Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: naka on September 30, 2010, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: JMohan on September 30, 2010, 03:19:40 PM
Quote from: AFS on September 30, 2010, 12:17:50 PM
Donal Murtagh's take on it. Sounds like McGurn might be drawing up a few training programmes and the likes for the Clare boys. Nothing that should affect his work in Armagh too much.

QuoteMurtagh adamant McGurn will stay

Thursday September 30 2010

ARMAGH selector Donal Murtagh is confident that renowned fitness trainer Mike McGurn will remain with the Orchard County in 2011, despite reports linking him with Clare.

Former Ireland rugby team trainer McGurn served in an advisory capacity to Clare and Kilmurry-Ibrickane manager Micheal McDermott during the Banner County outfit's run to this year's All-Ireland Club final defeat against Antrim's St Gall's.

But the Crossmaglen Rangers man is mystified by the reports stating that McGurn, who will also train Anthony Tohill's International Rules team, is going to be part of Clare's set-up for next season.

"I was talking to (Armagh manager) Paddy O'Rourke at the weekend and he never mentioned a thing about Mike going to Clare. If that was the case, I'm sure that Paddy would have said something about it," Murtagh said.

"Mike lives in Belfast and with the distance involved in travelling, I'd say that working with Clare would be a non-runner for him. As far as I was aware, Mike was going to be with Armagh for a few years, and the only way I could see him being involved with Clare would be merely on an advisory basis."

Irish Independent

When I saw this first I thought he had gone to Clare after the fall out from the Dublin game where Dublin just blew Armagh away physically.

It must be just a nixer or something like that.
I would say he is trying to maximise income during the close season because he may be out of a job come next summer if the team doesnt shape up, i personally felt we weren`t in as good as shape as when mc closkey was about 
any news on the rumour hughie is pulling the plug on sponsoring the county and have we lined up anyone to replace justy mc nulty

I'd agree with the view that Armagh haven't been in as good a shape overall since McCluskeys time and yes, he possibly is trying to maximise income.
I'd heard this was to be HPM's last year any way
And no, no one lined up to replace Justy
And no, there is no intention to replace him either.

back off the net

I think its time paddy and donal went as well to be honest.

torres

Quote from: Legs11 on September 30, 2010, 03:11:34 PM
Quote from: hound of ulster on September 30, 2010, 11:01:01 AM
anyone know how the div2 games went last night?
Newtown beat the bridge by a point..bridge played all of there subs...
c eireann bt st peters

1life 1club

robbies playing sat.sweet..up the f**king pats ;D
full forward son

ogshead

blue

Did robbie get his red card overturned?

1life 1club

full forward son

TacadoirArdMhacha

Our National League fixtures for the year. 4 home games which should hopefully increase our chances of staying up if you ignore our pitiful record at the Atheltic Grounds in 2009. Trips to Cork, Mayo and them across the Newry Canal.

NFL Round 1

Sat Feb 5th: Division 1: Armagh v Dublin;

Sun 20 Feb: NFL Div 1 (Rd 2) (2.30):  Armagh v Monaghan

Sat 26 Feb:  NFL Div 1 (Rd 3) (7.30): Down v Armagh

Sun 13 March:  NFL Div 1 (Rd 4) (2.30): Mayo v Armagh,

Sunday March 20  NFL Div 1 (Rd 5) (2.30): Armagh v Kerry,

Sunday  April 3   NFL Div 1 (Rd 6) (2.30): Armagh v Galway

Sunday  April  10   NFL Div 1 (Rd 7) (2.30): Cork v Armagh

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

AFS

Pity the Cork isn't at home instead of Monaghan or Dublin, but not a bad list. Fixtures seem a bit better spaced out this year. No run of 3 or 4 games on consecutive weekends.

Glad Tasker got off. Should make for a fairly even contest now.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 01, 2010, 08:30:21 AM
Our National League fixtures for the year. 4 home games which should hopefully increase our chances of staying up if you ignore our pitiful record at the Atheltic Grounds in 2009. Trips to Cork, Mayo and them across the Newry Canal.

NFL Round 1

Super set of fixtures for Armagh... Dublin, Kerry & Galway all in Cross - they'll not enjoy that! (Pity big Joe didn't stay on!)

Couple of wee nice trips to Cork & Mayo too! Can't wait!

mrgaa1

NFL Round 1

where did these fixtures come from?  Not doubting you for one minute - great set of fixtures - but just checking   :-\

Logan

Would be a shame to see Task miss that one in fairness

crossfire

Quote from: Logan on October 01, 2010, 10:01:32 AM
Would be a shame to see Task miss that one in fairness

What about Jamie.?

armaghniac

from de Indo

ARMAGH selector Donal Murtagh is confident that renowned fitness trainer Mike McGurn will remain with the Orchard County in 2011, despite reports linking him with Clare.

Former Ireland rugby team trainer McGurn served in an advisory capacity to Clare and Kilmurry-Ibrickane manager Micheal McDermott during the Banner County outfit's run to this year's All-Ireland Club final defeat against Antrim's St Gall's.

But the Crossmaglen Rangers man is mystified by the reports stating that McGurn, who will also train Anthony Tohill's International Rules team, is going to be part of Clare's set-up for next season.

"I was talking to (Armagh manager) Paddy O'Rourke at the weekend and he never mentioned a thing about Mike going to Clare. If that was the case, I'm sure that Paddy would have said something about it," Murtagh said.

"Mike lives in Belfast and with the distance involved in travelling, I'd say that working with Clare would be a non-runner for him. As far as I was aware, Mike was going to be with Armagh for a few years, and the only way I could see him being involved with Clare would be merely on an advisory basis."
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BenDover

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 01, 2010, 09:13:55 AM

NFL Round 1

Super set of fixtures for Armagh... Dublin, Kerry & Galway all in Cross - they'll not enjoy that! (Pity big Joe didn't stay on!)

Couple of wee nice trips to Cork & Mayo too! Can't wait!
Would the games not be in the Athletic grounds - surely the work will be finished by then