Russophobia

Started by Angelo, February 15, 2021, 03:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Great to see Clare Daly's speech to the EU last week about how Western propaganda is consistently spread in by the political classes and media outlets of capitalist states.

Navalny seems to be the last thug the US are trying to use to act as an unsettling force in a state with vast natural resources.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

This is a good one, expect it to go well Angelo.

Something Vlad himself has put out there recently from our ever so reliable friends at Sky

https://news.sky.com/video/vladimir-putin-suggests-alexei-navalny-is-being-used-by-the-west-12218177

The rumours of Putin demise were also it appear, premature.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 15, 2021, 03:49:49 PM

Something Vlad himself has put out there recently from our ever so reliable friends at Sky

https://news.sky.com/video/vladimir-putin-suggests-alexei-navalny-is-being-used-by-the-west-12218177

If you look at the course of history Russia has nearly always been on the right side in any great conflict.

When the yanks were busy arming and supporting the likes of Saddam, Bin Laden, ISIS, Pinochet etc Russia were railing against that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 03:59:40 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 15, 2021, 03:49:49 PM

If you look at the course of history Russia has nearly always been on the right side in any great conflict.

When the yanks were busy arming and supporting the likes of Saddam, Bin Laden, ISIS, Pinochet etc Russia were railing against that.

More importantly how are they getting on with Covid? Are their numbers correct? And during the 17/18 flu winter was their any excess deaths?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

A link to Clare Daly's speech mentioned earlier. Well worth a minute and a half of your time.

https://twitter.com/dikkenf12/status/1359575467200827404

It's great to see the left in the EU bringing this issue or Russophobia to light. The western propaganda regarding Russia must stop, it is nothing short of blatant racism and those who engage in it should be called out for the racists they are.

PadraicHenryPearse

is the use of the words racism and racists correct here?

Angelo

bennydorano

I would have thought the previous 10 page thread about Russia would have sufficed?

No doubt you're trying to bait Sid.

armaghniac

An American and a Russian are arguing about which country has more freedom. The American says, "I can walk right up to the White House and shout 'Down with Donald Trump!' and nothing bad will happen to me." The Russian replies, "Guess what? I can walk in front of Kremlin and shout 'Down with Donald Trump!' and nothing will happen to me either."
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on February 15, 2021, 06:30:37 PM
I would have thought the previous 10 page thread about Russia would have sufficed?

No doubt you're trying to bait Sid.

I think Russophobia is a very relevant topic, do you not find the commentary driven by the right wing media of the Western states to be utterly disgraceful?

Time and time again we have heard from the West about the dangers of Russia, I'll tell you this if you have any comprehension of history or current affairs you will find that the Russians have generally been on the right side of the wars and conflicts.

When you look at the middle east and the role of The West, arming the likes of Saddam, Bin Laden, ISIS in recent years. You look at the West in Central America and South America, consistently putting blood thirsty fascist dictators in place. You look at the role of the west in Africa, more blood thirsty puppet figures in control so they can pillage natural resources. There's a trend here, the west consistently meddle in the affairs of foreign countries, put in their puppet figure, usually some tyrannical fascist nutjob who will implement American policy until such time as they go rogue and America again goes meddling to put in another puppet figure.

The way I see it.

Iran - good guys - Russian support, American opposition
Saudi - bad guys - Russian opposition, American support
Israel - bad guys - Russian opposition, American support
Palestine - good guys - Russian support, American opposition
Cuba - good guys - Russian support, American opposition
etc etc

Yet the Western media is always in full on propaganda mode.

Look at the propaganda between Putin and Obama in the West. Putin is portrayed as a tyrant while Obama is viewed as a groundbreaking statesman.

Russophobia is a major problem in Western Society, would you not agree?

seafoid

Putin is a tyrant.
I wouldn't have much time for Obama either.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lenny

Quote from: armaghniac on February 15, 2021, 06:38:44 PM
An American and a Russian are arguing about which country has more freedom. The American says, "I can walk right up to the White House and shout 'Down with Donald Trump!' and nothing bad will happen to me." The Russian replies, "Guess what? I can walk in front of Kremlin and shout 'Down with Donald Trump!' and nothing will happen to me either."

Putin would not be happy with anyone insulting agent Trump.

five points

Putin is indeed a tyrant but compared to Russian tyrants throughout history, he's one of the more benign ones. I hope and pray that his successor will be likewise. I don't expect much improvement. It's a terribly dysfunctional country.

Angelo

I see people are still being fooled by Western propaganda.

Who did the Kurds side with in the middle east? The Russians and Syria? Why, because when it comes to Obama and Putin, it's the Russians that have far, far more integrity.

Some of you guys really need to open your minds and learn some history. We have an awful lot to be grateful for Russia down the years that have fought bravely against American fascism.

Milltown Row2

Putin seems to have done well, for himself, estimated at 70 billion..

Does he share that out? Or is Communism finished?

As for Covid they have nearly 40k deaths less than the uk. They must be doing something right, like India
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea