Ulster Under 21 Football Club Championship (at Creggan)

Started by drici, December 12, 2010, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crookes

This does make sense, although when you get to an Ulster c'ship stage playing a mid week match destroys preparation which is very important.
Where Crookes is, there is light.

ck

This remains a nonsense tournament  placed at a very busy time of year. Ulster council should either run it or it should not be there. Ulster council have no balls from top to bottom and are full of yes men.

That all aside you can't blame the clubs for taking it seriously. If they qualify for it then you can't blame them for wanting to win it.

HiMucker

Ck why is it a nonsense tournament?  Because its not organised by the ulster council?
It would be a nonsense tournament if the clubs that qualified for it didn't take it serious.  And that would be the case no matter who ran it. Thats not the case.  clubs take it very seriously.  What is nonsense, is that a club has had to organise something which should have been done years ago by the GAA at provincial and national level.
The only problem I see is with the complete fixture schedule which really needs to be overhauled from top to bottom. 

bennydorano

crookes

Really strong Armagh Harps team, not sure if Ballinderry or Bryansford will be able to compete with them after seeing that!

Corkey22

Yes maybe I did miss the point a bit and I understand what your saying, personally I think it should be up to the players to prioritise what games they play, if there is a need to do so. However, your point happens all the time, its not only clubs that stop players playing games, but counties in particular as well as universities and colleges do the same. So in that respect, I think it is unfair to call the club a disgrace when it happens everywhere all the time

Any craic

Cracking goal for Bryansford today - https://vimeo.com/58827649

Cracking goal for Armagh Harps v Dromore today - https://t.co/CKd8OU33

Any craic

See three more goals from Dromore & Armagh Harps today at Creggan, by Sean Muldoon, Ryan McShane & Simon McCoy: https://vimeo.com/58829843

theticklemister

We'll see where the priorities lie when some players from these teams have county commitments in the NFL.

Throw ball

Quote from: theticklemister on February 03, 2013, 06:03:49 PM
We'll see where the priorities lie when some players from these teams have county commitments in the NFL.

Armagh did not play Declan McKenna against Laois despite having very few fit defenders so that he could play for Harps today.

theticklemister

Are the other qfs next week? I think derry r playing laois next week. The same prediciment will fall on ryan bell if the fixtures are correct.

crookes

After watching todays games i would be so surprised if there aren't any Bryansford U21 players already on the Down panel? Declan McKenna also must be on the Armagh panel?

crookes

Quote from: ApresMatch on February 03, 2013, 09:16:27 PM
How did Bryansford do?

They won by 3 I think in the end up. Their full forward scored almost everything. A lot of mistakes were made in their game but

Walter Cronc

How many of the Armagh Harps side played in the Ulster minor final last year??