Ulster Under 21 Football Club Championship (at Creggan)

Started by drici, December 12, 2010, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddy g

Remaining fixtures

Sun 9th Feb @ 12.30 Q/F St Peters Warrenpoint v Assan Gaels

Sun 16th Feb @ 12.30 Q/F St Patricks Cullyhanna v Truagh Gaels
Sun 16th Feb @ 2.15 Q/F Clonoe O'Rahillys v Kilcar

Draw for semifinals will take place after last quarter final

2 x Semifinals set for Sun 23rd Feb 12.30 and 2.15

Final set for Sat 1st March (time tbc)

(Creggan host Waterford on Sunday 2nd March)

elk

orangeman

crookes

I see it's a double header at Creggan this Sunday.

What are your predictions? They should be two decent games..

Cullyhanna (As they have played there before and done pretty well) and Clonoe for me!
Where Crookes is, there is light.

Brick Tamlin

Warrenpoint will win this tournament.
Just a prediction.
Worth a punt.

elk

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on February 18, 2014, 08:48:47 AM
Just a prediction.
Worth a punt.

Believe Warrenpoint struggled to put away an average Assan Gaels team. The Tyrone champs for me. Hopefully the weather will be kind for Sunday

bannside

Clonoe v Warrenpoint 12.30
Portglenone v Truagh Gaels 2.15
Both on Sunday.

orangeman

rodney trotter

Quote from: elk on February 18, 2014, 09:15:03 AM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on February 18, 2014, 08:48:47 AM
Just a prediction.
Worth a punt.

Believe Warrenpoint struggled to put away an average Assan Gaels team. The Tyrone champs for me. Hopefully the weather will be kind for Sunday

Assan Gaels were missing 5 of the side that won the Co title in December through injury and other commitments. Crazy time of the year for this competition

Brick Tamlin

So who are the main men on these teams that are left then.
There must be some county minors, senior players, Ulster Colleges stars etc involved.

crookes

Daniel McKenna seems to be Truagh Gaels sharp shooter. He had a stint on the Monaghan Senior team and has a Ulster Colleges All Star I think
Where Crookes is, there is light.

Knock Yer Mucker In

We were delighted with the lads last Sunday. We lined without our best forward Danny Mc Nulty who got hurt playing for Tyrone in the Mc Kenna Cup. It would be a great bonus if we could get him on the field for any part of the game.  Truagh have the momentum, after winning the intermediate All Ireland, they will have a very fit team, and it showed on Sunday past when they pulled away the last 10 mins of the game.

bannside

Think Clonoe and Warrenpoint will be tight enough.

Anyone fancy putting up what you think the odds should be to win outright?

elk

No one fancy Portglenone - they took a big scalp in the 1st round.

bannside

Does  anyone know how many of the Truagh U-21 team played in their  intermediate All Ireland success or in the build up to it?

They were comfortable enough against Cullyhanna at the weekend, and as KYMI says, they have a lot of momentum going into these semis.

Portglenone weren't fancied to be in the top four in Antrim, we might have been about fifth or sixth in the "perceived" pecking order. Great excitement around the town, we should bring a decent crowd with us on Sunday. Truagh probably a bridge too far - but sure we will go up and give it a lash. Great to get to this stage and every extra day is a bonus now.