Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 22, 2023, 04:33:09 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 22, 2023, 03:27:18 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 02:01:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 01:08:39 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 12:59:00 PM
The truth in all of this is that any man wanting to compete in a women's sport is mentally unwell. But you're not allowed to say that because mental health and feelings.
This issue isn't going away and Men who want to play in women's sports need to get ready for a scrutiny that will rightly come their way.

That's the "truth", is it?

Homosexuality was medically a mental illness until the 70s and remained criminalized in Ireland for another 15 years after that.

I'm sure there were plenty crying about woke agendas and the collapse of civilization then too.

I am making one very small specific point about Men wanting to compete in Women's sport. You have lost the run of yourself talking about Homosexuality, woke agendas and the collapse of civilisation. This is exactly the problem with this debate. My point is very specific.

They aren't men tho

Just because The Big Bad Wolf identified as Red Riding Hoods granny doesn't mean it was
Debate over.

J70

So transsexuals are really all would-be villains out to deceive the innocent public?

Sophisticated debating all right there lads.

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 04:42:14 PM
So transsexuals are really all would-be villains out to deceive the innocent public?

I can identify as a f**king tree if i want, I'll still be as much of a tree as a man who identifies as a woman is one!

Milltown Row2

Be interesting to see the reactions of those that look at these differences when they turn up on their doorstep within their own family.

The world is not falling apart because of this, people have always felt different, they just hid it better or masked it and never did become the person they actually were.

We live in a society that is a lot more open, strange that people want to harp back to days when they 'dealt' with these actions differently

There is not a person out there that chooses to be different, being different exposes you to a harder life, bullying and so on.. They ain't doing it to get attention as what some headers think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah you can't seem to discuss this issue without nonsense round it.

The identity thing is fine. 

It's not a level playing field in womens sport would be my point - that would just be my view on it. Take an example of Semenya in the athletics (and I feel awful sorry for that poor woman) and how she wasn't allowed to compete. (I think she possibly then became allowed to but at longer distances). There was a significant difference there power wise. That is the kind of thing that would happen.

seafoid

Trans is much bigger than transsexuals. They would only be a small percentage of the overall group.

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 04:21:04 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on February 22, 2023, 04:15:29 PM
Sports could have 2 categories.
Open (accept all comers. People who identify as men, women, trans, cats, ...)
Women's (born female, went through female puberty, levels of hormones etc. within a range No Cocks Ever)

That would count you out

tonto1888

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 04:35:50 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on February 22, 2023, 04:33:09 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 22, 2023, 03:27:18 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 02:01:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 01:08:39 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 12:59:00 PM
The truth in all of this is that any man wanting to compete in a women's sport is mentally unwell. But you're not allowed to say that because mental health and feelings.
This issue isn't going away and Men who want to play in women's sports need to get ready for a scrutiny that will rightly come their way.

That's the "truth", is it?

Homosexuality was medically a mental illness until the 70s and remained criminalized in Ireland for another 15 years after that.

I'm sure there were plenty crying about woke agendas and the collapse of civilization then too.

I am making one very small specific point about Men wanting to compete in Women's sport. You have lost the run of yourself talking about Homosexuality, woke agendas and the collapse of civilisation. This is exactly the problem with this debate. My point is very specific.

They aren't men tho

Just because The Big Bad Wolf identified as Red Riding Hoods granny doesn't mean it was
Debate over.

In your little mind

tonto1888

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 21, 2023, 08:25:24 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 21, 2023, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2023, 08:21:10 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 21, 2023, 07:06:43 PM
Organisations are too afraid to stand up for themselves and roll over for this shit as they don't want to face the inevitable backlash. What world are we living in where the rights of a tiny majority now supersede those of the majority.

What rights are being superseded?
Are you being facetious or just stupid?

Tonto seems to be some sort of trans activist

I wouldn't say that mate. I know a few trans people. All of whom are wonderful. One in particular was very helpful to me when I first went to AA and to be honest with you, without her I may not be nearly 8 years sober. To see people here call them a lobby, call them sick, well it sickens me to be honest.

As for sports. I disagree with MTF trans people competing in combat sports full stop. Other sports I am not sure about but some of the scare stories about them are just that. Scare stories. As I've stated already I think there need to be checks and balances in place

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 04:46:08 PM

I can identify as a f**king tree if i want, I'll still be as much of a tree as a man who identifies as a woman is one!

Except that humans have a varying range of developmental, physiological and other factors which contribute to their gender identity, none of which have anything to do with trees.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2023, 04:57:21 PM
Be interesting to see the reactions of those that look at these differences when they turn up on their doorstep within their own family.

The world is not falling apart because of this, people have always felt different, they just hid it better or masked it and never did become the person they actually were.

We live in a society that is a lot more open, strange that people want to harp back to days when they 'dealt' with these actions differently

There is not a person out there that chooses to be different, being different exposes you to a harder life, bullying and so on.. They ain't doing it to get attention as what some headers think

It comes down to it hitting close to home, as always.

There are countless stories of politicians and so on being against homosexuality or abortion or whatever, often virulently so, until it happens to their own kid or relative. Then suddenly they're forced to deal with the fact that these are real people with real human issues or problems, not some faceless subhuman member of some out group they can use as a political football.

tonto1888

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 04:46:08 PM

It's cute that you think that's the same thing

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 08:32:04 PM

There are countless stories of politicians and so on being against homosexuality or abortion or whatever, often virulently so, until it happens to their own kid or relative. Then suddenly they're forced to deal with the fact that these are real people with real human issues or problems, not some faceless subhuman member of some out group they can use as a political football.
Homosexuality can be verified scientifically.
So can autism.
Transness can't.
There is no test for non binaryness

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2023, 08:52:55 PM

So can autism.
Transness can't.

And just how is homosexuality verified scientifically

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2023, 08:52:55 PM

So can autism.
Transness can't.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/stop-using-phony-science-to-justify-transphobia/