Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: snatter on November 21, 2013, 01:09:51 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 21, 2013, 10:55:16 AM
Jeez lads, alot of balls getting talked on this thread. I take it everyone is of a architectural / building control / town planner background?

what parts of the debate are you struggling to understand?

What I do understand , its not being built at the bottom of anyones garden on this forum.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 21, 2013, 02:06:20 PM
Quote from: snatter on November 21, 2013, 01:09:51 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 21, 2013, 10:55:16 AM
Jeez lads, alot of balls getting talked on this thread. I take it everyone is of a architectural / building control / town planner background?

what parts of the debate are you struggling to understand?

What I do understand , its not being built at the bottom of anyones garden on this forum.

If you read through Snatters comments you'll see that is far from the main issue.

rrhf

Getting Casement park up to scratch needs to be Antrim GAAs greatest priority.  This will take Antrim football and hurling to a new level.  Would be great to see it too.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rrhf on November 24, 2013, 08:39:44 PM
Getting Casement park up to scratch needs to be Antrim GAAs greatest priority.  This will take Antrim football and hurling to a new level.  Would be great to see it too.
;D I have read some bollocks in my time on this board...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2013, 10:46:03 PM

Nearly as bad as someone saying Cuchullains will be beating the Gaels this year, some bollocks....... ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2013, 10:53:45 PM

Nearly as bad as someone saying Cuchullains will be beating the Gaels this year, some bollocks....... ;)
A 2 point defeat! Hardly in the same league  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2013, 11:16:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2013, 10:53:45 PM

A 2 point defeat! Hardly in the same league  ;D

Still bollocks though, they played Antrim last week and took a hammering, I made the mistake of playing a team well above our station in the run up to semi and final, if I ever had the chance again I wouldn't bother
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

Realism has crept in.

Thankfully.

Lecale2

jftj

spoke to a fella tonite who would be well in the know who told me that our prod brethren will be doing most of the building.and jesus wept.sashes in the conrete[hjs words]so muchfor regeneration of the  local area.

Saffrongael

Quote from: jftj on December 04, 2013, 05:51:11 AM
spoke to a fella tonite who would be well in the know who told me that our prod brethren will be doing most of the building.and jesus wept.sashes in the conrete[hjs words]so muchfor regeneration of the  local area.

They have to tender so it isn't just a matter of handing the contract to the closest firm to Casement Park.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2013, 09:56:23 AM
I believe there are a number of holes in the GAA's job creation figures. However, 'Prod brethren' getting a building contract in the project is not one of them. That's naked sectarianism.

Shorts and Harlands are really busy at the minute so there won't be too many engineers coming over from the East ;)

Who is the main contractor? has it not already been sorted?

Applesisapples

This all is getting tedious, if the fine upstanding GAA supporters of West Belfast don't want this stadium then take it and the investment to somwhere that does. Davitt Park in Lurgan or some where similar within easy distance to the M1.

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2013, 09:56:23 AM
I believe there are a number of holes in the GAA's job creation figures. However, 'Prod brethren' getting a building contract in the project is not one of them. That's naked sectarianism.

+1
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera