Ulster Under 21 Football Club Championship (at Creggan)

Started by drici, December 12, 2010, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1life 1club

Quote from: The Worker on February 19, 2012, 07:52:59 PM
Who is tasker playing for now?
still a cullyhanna player..with armagh u21 squad..playing execptional at the moment
full forward son

healypark

Tough, tough match again for Omagh today. Showed great resolve to get the last point after Cullyhanna equalized. Quality young side in Cullyhanna coming through. Is Burren the only winners of this competition to date? The final against Mayobridge will be another nervy affair.

intheknowhow

Omagh were very lucky to beat Scotstown the last day too.

randomtask

Quote from: intheknowhow on February 19, 2012, 10:22:14 PM
Omagh were very lucky to beat Scotstown the last day too.

Omagh weren't lucky today, they ground out the result something which this team has done many times before. The final should be a cracker

amallon

Should be a good final.  We were flattered by the 8 point winning margin against a good Dungiven side.  Keith Quinn needed 15 stitches to his shin after a collision with the Dungiven keeper.  He bravely came back on later in the game but I don't know if he will make it next week.

Whatever the result on Sunday its been great to be involved in this well run tournament.  Well done to Colm McLarnon and his committee in Creggan they have done a super job.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Any craic

amallon

Some game of football from two fantastic teams.  Ronan O'Neill was the difference between the teams at the end.  How the Bridge missed Keith Quinn.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Any craic

Agreed on that, Mayobridge were excellent but Ronie was Ronie. They put two men on him and he still kicked the last two scores. Watch the winner here from O'Neill, beautifully balanced, using both feet and a great finish. http://tinyurl.com/6qm3mtm

Any craic

Maybe it's a bit out of sync to show this now but then again the weather is the same now as it was for the Tournament... Ronie O'Neill is different class for Omagh - http://tinyurl.com/bn7y7am

crookes

Ballinderry are likely to come through this weekends preliminary round, the quarter finals will be very interesting!!

What way do you think the quarter finals will go?

I think www.ulsteru21creggan.com is going to be updated during the games so we can see scores, photos and videos straight away.

Where Crookes is, there is light.

Any craic

Video: Ballinderry beat Donagh but are wary of Naomh Conaill. See interviews & goals here http://tinyurl.com/am948e8 Ryan Bell scores the first, he's some size of a young man.

stronghold

Think it is an absolute disgrace that some clubs are trying to stop young lads playing in the All Ireland Freshers Championship because of the Creggan Tournament. UUj, St Marys and Queens all without players today. Creggan have tried their best but the Ulster Council will have to deal with this mess as well.
Sort it out!

Corkey22

I don't understand how you can call it a disgrace. To be honest, if I was in the position I would far rather represent my club in an ulster tournament than for a uni match which I'd only have been a part of for 12 weeks

crookes

I have to agree with Corkey. Playing with lads you grow up with from no age and representing the place you live in an Ulster Championship is hard to compete against. I'm guessing the Ulster council give the fixtures the go ahead. I'm not sure you can call it a mess, after the McKenna Cup debacle this year I'm starting to think that the colleges football is getting snubbed for club/county football in Ulster anyway.
Where Crookes is, there is light.

stronghold

Your missing my point. Of course the lads should play with their club, but why can't they play their game for the Uni midweek like most players. If the younger players had a Mc Rory cup game they would be playing why not the University.