Frack off !

Started by orangeman, August 12, 2014, 11:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28752425

DUP aren't happy. Sammy is up in arms. What was in it for the DUP ? Everybody else seem to be opposed.

Any USA based posters care to contribute on the US experience ?.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: orangeman on August 12, 2014, 11:36:01 AM

DUP aren't happy. Sammy is up in arms. What was in it for the DUP ? Everybody else seem to be opposed.

Any USA based posters care to contribute on the US experience ?.
I would be interested to know how many of the protestors are basing their objection on sound judgement and not on anti-fracking propaganda like Gasland or Promised Land. The same objectors probably thought Sean Quinn's quarries were a great idea.

Orior

Stupid decision to postpose the exploratory drill. If the whole world took that same stance we would still be in the Iron Age.

I was interested to hear Sammy Wilson from the DUP on the radio this morning - how does their version of the bible and creation account for oil and gas? Oh wait, God planted it there.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Now the only threat to the environment and people of Fermanagh is Seamus Quigley!

theticklemister

Puckoon

They started fracking for the first time in Nevada earlier this year between Wells and Elko. For a state with water availability issues, and pretty regular, if small, earthquake activity, it isn't being very well received.

thebigfella

magpie seanie

Quote from: Orior on August 12, 2014, 01:53:55 PM
Stupid decision to postpose the exploratory drill. If the whole world took that same stance we would still be in the Iron Age.

I was interested to hear Sammy Wilson from the DUP on the radio this morning - how does their version of the bible and creation account for oil and gas? Oh wait, God planted it there.

Why was it stupid? Are you sure fracking is 100% safe? I've read a bit about it and I'm not convinced it is at all safe. I certainly don't want it being done in Fermanagh. In the middle of a desert maybe but not 40 miles up the road from me.

T Fearon

Dont know what the fuss is? It's not as if Fermanagh hasn't a history of big explosions is it?

God14

Quote from: T Fearon on August 12, 2014, 04:05:14 PM
Dont know what the fuss is? It's not as if Fermanagh hasn't a history of big explosions is it?

That's a bit Nasty Tony!

Mac hinery

Over the Bar

Fracking will generate Billions if not trillions so it wouldn't matter if old people and children died in the process, it will go ahead regardless.

theticklemister

Orior

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 12, 2014, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 12, 2014, 01:53:55 PM

Why was it stupid? Are you sure fracking is 100% safe? I've read a bit about it and I'm not convinced it is at all safe. I certainly don't want it being done in Fermanagh. In the middle of a desert maybe but not 40 miles up the road from me.

The request was to drill one exploratory bore hole, in an abandoned quarry. No worse that someone drilling a water well. The result of the exploration would tell us whether the whole thing is plausible or not.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tyroneman

Quote from: orangeman on August 12, 2014, 11:36:01 AM

Could it be anything to do with 54 acres of land.....?