Black eye Friday

Started by gerry, December 18, 2007, 09:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

Three days to go till A+E will be filled with people enjoying the christmas break to much, nursing a black eye or broken nuckle.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Square Ball

Gerry

people should heed your signature
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Square Ball

Drink in wit out.

Mind you our works do was last Friday and there were a few red faces about on Monday, and they are gonna do it all again on Friday, well a few of them refuse to drink again, curse those mobile phone cameras!!!  :o :o
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lynchbhoy

yeah I have a session planned with a few old ex-colleagues on Fri night in Dublin city centre

prob should go reasonably early, but easier said than done

Dublin city centre is a dangerous place all year round , but with the people that dont normally booze out on the prowl this time of year it is a minefield....

The Gs Man

We're playing a gig in Lurgan on Black-eyed Friday.  Should be interesting!!!!!
Keep 'er lit

Blacksheep

It's clean mad all over, not just Lurgan and Belfast. Down my way we call it Black Sheep friday though.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Is it really that bad though?

In our office we've had the Christmas do 2 weekends ago and a sort of bonus do last Friday. Think by Friday people just want the half day and get straight away home.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Hurler on the Bitch

Good day for the lads.. the Pernod ladies will be out - as will the furry cheque books when they run out of money and need more drink!

Fishbat

When the boss lands to work on black eye friday morning with a boot full of buckfast and beer its hardly any wonder the lads are as full as a nuns teats by noon then its off to the bars for the real drinking - where the confrontations begin due to irregulars being out and about the same day not knowing pub ettiquette on black eye friday.

Rule of thumb is stick to your own bars and crowd, any lads with work clothes on...... leave them alone......y'hear

a glorious build up to the feast of the birth of the saviour of mankind........and it gives the priest a gap filler on christmas morning

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 18, 2007, 09:42:48 PM
yeah I have a session planned with a few old ex-colleagues on Fri night in Dublin city centre

prob should go reasonably early, but easier said than done

Dublin city centre is a dangerous place all year round , but with the people that dont normally booze out on the prowl this time of year it is a minefield....

Really strange i've never had a problem their  ::) Owe but i did once nearly get my head kick off in Kilkenny hence its safe to say its a dangerous place all year round

Whats the point of this thread
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Fishbat on December 19, 2007, 02:06:13 AM
When the boss lands to work on black eye friday morning with a boot full of buckfast and beer its hardly any wonder the lads are as full as a nuns teats by noon then its off to the bars for the real drinking - where the confrontations begin due to irregulars being out and about the same day not knowing pub ettiquette on black eye friday.

Rule of thumb is stick to your own bars and crowd, any lads with work clothes on...... leave them alone......y'hear

a glorious build up to the feast of the birth of the saviour of mankind........and it gives the priest a gap filler on christmas morning

Thats so true  :D :D :D

Great Leap Forward

Anybody that has never seen trouble on black-eye Friday must live in the city. There is no way I would go anywhere near my local on Friday. It is ok until about 6 in the evening but after that anything can happen.

There are a few rare creatures that appear on black-eye Friday that make it a particulary annoying today to have a beer.

The first is the dirty hallion. This guy has done a half days work on the site and has hit the pub without going home to change. He can normally be indentified by a pool of mortar at his feet, half a bag of cement in his hair and the remains of a fiiled soda on his chin.

Then there is the 'I don't want to talk about work' guy. His good intentions last about an hour before he starts complaining about how the building trade is slowing up and naming joiners who aren't worth a f**k.

The next kind is the Christmas drinker. This guy is usually married (and the wife never lets him out of the house) or has never went with a woman in his life (and his ma never lets him out of the house). This guy is also easy to spot. He will most likely have a side parting and have his shirt rammed into his loose fit jeans. He will be sloshed after 2 beer and spends his time drooling over any woman that comes into the bar, telling everybody what he wouldn't mind doing to her. If he breaks into song it will likely be the last record he bought, Hillbilly rock by the Woolpackers. He won't see 11pm.

The final guy to watch out for is the Psycho. The reason it is known as black-eye Friday. A real bomb scare. He will drink out of town because he will be barred from his local. He will also be built like a tank but have very little between the ears. He will be drinking 5 half un's for verybody elses pint. Do not look near this specimen as it will make him extremely paranoid and you don't want that because this guy farts intimidation. He will most likely have plugged someone by 9pm and find himself barred from yet another pub.

It may be possible that one person ticks all these boxes. I have never met on and I have no intention of meeting one which is why Friday nights entertainment will be provided by Xtravsion.

illdecide

Lads i get the impression you lot are against the hard working guy with the cement boots and dirty cloths ::) I know 90% of the rows are with these guys but they are started with some shirt and tie p***k looking down their nose at them like they are a piece of dirt who then deserve a slap on the chaps.

If you go out on Friday and mind your own business and stay with your own crowd and don't insult anyone you will be fine ;)

And b4 you start i'm sitting with a shit and tie on ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gnevin

Quote from: illdecide on December 19, 2007, 11:11:22 AM
Lads i get the impression you lot are against the hard working guy with the cement boots and dirty cloths ::) I know 90% of the rows are with these guys but they are started with some shirt and tie p***k looking down their nose at them like they are a piece of dirt who then deserve a slap on the chaps.

If you go out on Friday and mind your own business and stay with your own crowd and don't insult anyone you will be fine ;)

And b4 you start i'm sitting with a shit and tie on ;)
The tie i get but the shit ? ???
;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.