Mc Geeney number 1

Started by orangeman, July 16, 2014, 11:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinker

Quote from: orangeman on July 16, 2014, 11:10:38 AM

Armagh pulled off a surprise three-point win over Armagh last weekend and now face Roscommon in round 3B of the All-Ireland qualifiers.

Indeed.

armaghniac

QuoteArmagh pulled off a surprise three-point win over Armagh last weekend and now face Roscommon in round 3B of the All-Ireland qualifiers.

McGeeney's Armagh outclassed Grimley's Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

McGeeney will be manager by Saturday evening.

naka

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2014, 12:23:26 PM
😉
Think a fitting legacy for grimley will be us getting to croker  for the quarters it will be a kick in the teeth for that know it all brolly.

haveaharp

Quote from: naka on July 16, 2014, 12:47:12 PM

Think a fitting legacy for grimley will be us getting to croker  for the quarters it will be a kick in the teeth for that know it all brolly.

I have an awful feeling in the water that if we manage to beat Roscommon it could be the Dubs next. Think Meath are going to put it up to them

naka

If we get past the Rossies then a trip to croker means a good year for Armagh
Although the Rossies will be a hard task.

Syferus

Quote from: haveaharp on July 16, 2014, 12:50:05 PM

I have an awful feeling in the water that if we manage to beat Roscommon it could be the Dubs next. Think Meath are going to put it up to them

Meath aren't going to trouble Dublin.

Meath winning would also likely mean a R4B draw so there would no gartentee the winners in the Hyde would play the Leinster losers.

yellowcard

Quote from: haveaharp on July 16, 2014, 12:50:05 PM

Meath will do well to get within 6 points of Dublin and simply do not have the players to beat them.

Ulick

Was thinking the same about Armagh and Tyrone this time last week.

yellowcard

Quote from: Ulick on July 16, 2014, 02:08:45 PM

So was I.

illdecide

If Kildare had of played any instead of just 10-15 Mins in 2nd half they would have beaten Meath. Meath will put it up to Dublin for a while and then Dublin will beat them by 8-10pts at least... If Armagh are lucky enough to beat Roscommon and I'm sure Roscommon will say the same as me they/we'll be happy enough to play Meath...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Syferus

Quote from: Ulick on July 16, 2014, 02:08:45 PM

Comparing a chugging Tyrone team with a well-oiled Dublin team with a second team that would push Meath isn't comparing like for like. Armagh always had a far better chance against Tyrone than Meath have against Dublin.

LCohen

The story is a load of balls. No deal done.

yellowcard

Quote from: LCohen on July 16, 2014, 08:08:21 PM
The story is a load of balls. No deal done.

I think most people know it's a load of balls but it wouldn't take a genius to make the assumption that McGeeney will take over at the end of this year. Grimley will be stepping aside but it will be up to McGeeney whether he wants the job after that.

The Irish News have been blacklisted by Armagh and I suspect this is their way of trying to get back at Grimley and the management team a few days before an important match. Paper never refuses ink but I would never trust an article that uses the phrase 'a source'. Tabloid reporting at its worst.