Is FF gone as a party?

Started by macker15, April 10, 2021, 10:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: trailer on April 13, 2021, 11:33:39 AM
Quote from: tiempo on April 13, 2021, 11:21:52 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 13, 2021, 10:53:08 AM
Quote from: tiempo on April 13, 2021, 09:42:12 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 13, 2021, 08:58:05 AMWhen I read all these long posts I cant help but think that they are all based on the assumption that the rules of the game are the same as before. They are not - social media for one is massive now. Another, traditional media which to date has been aggressively biased against SF will soon realise that they are actually committing suicide doing this. What happens to FFG when Claire Byrne and Miriam O Callaghan start being fair and neutral in their interviews???

There's something you don't have to worry about, the establishment have these people in their back pocket, their A game is the smear campaign and even then its piss poor to average at best

As you say social media is a huge game changer in this day and age and I feel SF have an edge here

O'Callaghan in her haste to sideline fairness and objectivity will do more good for SF than harm, but it is sickening to watch at times, same as that gimp Tubridy

Well it certainly hasnt had the effect they were looking for and instead has damaged these institutions. But when will it dawn on them that the next minister they go with a begging bowl to may be a SF minister?

The establishment MO'C etc are part of will never accept SF, they'll fight them tooth and nail to the next election and if SF do enter government they'll traduce them at any opportunity, taking their own credibility with them as a result

If SF get in hopefully they can begin to dismantle the cabal that exists within the establishment protecting FFG, not that there isn't a mountain of other more important work to be done, but they'll just have to multi task

This is classic SF voter diatribe. The establishment is working against us. We're outsiders shaking things up. Drain the Swamp. The Cabal. What a load of shite. What about in the 6 counties were SF ARE THE ESTABLISHMENT and have been for the last 10 years. Give me a f**king break.

Everyone pull up a chair, wait till you see the shite posted in response... here we go....

Serious case of death grip you have there trailer

SF in the north are practicing antiestablishmentarianism, hadn't you noticed the century of bigotry dished out to the CNR population?

Auck yeno the cabal well, the ones that are adamant they wont enter government with SF but expect SF to enter government in the north with the DUP

The days of eating ones cake and still having ones cake are dwindling, the direction of travel is set

Rossfan

Travel to where exactly?
Looking at current opinion polls which would give around a 50/50/20 breakdown in seats to FG/SF/FF and 40 to the rest.
How many of the 40 would be left leaning or SF friendly ?
Would Labour/SDP be willing to be the very Junior partners in a SF led Coalition?
They'd be more likely to sit back and let them form a Coalition with FF/Greens and  let SF be exposed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on April 13, 2021, 01:03:23 PM
Travel to where exactly?
Looking at current opinion polls which would give around a 50/50/20 breakdown in seats to FG/SF/FF and 40 to the rest.
How many of the 40 would be left leaning or SF friendly ?
Would Labour/SDP be willing to be the very Junior partners in a SF led Coalition?
They'd be more likely to sit back and let them form a Coalition with FF/Greens and  let SF be exposed.
Exposed for what exactly?

Hound

Quote from: seafoid on April 13, 2021, 12:37:51 PM

What sort of economic policy would SF run?
You won't get an answer to that from a SF supporter.
Someone else is going to pay for it, so it really doesn't matter !

I look forward to seeing what they actually do. They'll be the biggest part after the next election, absent a complete collapse.
FF and FG should of course not go into coalition with them due to their diametrically opposed policies and strategies. So they'll need to get the parties of the left to come together, if they don't get the overall majority. That'll be interesting.

trailer

Quote from: tiempo on April 13, 2021, 12:51:32 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 13, 2021, 11:33:39 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 13, 2021, 10:53:08 AM
Quote from: tiempo on April 13, 2021, 09:42:12 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 13, 2021, 08:58:05 AMWhen I read all these long posts I cant help but think that they are all based on the assumption that the rules of the game are the same as before. They are not - social media for one is massive now. Another, traditional media which to date has been aggressively biased against SF will soon realise that they are actually committing suicide doing this. What happens to FFG when Claire Byrne and Miriam O Callaghan start being fair and neutral in their interviews???

There's something you don't have to worry about, the establishment have these people in their back pocket, their A game is the smear campaign and even then its piss poor to average at best

As you say social media is a huge game changer in this day and age and I feel SF have an edge here

O'Callaghan in her haste to sideline fairness and objectivity will do more good for SF than harm, but it is sickening to watch at times, same as that gimp Tubridy

Well it certainly hasnt had the effect they were looking for and instead has damaged these institutions. But when will it dawn on them that the next minister they go with a begging bowl to may be a SF minister?

The establishment MO'C etc are part of will never accept SF, they'll fight them tooth and nail to the next election and if SF do enter government they'll traduce them at any opportunity, taking their own credibility with them as a result

If SF get in hopefully they can begin to dismantle the cabal that exists within the establishment protecting FFG, not that there isn't a mountain of other more important work to be done, but they'll just have to multi task

This is classic SF voter diatribe. The establishment is working against us. We're outsiders shaking things up. Drain the Swamp. The Cabal. What a load of shite. What about in the 6 counties were SF ARE THE ESTABLISHMENT and have been for the last 10 years. Give me a f**king break.

