Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakleafCounty

It should be redistributed equally among the 6 county grounds in the north and Ulster finals should be kept in Clones.

cluaineois

They changed their minds before about how this money should be spent. Have ye never heard of a politician changing their minds?
once your a clone your never alone

rodney trotter

When was work due to actually due to start on this project?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

QuoteIt should be redistributed equally among the 6 county grounds in the north and Ulster finals should be kept in Clones.

Great idea.

QuoteJillember

Jill Ember? I knew her at Queen's, cracking girl with a few vodkas on her.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 04, 2013, 04:19:05 PM
QuoteIt should be redistributed equally among the 6 county grounds in the north and Ulster finals should be kept in Clones.

Great idea.

QuoteJillember

Jill Ember? I knew her at Queen's, cracking girl with a few vodkas on her.

She fan a few flames at queens?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maguire01

donelli

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 04, 2013, 10:14:41 PM
At least 2-3 more Ulster Finals in Clones at this rate.

woo hoo... and long may it continue

#keepfinalsinclones

CD

Planning approval expected in an announcement from the minister later today. Work to begin early in the new year. It all looks like it is going to go ahead as planned.

Typical NI ministerial ploy - make a potentially controversial announcement on the cusp of a two week break and when something else (Haas) is dominating the Local News!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on December 19, 2013, 09:10:14 AM
Planning approval expected in an announcement from the minister later today. Work to begin early in the new year. It all looks like it is going to go ahead as planned.

Typical NI ministerial ploy - make a potentially controversial announcement on the cusp of a two week break and when something else (Haas) is dominating the Local News!

Heard this news last week, I'm sure Hardstation will give us the next attempt by the the residents to throw a spanner in the works of the Casement development, I've no real view on it other than I can see arguments for both sides and that, in my view the capacity is too much (be great for finals) and the initial hassle once the building commences will be a a issue for the whole of the Andersonstown road users. The other side is it will generate a lot of work at the start (can't be a bad thing) and hopefully bring a lot of big games/events to West Belfast.

Have been a Ravenhill and fair play to them, they have used the money wisely and the ground is nearly complete.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2013, 09:53:08 AM
No idea although I imagine it'll not stop there. European Court of Human Rights perhaps.

Another issue may be arising here too. There is becoming an increasing concern among GAA clubs in Antrim that due to the balls up at Dunsilly, the already broke clubs are going to be levied to bail the county out of it. Questions are arising as to why Casement Park may be moving away from the possession of Antrim GAA at a cost of £0.00 while the clubs take the hit for other failures which they didn't cause.

Yeah it has been a bit of a ongoing problem at the minute, couldn't make the AGM this year but I'm sure the members of most clubs have had the membership raised possibly

orangeman

Richard Haas is coming back next year to sort this out after he has the fleg men sorted.  :)

CD

Hope it doesn't go to European Courts! It would be nice if some form of compromise could be reached that satisfied the residents although that looks unlikely at this point.

I think it will be a great asset to GAA in Antrim and Ulster in the future. The current Casement badly needs an overhaul, Ulster needs a top stadium and Belfast needs a focus for its GAA.

Milltown compared it to Ravenhill and I live really close to it. The impact on local community there has been negligible. Couple of busy hours around game time but the police stop match traffic from blocking resident traffic and punters have the decency to park and walk. There is ample parking on the Boucher Rd to keep matchday traffic away from Andytown altogether. The new stands went up largely unnoticed and it actually has improved the aesthetics of the area.

Local chippies, pubs and shops make an absolute killing as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/25445928

CD

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2013, 10:27:52 AM
Let's not forget that Ravenhill's capacity will only be 18,000 when completed.

I'm sure the Andytown residents would accept that at Casement Park. ;D

Good point, well made! That means local pubs and shops will take twice as much on match days!