Meath vs Dublin - Leinster final - the day before the fair.

Started by thejuice, June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

The is probably the smallest crowd of people in Croker at the end of the final to see a Dublin Captain lift the Delaney Cup?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Where are the GAA going to get the money to fund their golden child?

balladmaker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 23, 2019, 05:51:33 PM
Professionals v amateurs. Super 8 will be more of the same.

National problem.

When I watched the 'CEO' of Dublin GAA interviewed today, it said a lot ... Professionals v Amateurs as you've rightly said.  Going to have to start a Dublin handicap system to give teams a chance.

J70

Colm Parkinson's idea of the Dubs versus the spread has a lot of merit in terms of where the suspense and tension lies in Dublin matches.

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2019, 05:58:50 PM
Colm Parkinson's idea of the Dubs versus the spread has a lot of merit in terms of where the suspense and tension lies in Dublin matches.

Hahaha. I was thinking about that in the second half

orangeman

Meath got a harsh lesson. Dublin on a different planet to the rest.

9 in a row Leinsters and counting.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:51:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 05:47:00 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:38:55 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:24:11 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 04:27:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 04:21:48 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

Seriously? You're comparing those two incidents

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So going down holding the face dispite there being no actual contact to the face is not comparable? Your embarrassing yourself now. Put your hands up, admit he dived and move on

You're the one embarrassing yourself fella. Now why don't you put your hands up, admit the two incidents are incomparable, and head to your bed

Are some dives more acceptable than other dives?

Mannion didn't dive did he? He was actually push to the ground. He grabbed his face when he wasn't hit on the face but he didn't dive
#

He dived, he went down holding his face when his face wasn't even touched. He tried to get his opponent sent off by making it look like they did something worse than they did. Those are all the parallels of the McCann incident, the motive, the deception, the action - it's cheating but the hypocrisy and double standards around it seem to be dictated by the team the player plays for.

Now, I'll ask again - are some dives more acceptable than other dives?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 23, 2019, 05:49:43 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 23, 2019, 05:47:08 PM
As a Dub, that was one of the most depressing sporting spectacles I have ever witnessed

A silent, half-empty Croke Park, a dank wet day, and the most pathetic forward performance I've ever seen at this level

July 6th, 1991 is a long, long time ago

Ah, don't be sad ye have won 9 in a row! Go out on the town and celebrate. This is all from your superior voluntary coaching. It's a day to be proud of!
I find it interesting that you blame Dublin rather than their opposition

Meath is a county with 200,000 people, a great football tradition and they are well located economically

They have effectively given up the ghost in terms of competing

This is not Dublin's fault

Dublin weren't even much good today

Donegal will cause them serious bother

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 06:23:00 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So going down holding the face dispite there being no actual contact to the face is not comparable? Your embarrassing yourself now. Put your hands up, admit he dived and move on

You're the one embarrassing yourself fella. Now why don't you put your hands up, admit the two incidents are incomparable, and head to your bed

Mannion didn't dive did he? He was actually push to the ground. He grabbed his face when he wasn't hit on the face but he didn't dive
#

He dived, he went down holding his face when his face wasn't even touched. He tried to get his opponent sent off by making it look like they did something worse than they did. Those are all the parallels of the McCann incident, the motive, the deception, the action - it's cheating but the hypocrisy and double standards around it seem to be dictated by the team the player plays for.

And I will answer again, he didn't dive. The Meath lad grabbed him by the collar of his shirt push him back and shoved him to the ground. That's not a dive is it?

thejuice

We haven't given up the ghost by any means. These players and the management have burst a gut this year to get into division 1, to get into a Leinster final and to reach the super 8's. There's been big overhaul of our underage structure recently. It's quite the opposite actually the problem is we started far too late because we were a successful county whose county boards didn't see the chasm opening up ahead of them in the late 90's.

The fact of the matter is I honestly don't think any team in Leinster can close that gap if Dublin stay at the level they are at, with all the best will in the world it's never going to happen. The resources in terms of playing numbers, financial support, top level facilities and probably a whole lot of other factors. Unless football in Dublin dies from sheer boredom that gap won't be closed. That applies to a lot of the other counties. Kerry and Donegal aren't going to challenge Dublin either.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 06:32:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 06:23:00 PM

#

And I will answer again, he didn't dive. The Meath lad grabbed him by the collar of his shirt push him back and shoved him to the ground. That's not a dive is it?

He didn't dive?

I'll disagree with that and I don't believe youwhen you say he didn't dive so I'll put it this way to you:

Was it simulation? Did he try to get his opponent sent off by means of deception? Do you believe Mannion did nothing wrong?

Are some acts of simulation more acceptable than other acts of simulations?

sid waddell

Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 06:41:05 PM
We haven't given up the ghost by any means. These players and the management have burst a gut this year to get into division 1, to get into a Leinster final and to reach the super 8's. There's been big overhaul of our underage structure recently. It's quite the opposite actually the problem is we started far too late because we were a successful county whose county boards didn't see the chasm opening up ahead of them in the late 90's.

The fact of the matter is I honestly don't think any team in Leinster can close that gap if Dublin stay at the level they are at, with all the best will in the world it's never going to happen. The resources in terms of playing numbers, financial support, top level facilities and probably a whole lot of other factors. Unless football in Dublin dies from sheer boredom that gap won't be closed. That applies to a lot of the other counties. Kerry and Donegal aren't going to challenge Dublin either.

Donegal and Mayo have smaller populations and much worse economic conditions than Meath and they've been challenging and beating Dublin this decade.

Top level sport is a brutal business.

Counties might think their teams are putting in a big effort, but that effort has to be spread between the team, the management, administrators, paid coaches and volunteers.

To be fair, it does take years to bear fruit, even Dublin found that, but the reality is that counties with smaller populations and less favourable circumstances than Meath have challenged and beaten Dublin this decade, and counties with populations of 60k have won provincial titles.

You look at yourself first and think what more can be done. In the case of Meath, the answer is: a lot.

There is far too much willingness within the GAA, and I'm aiming this in a general sense rather than at any particular county, to blame other people for their woes.

imtommygunn

Donegal caught them on the hop. They never challenged them again.

Wildweasel74

Angel would u f**k off onto some other forum. U literally a plague on here. He was pushed over and went down holding his face. Just made a dick of himself just like u do on here.

Angelo

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 23, 2019, 07:05:09 PM
Angel would u f**k off onto some other forum. U literally a plague on here. He was pushed over and went down holding his face. Just made a dick of himself just like u do on here.

So your outrage is fake?

I'm just calling out a few double standards and you're getting very ratty about that being in the spotlight.

If you don't like that darling, well that's just too bad.