Refugees

Started by Mayo4Sam14, September 03, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: armaghniac on September 23, 2015, 08:33:00 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 23, 2015, 08:24:10 PM
The fact of the matter is that these refugees are here whether you like it or not. Now something has to be done to help them, I contend that we and all of Europe have a duty to provide them with refuge

What do you propose that we do with them??

Define refuge? food and a place  to live, a place to live at a place of their choosing? A job?
Does this apply only to Syrians or also the Pakistanis, Indians etc in the mobs attacking police in Hungary?

I answered your question. You answer mine - what do you propose we do with them??

foxcommander

The fact of the matter is that these refugees are here whether you like it or not. Now something has to be done to help them, I contend that we and all of Europe have a duty to provide them with refuge

Open the gates, let everyone in  ::)
Austerity - what austerity? Bring all your family and relatives over. We'll pick up the tabs.
The Medical cards are on me!

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

If they're paying taxes then why shouldn't they have a medical card?

macdanger2

Quote from: foxcommander on September 23, 2015, 10:01:00 PM

Open the gates, let everyone in  ::)
Austerity - what austerity? Bring all your family and relatives over. We'll pick up the tabs.
The Medical cards are on me!

;D ;D ;D

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 23, 2015, 10:13:41 PM
If they're paying taxes then why shouldn't they have a medical card?

I don't think you actually understand what you've just wrote.

I'm still waiting to hear if you made it over to Oakland....

Itchy

Are you English fox. I mean you've no county in your profile and you talk pure shite like a right little britainer Tory boy. Add in xenophobic and its sorta clear then. Check out the Britain first people, they'd be right up your alley.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on September 23, 2015, 11:00:16 PM
Are you English fox. I mean you've no county in your profile and you talk pure shite like a right little britainer Tory boy.

One of the disappointing things about refugee threads is that racism enters into it eventually.......
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Quote from: armaghniac on September 23, 2015, 07:51:24 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 22, 2015, 09:17:20 AM
Yeah. Who gives a toss about Lebanon? Let them increase their population by 37.5% by taking in Syrian refugees. Nothing to do with us. How can we be expected to take 0.2% of the population of the EU? Wouldn't be fair, would it?

I think we should be concerned with all of  frontline countries and they should be assisted in every way. However, a Syrian refugee may well be as well off in a refugee camp in Jordan as one in Roscommon and if the Irish government is to fund such camps then it might well be better value to fund one in Jordan.

Perhaps we should be providing material assistance to the Lebanese and Jordanians. I don't know about Jordan, bet here's what "as well off" sounds like in a Lebanese refugee camp:
http://podcast.rasset.ie/podcasts/audio/2015/0923/20150923_rteradio1-morningireland-refugeesfl_c20850665_20850683_232_.mp3

armaghniac

Quote from: Hardy on September 24, 2015, 12:35:03 AM
Perhaps we should be providing material assistance to the Lebanese and Jordanians.

We absolutely should.

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on September 24, 2015, 01:38:56 AM
Perhaps we should be providing material assistance to the Lebanese and Jordanians.

We absolutely should.

The is little point in having a policy of sustaining refugee camps in places like the Lebanon with a neighbour like Israel: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/03/us-appalled-disgraceful-israeli-shelling-gaza-un-school
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on September 24, 2015, 06:49:09 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 24, 2015, 01:38:56 AM

We absolutely should.

The is little point in having a policy of sustaining refugee camps in places like the Lebanon with a neighbour like Israel: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/03/us-appalled-disgraceful-israeli-shelling-gaza-un-school

The proper cure there is to put manners on Isreal.

Itchy

Who would've thought little britainers and Tories were a "race". Thanks for that definition armaghmaniac even if it is pure stupid

macdanger2

Yes, we should be providing more assistance to countries where there are large refugee camps but do we expect refugees to stay there endlessly?? Is there a plan for removing them from refugee camps?

A quick google will return places like Dadaab and Breidjing Camp which have been open for years - once refugees go there, are they just expected to put their lives on hold?? It's no wonder they're flocking to Europe, at least there's some chance of a decent life for them and their families here besides being stuck in some sort of limbo in a refugee camp

foxcommander

8)
Are you English fox. I mean you've no county in your profile and you talk pure shite like a right little britainer Tory boy. Add in xenophobic and its sorta clear then. Check out the Britain first people, they'd be right up your alley.

Maybe you should read up on what xenophobia is after your little rant. I think you might have just outed yourself!!

Itchy

Quote from: foxcommander on September 24, 2015, 02:24:43 PM
8)

Maybe you should read up on what xenophobia is after your little rant. I think you might have just outed yourself!!

Fear of foreigners, only explanation I have for your shitty and uncharitable comments