Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Don't know - either it was before my time or just can't remember
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

LackenLegend

Yeah he's handy enough alright. I read a good one there too. www.anglocelt.ie/articles/2/35752. It gives a fair account of what is happening and the post match analysis.
Timmmmy!

mylestheslasher

I could give his username but that would be akin to outing the man. He wouldn't like that. Last time he was here he was treatening to report me for abusing the legendary stephen king.

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 05, 2009, 03:55:37 PM
I could give his username but that would be akin to outing the man. He wouldn't like that. Last time he was here he was treatening to report me for abusing the legendary stephen king.

Ahh sure there's no need for that... If a man wanted to put his name out here he would... Mind you it wouldn't be too hard to figure out or at least narrow down, who a few boys are, myself included

mylestheslasher

I'd say he is keeping an eye out for our tremendous opinions of the matches and the like even though he hasn't been on here since last in a few months. Are Cavan playing a challenge against Mayo next weekend?

anglocelt39

Ah yes Myles, your scurrious attacks on our former leader those were the days. I remember you being threathened with damnation by a sometimes visitor to the site, did the lad in question and Stephen once scribble for the same sheet (Cavan Echo) which might explain a few things?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

And what about the banishing of the Hollowhead man. I better stop this before it gets out of hand!

cavan4ever

I though everyone here knew who the the Bottom Brick is .

cavan4ever

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 05, 2009, 04:13:52 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 05, 2009, 03:55:37 PM

Ahh sure there's no need for that... If a man wanted to put his name out here he would... Mind you it wouldn't be too hard to figure out or at least narrow down, who a few boys are, myself included

Ive been trying to do that since you starting posting!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 05, 2009, 07:40:42 PM

So much for not "outing" the man! He might out you in next weeks Celt :D

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 05, 2009, 09:07:24 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on February 05, 2009, 07:40:42 PM

So much for not "outing" the man! He might out you in next weeks Celt :D

Im safe enough i think another poster "outed" him months ago.

BallyhaiseMan

think that poster was me  :D
doubt Brick cares,he hasnt posted in nearly a year,anyway hes one of the
as for guessing the identities of posters here,
i only know who Boojangles is,Nobody else.
Be Careful lads, or some of ye might be getting a few slaps outside the imperial for something ya post.  ;D

anglocelt39

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 06, 2009, 12:08:50 AM
think that poster was me  :D
doubt Brick cares,he hasnt posted in nearly a year,anyway hes one of the
as for guessing the identities of posters here,
i only know who Boojangles is,Nobody else.
Be Careful lads, or some of ye might be getting a few slaps outside the imperial for something ya post.  ;D

I think if the identities of the posters became common knowledge it's a life ban from the Imperial rather than a few slaps outside it is what would be the order of the day by now.............................

Had an interesting conversation with a work colleague this morning whose son is involved in the Tipperary football panel (our next game I think). "So it's route one into the full forward line with you lot then" was the jist of what he had to say, not surprising really. We might cope with that approach from Tipp but we need to have something a bit more sorted by the time Down are taking route one into Benny and co. Think Mark McKeever or whoever ends up in our half forward line could be spending a lot of time in the space between our  numbers 3 and 6.

Couldn't agree more with the poster who made the point about needing defenders who can actually defend as opposed to being good when they get the ball in hand, on that basis maybe McCutcheon is worth a look in the Full back line. Anybody know what the situation is with M Hannon-injured or travelling or what. Have a lot of time for him and think he was hung out to dry a bit in the championship over the past two years.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Celt_Man

I think if the identities of the posters became common knowledge it's a life ban from the Imperial rather than a few slaps outside it is what would be the order of the day

Couldn't agree more with the poster who made the point about needing defenders who can actually defend as opposed to being good when they get the ball in hand, on that basis maybe McCutcheon is worth a look in the Full back line. Anybody know what the situation is with M Hannon-injured or travelling or what. Have a lot of time for him and think he was hung out to dry a bit in the championship over the past two years.
[/quote]

Twas myself.... Hannon had a big operation on his groin around Christmas time and I think is able to start joggin again in the next couple of weeks.  I believe he is another of the likely lads whose form will be monitored by the county set up.

descartes

QuoteHannon had a big operation on his groin around Christmas time and I think is able to start jogging again in the next couple of weeks.  I believe he is another of the likely lads whose form will be monitored by the county set up.

i believe it was actually his second operation in a year, someone close to the panel told me he's been in trouble with his groin for the last 2 years, apparently he wasn't really able to train last year at all, and only played the games at the weekends. I heard he'd failed a few times trying to come back from this latest operation, but that things have been going better for him these past few weeks. Even still, despite his injury trouble i thought himself and Dermot Sheridan were excellent against kildare last year in the championshp, only to be badly let down by the half back line, and an out of sorts midfield (that is untill walsh came on, and flanagan moved back in the 2nd half.) Would like to see these two in there again at some stage this year, partnerships and a good understanding among colleagues can be just as important as individual talent when it comes to getting a solid functioning fullback line.