Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Most wide open Ulster club championship in years. I think everyone apart from Roslea will fancy they could win this outright
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 03, 2013, 09:33:34 PM
Heard the referee had a blinder too, for Roslea.

I was at the game. You heard wrong. 50/50 the man done ok
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

rodney trotter

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 03, 2013, 09:39:14 PM

Suppose a neutral would be a better person to give a view as you're from Fermanagh, but fair enough.

sammymaguire

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 03, 2013, 09:45:33 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on November 03, 2013, 09:39:14 PM

Suppose a neutral would be a better person to give a view as you're from Fermangh, but fair enough.

A Roslea man got a red. The only thing I can think of was if the penalty at the death was outside the area but for a Tyrone man, he done a decent job
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

naka

Quote from: general_lee on November 03, 2013, 09:07:59 PM
Every day that goes by Jamie Clarke looks more interested in becoming a well-travelled and maverick fashionista; and less interested in playing football with Crossmaglen and Armagh.
Fair play to him
He is a young guy enjoying himself

rodney trotter

Fair enough I heard different, but best of luck to Roslea in the next round. Should be a good battle with Glenswilly.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

our_fella

Not taking anything away from the game in Newry, but mother of God!! How many Kilcoo players went down holding their face, after getting little to no contact in that area at all.. Best example was Kilcoo no5, scored the last minute free, then runs straight into the back of Cross #11, then falls down clutching his face?? And he wasnt the only one, Thon laverty lad is an embarrassment to watch.

From last years final cross are missing/lost

Paul Kernan
James Morgan
Bobo Finnegan
Aaron Kernan
Aaron cunningham
Jamie Clarke
Oisin....

Not a bad result for the Cross B team!

supersub

Quote from: general_lee on November 03, 2013, 09:07:59 PM
Every day that goes by Jamie Clarke looks more interested in becoming a well-travelled and maverick fashionista; and less interested in playing football with Crossmaglen and Armagh.

...he's a 23 year old lad who has interest outside of football, wow. He's played many an important game and achieved a lot already in his short career, so what if he takes himself off for a few months. In 10 years when he has played and probably won several more championship medals will anyone care or remember where he was today? Footballing talent will always shine through, lad is gifted.

BennyCake

Jamie Clarke is a class act. He's a young lad wanting to do a bit of travelling, probably before he settles into a full time job, mortgage, a nagging wife, kids roaring 24/7 etc etc. Good luck to him.

He's been on the go for about 4 years non stop. The break will be good for him. He'll come back better than ever.

Feckitt

Quote from: AFS on November 04, 2013, 12:18:42 AM

Johnny Hanratty might have the best shouldering technique in the country. Two more superb efforts today.

I'll never forget the day that All-Ireland Champions St Gall's came to Crossmaglen to defend their title.  The standout moment of a great game was Johnny Hanratty hitting Aodhan Gallagher the most unbelievable shoulder ever!!

Well yesterday in extra time, a Kilcoo man was tearing out of defence at 90mph, and Johnny dropped the shoulder and sent his back a good 10 metres.  It did the heart  good to see such manly skills perfected with such strength and courage by Hanratty.

NP 76

Maybe I was thinking of 2 different instances of johnny hanratty but the one where young o Hanlon ran out at pace he was hit square on into the chest not much manly about that and his other big hit was on Anthony devlin as he bend to pick up a ball resulting in devlin having to leave the field. I for one wouldn't class these as great shoulders not unlike some of the hits yesterday that were top drawer

Milltown Row2

What a wastefull display in front of the posts for us yesterday, we put 3 wide from the 21 dropped 3 into keepers hands from not far out and hit another 9/10 wides.

The amount of possession Glenswilly gave us and we lost by 3 points is criminal. Murphy scored a wonder point in the second half followed by a 45 straight over the bar. Took his penalty well, on the penalty incident I was directly behind the goal when Murphy went down, he'd got possession but was in the process of going down before Andy had a hand on his back, was very soft to be fair and for a big man he went down very easily ;)

That's us for another year, very disappointing as a supporter and the lads are gutted. That's a few times we have kicked ourselves out of these games

Glenswilly took their chances, I think they maybe hit 2 wides. Wish them all the best in the next round
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

donelli

Are the semi-finals played at the home county venue or a neutral county venue??

brokencrossbar1