damien barton new burren manager? will he bring the success of old??

Started by kinghen, January 02, 2008, 05:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Paddy Crozier is priceless ! For everything else there's Mastercard !  ;) ;) ;) ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: orangeman on January 03, 2008, 02:05:31 PM
Paddy Crozier is priceless ! For everything else there's Mastercard !  ;) ;) ;) ;D
think you are mixing up your vocab due to large intake of alcohol over Christmas
you are confusing clueless with priceless

orangeman

Clueless - sure didn't you beat Armagh, Mayo and nearly Dublin ???????

CSC

Quote from: theskull1 on January 03, 2008, 12:28:35 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 03, 2008, 12:12:32 AM
I see a club and man named throughout this thread. 

There are other clubs in Down paying managers I presume so why shouldn't Burren spend some cash to put their senior team on a equal footing?

Individual examples will always be used in bigger arguments about the rights and wrongs of these things. Barton/Burren is the headline here , but Rafferty/Slaughneil, Moran/Creggan, Cassidy/??? are also big name managers/club that everybody knows are involved in dodgy dealings. Even though I see your point, I think you're being a bit pedantic about the thread title.

Burren with the help of the County Board and Croke Park, should be protesting like all the other clubs of the activities of all the clubs who engage in such practices rather than joining in on this illegal practice should they not?
Ref Creggan / Moran. He with Creggan not because of dodgy dealings but rather the wife's connection with the club. So you can take us off the dodgy dealing list.

Maximus Marillius

CSC...you will notice here how quick many of our posters are prepared to blacken a mans name based soley on bar stool talk. Says a considerable amount them. The GAA has investigated it and found no evidence. Sure the skull should join the committee of his local club and then blow them wide open when they have a high profile coach in taking them for alot of sessions and giving him a few dollars more.

Rav67

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 03, 2008, 03:08:25 PM
CSC...you will notice here how quick many of our posters are prepared to blacken a mans name based soley on bar stool talk. Says a considerable amount them. The GAA has investigated it and found no evidence. Sure the skull should join the committee of his local club and then blow them wide open when they have a high profile coach in taking them for alot of sessions and giving him a few dollars more.

Just about to say something similar.  Mickey Moran certainly doesn't take big money, he agreed to take Ballerin for a few sessions a few years ago and as far as I know refused to take any money for them.

orangeman

Let's face it - a lot of managers love the game and really aren't motivated by money - however it has to be said that there are a few managers ou there who will move club every year if they have to, in order to get their "expenses" - even if it means travelling distances of 2 hours each way.

Real Talk

Folks it's 2008 and paying managers is an irreversible trend.  There are fewer Managers than Clubs and the Supply and Demand theory applies.  Most Clubs these days are Chaired by Business men or close associates of people with money.  I am aware that Clubs find it very difficult to get 'insiders' to manage their senior team because of the amount of time and expertise required to do the job and at the same time command a high level of respect man-managing people from your own parish.  D Cassidy is one person who has been extremely successful in this regard because he has working very hard (leave the money out of it) at developing a high level of competence.  It has been also brought to my attention that he also works very hard in a voluntary capacity coaching at under-age level for his club.  As in all aspects of life some people are worth more than others.

orangeman

Damian Cassidy was being paid by Bellaghy last year to manage the senior team AND help woth underage coaching as well - I think you'll find it was a complete package -

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: orangeman on January 03, 2008, 06:14:48 PM
Damian Cassidy was being paid by Bellaghy last year to manage the senior team AND help woth underage coaching as well - I think you'll find it was a complete package -

I think your talking shite again orangeman. He was not at bellaghy in 2006 nor is he there this year, but guess what, he is organising  the youth set up. From u8 to u14 we are back on track again...and he is the one who got us working again. Another bar stool geuis spreading crap. Best advise is if you know nothing say nothing.

your becoming as bad as the skull and thats bad.

orangeman

Was he with Bellaghy in 2007 then ??
And was he being paid ?

Don't be so touchy about the subject - It's no big deal. ;)

theskull1

Quote from: Thastheball on January 03, 2008, 02:24:05 PM
Skull your hypocrisy is priceless....how much over the years has Dunloy  paid coaches to come in a give them a lift at various points. Now everyone wait for his blind ignorance.

Would you just like to point out my hypocrisy ttb? Then would you also like to point out what your position on this practice is? And do you like the idea that pog came up with?

Yes Dunloy has used (Non GAA) qualified physical coaches to come in and prepare teams as no one was available within the club with the right knowledge to do it properly. Just like we pay for our physios and and other facilitators to the team. These people had to qualify to do what they do and it could not be done by anybody at this stage without the proper courses being made available. In time I would hope these people are not needed, but for now yes we do use them. A manager is very different or should I say should be seen differently to all these facilitators. He should be a representative of the club administration and volunteer his services to this task just like the players do.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Maximus Marillius

Orangman...I think I'm more pissed at skull than you. i have just replied to one of his posts and you got it in the head also. I'm counting from 1 to 100 ;) :D

theskull1

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 03, 2008, 06:33:33 PM
Orangman...I think I'm more pissed at skull than you. i have just replied to one of his posts and you got it in the head also. I'm counting from 1 to 100 ;) :D

Still not answering questions Max

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman