Ulster Under 21 Football Club Championship (at Creggan)

Started by drici, December 12, 2010, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

What an achievement for the club yesterday to win the ulster u21 championship. We have played some great football over the competition but our best football has been reserved for the second half of all the games and especially in the second half yesterday where we steam rolled Truagh, who had a serious breeze on their back. We were two up at half time having played with that serious breeze, for most teams that would have been their death nail, due to not having put up enough on the board with that breeze on their backs, but for these lads it mattered not, as with the semi final, our best was for the second half against the elements. Those lads have got some bottle about them that is equally matched with some quality footballers. We were 9 up with two minutes on the clock when we conceded a poor goal  to win by 6 points. Another great evening back at the club, it has been some twelve months, and it's worthing making the best of it, cause all good things come to an end, and as we all know every season is not the same as the last, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

crookes

I seen Clonoe people saying that was their second Ulster U21 Club title. When did they win a first one?
Where Crookes is, there is light.

Club Rossa

Up The Middle

2001 was the 1st,the competition wasnt run down at Creggan, im not sure which club was running it that year. It probably wasnt a officially recognised competition by the Ulster council but we beat the best teams in Ulster, going to 2 periods of extra time in the final against Slaughtneil, so you better believe we recognise it within the club.

Great 2nd half on Saturday, a lot of our younger players really stood up and were counted.

Its a new season now so what we won last year is in the past, time to move on and ensure we emulate the success of last season.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Any craic

Here's some of Clonoe's best scores, mainly when playing into the breeze which is a feature of their game.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqHiLJF_XPE

bigtogs

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 10, 2014, 08:40:15 AMNot 100% sure but I think Clonoe won it in 2001.

was 2002 beat St Galls in the final in Greenlough

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Walter Cronc

The Cavan representatives are made up from 3 clubs....what a farce!

Itchy

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Itchy on December 30, 2014, 07:55:47 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 30, 2014, 07:51:20 PM

Why is it a farce?

Touched a nerve itchy. Looking forward to Thursday?

redzone

Quote from: Itchy on December 30, 2014, 07:55:47 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 30, 2014, 07:51:20 PM

Why is it a farce?
who are the three clubs? surely if they are three small rural clubs then there shouldn't be a prob.wouldnt be surprised if the gaels are involved

DownFanatic

I'll reiterate my comments from the minor club championship thread.

The fact that this competition contains an amalgamation that contains three clubs once again goes against what a "club" championship is all about.

Itchy

St Josephs are the amalgamation. Arva, Killeshandra and Drumlane.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on December 30, 2014, 08:54:15 PM
Cavan sending their county u21s to this? Not a bad idea.

About 2 or maybe 3 would be on the county u21 team. On a side note, why is a huge county like Antrim with a big city so shite at all levels of the GAA? Maybe you should consider that before you worry too much about Cavan.