Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: timmyot501 on November 03, 2013, 06:58:47 PM
Was in clones today. Scotstown were unlucky enough. A few strange decisions. Gilligan scored a free which myself and a few around me felt was wide. There was also a ball given as a line ball that was no way over the line. Another dodgy sludden decision. That said it was a decent enough contest. Scotstown struggled around the middle which prob cost them most and taking Corrigan off was very strange as he was winning most of the ball that came his way.

Was there myself. Honestly think that Scotstown must be kicking themselves. 4 points up with 15 mins left and they just seemed to panic. Ballinderry showed all their experience and just did enough to grind it out. I wouldn't be blaming the ref too much either although you're spot on about the line ball - it was never out. I'd like to see D Hughes dissallowed goal again - was the ball out beforehand ? Also his shot against the bar - if that goes in then its game over. Scotstown are a young team and a few of them didn't rise to it in the same way as the county final. If they can retain Monaghan then they'll really build from today and kick on next year.

charlieTully

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 03, 2013, 06:17:40 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 03, 2013, 05:56:05 PM
Kilcoo were also forced into making a number of changes with key men having to come off. I didn't realise that AK, PK and Jamie Clarke equated to a third of the Cross team?

Add in James Morgan and Aaron Cunningham and there is a third of the team. 

Anyway, I won't say too much at this stage as it is just half time.  The team that recovers physically the best will win the replay, an awful lot of hits today(clean and not so clean).   Either team could have won it but the draw was probably the truest result over the 80 minutes.

what was your opinion on the ref BC,? a few boys on facebook from Cross saying he was a joke.

Oglach

I would agree, i thought the ref kept Cross in the game with easy frees!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: charlieTully on November 03, 2013, 08:07:03 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 03, 2013, 06:17:40 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 03, 2013, 05:56:05 PM
Kilcoo were also forced into making a number of changes with key men having to come off. I didn't realise that AK, PK and Jamie Clarke equated to a third of the Cross team?

Add in James Morgan and Aaron Cunningham and there is a third of the team. 

Anyway, I won't say too much at this stage as it is just half time.  The team that recovers physically the best will win the replay, an awful lot of hits today(clean and not so clean).   Either team could have won it but the draw was probably the truest result over the 80 minutes.

what was your opinion on the ref BC,? a few boys on facebook from Cross saying he was a joke.

I thought he was poor in some respects as he let an awful lot go which should have been pulled but he let us away with some stuff as well. He could have sent one or two off but I will keep my counsel on some incidents for now.  He was not a determining factor though. 

SHEEDY

Quote from: Oglach on November 03, 2013, 08:21:48 PM
would agree. thought kilcoo were hard done by on a number of occasions. cross got a few handy enough frees to keep them in it. although overall I thought the ref did well, as there was a lot of heavy hits given out by both teams.
nil satis nisi optimum

armaghniac

The ref let a lot go and there were several instances where he could have given frees, but this applies to both sides.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

get up there

Quote from: Oglach on November 03, 2013, 08:21:48 PM
wrong! any player out there today earned a free!

5 Sams

Quote from: orangeman on November 03, 2013, 06:29:15 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 03, 2013, 06:27:45 PM
AK was a big lose today and as you say general lee his calmness and leadership would have been very important at key times.  Anway, still in the pot and things willbe different next weekIthink.

AK and CUnningham back next week ?

When is Jamie Clarke back ?

When the game was in the mix in extra time Jamie was tweeting about his breakfast in Manhattan. WTF.
The Aristocrat Years

general_lee

Every day that goes by Jamie Clarke looks more interested in becoming a well-travelled and maverick fashionista; and less interested in playing football with Crossmaglen and Armagh.

FermGael

Congratulations to Roslea today. Well deserved and about time a fermanagh club made the break through again at this level.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Captain Obvious

Current outright odds

Crossmaglen (5/4), Glenswilly (11/4), Ballinderry (10/3), Kilcoo (5), Roslea (16)

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

rodney trotter

Heard the referee had a blinder too, for Roslea.

FermPundit

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.