground.

I hear you in this context stadium being internationally recognised sporting venue and ground being 19th century design constructed in 21st century for an extortianate rate must be grey and dreary obviously no protection from the elements and constructed in such a death trap way that it will need huge areas shut down at the next health and safety review optionial extras such as traditional style pillars and flloodlights placed to obstruct viewing, toilet and burger van facilities restricted for the prawn sandwich munching old trafford types.
On a serious note I think rail terracing at the open end would be an excellent idea and might allow a few rows to be knocked off the side stands to reduce the height for the residents without compromising capacity

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on December 20, 2013, 10:44:13 AM
For ground and stadium comparison ,think chapel and cathedral.

Catholics use Chapels wrong. It's a Church. A chapel is a church within another building,  for instance a hospital.
Testing Accessibility

Milltown Row2

Heard if the residents want to take it to the European courts they will have to stump up 30 grand
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 20, 2013, 11:19:16 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2013, 11:10:36 AM
Heard if the residents want to take it to the European courts they will have to stump up 30 grand
What if someone who is 104, has no dough and wants to bring a case to ECHR, they have to pay 30 grand?
Jeez........

That's what I heard, maybe someone can say different, I suppose it depends on the type of hearing you are going for
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2013, 11:22:59 AM
Quote from: hardstation on December 20, 2013, 11:19:16 AM
What if someone who is 104, has no dough and wants to bring a case to ECHR, they have to pay 30 grand?
Jeez........

That's what I heard, maybe someone can say different, I suppose it depends on the type of hearing you are going for
Your hearing couldn't be great if you are 104.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Group action divided by 300 residents £100 each.

Handy enough.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: orangeman on December 20, 2013, 11:34:49 AM

Handy enough.

Grand if you can afford to lose 100 notes these days? Lawyers free?

orangeman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2013, 11:59:02 AM
Quote from: orangeman on December 20, 2013, 11:34:49 AM

Handy enough.

Grand if you can afford to lose 100 notes these days? Lawyers free?

No win no fee ?

Applesisapples

This whole idea of having premium levels and VIP areas to my mind is far removed from the ethos of the GAA. I don't mind the smallish section you get in Semple, Armagh, Omagh etc. But this introduces division based on money and influence. I would see through it if Clubs were to get a sahre of such tickets for their use but that won't happen.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 20, 2013, 04:14:57 PM
This whole idea of having premium levels and VIP areas to my mind is far removed from the ethos of the GAA. I don't mind the smallish section you get in Semple, Armagh, Omagh etc. But this introduces division based on money and influence. I would see through it if Clubs were to get a sahre of such tickets for their use but that won't happen.

The reason for the height is to accommodate the premium levels. Funny how they never mentioned that!!

Minder

I would say there will be some rogues "6ft 4 & 20 stone" in the premium boxes
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"