Everyone pull up a chair, wait till you see the shite posted in response... here we go....

Serious case of death grip you have there trailer

SF in the north are practicing antiestablishmentarianism, hadn't you noticed the century of bigotry dished out to the CNR population?

Auck yeno the cabal well, the ones that are adamant they wont enter government with SF but expect SF to enter government in the north with the DUP

The days of eating ones cake and still having ones cake are dwindling, the direction of travel is set

I've read some shite in my time but this is right up there.

tiempo

tiempo

Quote from: Hound on April 13, 2021, 01:25:48 PM

I look forward to seeing what they actually do. They'll be the biggest part after the next election, absent a complete collapse.
FF and FG should of course not go into coalition with them due to their diametrically opposed policies and strategies. So they'll need to get the parties of the left to come together, if they don't get the overall majority. That'll be interesting.

Any economists out there like to describe the current FFG economic policy?

tiempo

Quote from: trailer on April 13, 2021, 01:35:08 PMI've read some shite in my time but this is right up there.

Just for you  ;)

weareros

Quote from: Snapchap on April 13, 2021, 12:35:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 13, 2021, 11:28:08 AM
I wonder is this why Itchy was demanding I tell him who I voted for? ;D

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-under-pressure-to-reveal-location-of-its-secret-voter-database-40306631.html

So sssentially, FFG are outraged that SF have an electronic database of voters? I enjoyed the bit in the article which notes that all parties get an electronic copy of eh....the electoral register of voters.

It's like the Indo have reached peak desperation.

The register is available online, and just consists of a name and area where you live. I think the issue would be if SF is storing personal information about voters on top of just the name. People get annoyed with Big Tech doing that, and advertising tracking companies, and it likely violates GDPR. So it should raise eyebrows if a political party is doing that.

Now that is not to say it wasn't done in a different way in the past. Those two lads (the FF lad and the FG) who'd be observing the voting process in the voting booth like hawks would have their little bookeen and would be marking off who voted. They'd know in their head, what way everyone votes, and if an old FF voter had not made it in yet, the car would be sent out to cart them in to vote.

armaghniac

Quote from: weareros on April 13, 2021, 02:00:09 PM

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-under-pressure-to-reveal-location-of-its-secret-voter-database-40306631.html

So sssentially, FFG are outraged that SF have an electronic database of voters? I enjoyed the bit in the article which notes that all parties get an electronic copy of eh....the electoral register of voters.

The register is available online, and just consists of a name and area where you live. I think the issue would be if SF is storing personal information about voters on top of just the name. People get annoyed with Big Tech doing that, and advertising tracking companies, and it likely violates GDPR. So it should raise eyebrows if a political party is doing that.

The Data Protection commissioner gave a bollocking to several TDs in the past, I don't see why SF should be any different, and holding the database outside of places respecting GDPR would be definite problem.

It might be interesting to ask SF for a copy of all information held about you.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mouview

Isn't this  'cabal' called the electorate?

tiempo

Quote from: mouview on April 13, 2021, 04:39:36 PM

Isn't this  'cabal' called the electorate?

Touché, except no, the plain people of Ireland aren't the establishment, the establishment serve their own self interest, not that of the electorate

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2021, 04:27:39 PM

The Data Protection commissioner gave a bollocking to several TDs in the past, I don't see why SF should be any different, and holding the database outside of places respecting GDPR would be definite problem.

Why do people quote GDPR as if it is the answer to anything personal data related. Business and organisations are allowed to store personal information which has been captured with the knowledge of the person for its intended uses is legitimate and does not break GDPR rules. You can argue away to your blue in the face about what is a legitimate need for SF to hold certain data but only people in that or any organisation know what the need is for it. Business and organisations also have a legal obligation to protect that data such as ensuring only people who need it have access to it, that the data is stored in a safe and secure manner or that people are not carelessly leaving print outs etc of personal information lying around the place in offices or elsewhere and so forth.

Itchy

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on April 14, 2021, 01:02:41 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2021, 04:27:39 PM

Why do people quote GDPR as if it is the answer to anything personal data related. Business and organisations are allowed to store personal information which has been captured with the knowledge of the person for its intended uses is legitimate and does not break GDPR rules. You can argue away to your blue in the face about what is a legitimate need for SF to hold certain data but only people in that or any organisation know what the need is for it. Business and organisations also have a legal obligation to protect that data such as ensuring only people who need it have access to it, that the data is stored in a safe and secure manner or that people are not carelessly leaving print outs etc of personal information lying around the place in offices or elsewhere and so forth.

You are forgetting an important formula that is used in the Indo offices which makes your argument void

S + F = BAD

Hound

Quote from: tiempo on April 13, 2021, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 13, 2021, 01:25:48 PM

Any economists out there like to describe the current FFG economic policy?

Well for example, today's news on economics includes:
- projected growth of 4.5% in the economy this year
- despite the damage wrought by Covid, the economy has been resilient and tax income has held up better than expected
- Modified Domestic Demand, which focuses on the domestic economy, is forecast to grow by 2.5% in 2021 and 7.5% next year